Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Not going to wait for Brandon to release his book on props ? You know he's going to. Since he owns the original V2 , I bet we get a whole chapter on it alone. I know it could be wishful thinking, but if it does happen we'll finally have the actual measurements and details. Unless you already have access to it that is...:unsure
Don Mac.

Not going to wait for Brandon to release his book on props ? You know he's going to. Since he owns the original V2 , I bet we get a whole chapter on it alone. I know it could be wishful thinking, but if it does happen we'll finally have the actual measurements and details. Unless you already have access to it that is...:unsure
Don Mac.

I haven't heard that he has any plans to release more information. It's been a couple years since he made his possession of the prop public, and he still seems reticent to make his full documentation available, unfortunately

I swear I've got the "Mystery Chunk" cracked: it's a leather stamp. More specifically, a "beveler." I just got one in the mail and I've been just looking it over and comparing it to the screencaps we have of it and I'm absolutely positive this is our chunk (well, at least a good 98% anyway).

It's tapered, got the fine knurling on the top, and I believe it has the long side of the stamp facing away from the cone knob, which gives it that peculiar shape seen in the armrest photo.

Here's some quick, dirty (and regrettably dark) photos compared to the sq. head set screw currently on my Starkiller V2 (First Run). I always thought the bit above the cubes were a bit long but you get the rough idea.

IMG_6505.JPG IMG_6515.JPG

IMG_6519.JPG

I'm wanting to save this for the new run, should/when it happens, but in the meantime, any thoughts?

I swear I've got the "Mystery Chunk" cracked: it's a leather stamp. More specifically, a "beveler." I just got one in the mail and I've been just looking it over and comparing it to the screencaps we have of it and I'm absolutely positive this is our chunk (well, at least a good 98% anyway).

It's tapered, got the fine knurling on the top, and I believe it has the long side of the stamp facing away from the cone knob, which gives it that peculiar shape seen in the armrest photo.

Here's some quick, dirty (and regrettably dark) photos compared to the sq. head set screw currently on my Starkiller V2 (First Run). I always thought the bit above the cubes were a bit long but you get the rough idea.

View attachment 773806 View attachment 773807

View attachment 773808

I'm wanting to save this for the new run, should/when it happens, but in the meantime, any thoughts?

interesting that it's not even the same height all the way around - the knurled surface is slanted?

especially with that fine knurling and the tapered box shape, it seems this is it

It's neither the same height all way round nor are all the corners straight and angled; it's all very rounded. The only stamps I've found with a flush top and square like the beveler I have are the ones minus the knurling and made specifically to just punch square shapes. The knurling, I think, creates a cross-hatching effect when pressed into the leather, that's why it isn't completely flat.

Until it's revealed, I'm fairly certain this is our mystery man, er---thing.

Last edited:
Maybe this will help:
While working on the images for Anakin Starkiller's new V2 and doing some perspective matching in 3D, I modeled the mystery knob based on a screen shot from the 'Mark meets the V2' video. I estimate that the measurements of mystery chunk are more or less like this:
base 7.5 x 7.5 mm (0.30" x 0.30")
height 4 mm (0.16")
draft angle: 10 degrees
1 mm (0.04") fillets (rounded edges on the corners), maybe a little bigger.

Mystery-knob_2.jpg

Mystery-knob_1.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back