Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

The lighting is not the same.

Hey Inigou, I think it'd be interesting to see you retake your photo with the strong light on the right and softer/reflected light on the left like in the original photo~!

Interesting... so it looks like the emitter is more similar to the original source BP than was originally thought....

I think so too, and....

Here's my newest drawing comparison

Hey Anakin Starkiller ! I think the terminal end of the emitter should be completely flat like on the original balance pipe. Since we've learned in Mark Hamill's Pop Culture Quest video with the REAL V2 that its emitter is wobbly on the terminal end due to impacts (which I believe have been misinterpreted by others as a bevel on the terminal end). What do you think?

I MUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD.

I DO NOT WANT A LUKE ROTJ.

I HAVE TOO MANY OTHER PROJECTS TO FINISH.

ALL MY MONEY MUST GO TO FINDING THE LAST TWO PARTS OF MY REAL PARTS OBI-WAN KENOBI LIGHTSABER.

THERE....IS....NO....OTH-ER....LIGHT....SA....BER

....MUST....STAY....AWAY....;)

Hey Inigou, I think it'd be interesting to see you retake your photo with the strong light on the right and softer/reflected light on the left like in the original photo~!

Here it goes. I don´t have spotlights, just my work daylight jewellery lamp and a window so is the closer lighting i was able to achieve.
Please note that the lens distortion may vary a bit between both.
I have done my best. Hope you like it.

v2.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice shoot Inigo. It helps a lot to identify the slight details that defere.

I have the feeling that the complete grenade section, from the windvane to the last ring/gorge before the clamp section has this slightly bronze color on top of the black

Very nice shoot Inigo. It helps a lot to identify the slight details that defere.

I have the feeling that the complete grenade section, from the windvane to the last ring/gorge before the clamp section has this slightly bronze color on top of the black
I think that's just dust and dirt buildup. Could be from the sandstorm scene.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Huh. I don't see any knurling, but it's not the best photo.

Huh. I don't see any knurling, but it's not the best photo.

I've seen something there from when the photo was posted... I didn't think it was knurling.

Either way the search still continues! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I do the next run, I don't know if I can even PART with my v2 from round 2...

I may just need a version for at work... I've grown attached to it and I'm not even done yet...

I imagine when I'm done I'll never let it go.

Side note, anyone know if there are more V2 clamp levers coming? It's the only thing still missing from mine. I didn't nab one from wannawanga when I had the chance.

Been kicking this idea for a while and been looking at some pics as to what the "mystery chunk" could be given that it's knurled. It's not entirely square, it looks tapered (and possibly slanted), and it has knurling. Now I put it out there for scrutiny, and get any info from anyone whom might be more familiar with it; is our chunk a leathercraft stamp?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The stamp:

1003525668-1-300x300.jpg

ec0159eqc950ed026x3.jpg

9Pcs-Set-Leather-Working-Saddle-font-b-Making-b-font-Tools.jpg

119736_2_1421b8983cda09f166f1d86ef6378a39534bcfc5.jpg

9pcs-pack-font-b-LEATHER-b-font-CRAFT-font-b-STAMPS-b-font-font-b-leather.jpg

It's a good instinct PoopaPapaPalps. I can see it, broken tool, "let's toss this on there".

My thinking was along similar lines. There's a great hole on this prop, that needs to be on set at last minute, what's readily available in-house of similar size and of little consequence to sacrifice on the band saw?

I keep going back to some type of antique, square head, lag bolt.

This, to me, is getting closer to what I see in the pics, (minus the pronounced lip under the square head):

I'm having a very hard time seeing the knurling on the chunk that is being described. I see what are possibly manufacturer's markings that are common on the head of some screws.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back