Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Just throwing this out there. If you are like me and are sad:cry that you missed Anakin Starkiller's run. KR sabers is about to do one! And his is going to have an optional aluminum and brass crystal chamber!!!

Another interesting note on the rod chip, its also changed positions since the Celebrations photos, where it was in the correct ROTJ Emperor's Chair position.

5.jpg

Guys.. I just want to say; this has been a blast, what a ride!
270 (Tapatalk) pages of discussion and admiration.. crying, yelling, hallucinations, speculations. Celebrating, loving, hating, wanting.. crying..
So confused, I feel like I know less now than before.
What I do know is I’ve got the latest Starkiller in house, I’ve got aluminum black, rattle cans and stencils ordered. Everything should be lined up and I’m pretty effin’ intimidated by it all!

Aiai!

Thank you all

es

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically fuller’s earth is used in scenes like this vs. heavy duty sand. Fuller’s earth is far too fine to sand blast anything such as paint off of a prop.

Here’s my theory on why there is “more black paint” seen on the booster in the sandstorm sequence than later in the movie...

This saber had been used as a practice dueling saber in Empire. It wouldn’t shock me if they had not only gaffered the neck, but that they may have gaffered the booster area as well, for comfort, at that time. I think ratty gaffer tape on the booster is what we are seeing in the sandstorm sequence.

After filming the sandstorm scene, someone ripped the gaffer tape off of the booster, leaving the type of black paint pattern remnants on the booster that anyone who has done the same thing with a metal prop that has been painted will recognize. This would explain why the look of the booster would have changed so drastically in such a short time during shooting.

Anyway, that’s my theory.

This pic from the deleted sandstorm scene looks like there was a lot more black paint on it. Maybe the blowing sand wore it off during filming these scenes?

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/802/26763899917_6838fc083f_b.jpg

Last edited:
nice adapter! that's quite a roll of tape coming undone to get the diameter that wide.

What color combinations did you use for the neck?

nice adapter! that's quite a roll of tape coming undone to get the diameter that wide.

What color combinations did you use for the neck?

The tape is actually only about one and a half wraps on both the screen used prop and for what gets used with the adapter.
For the neck color, see Halliwax's tutorial. he has an in depth video on that very topic.

Trent, this gaffer tape adapter is freak’n crazy!!

My hands were tied when you showed me the prototype

I was stuck grouting, with the weather in the 80s I only had a small window of time before it hardens and I can work with it, after I throw the grout down I have to wash it or I’m screwed

It was the longest work day of my life lol seeing the teaser pics my mind raced with all kinds of comments and questions

Your video answered them all, this thing is so simple, but yet so complex and a engineering master piece

You got that “dove tail” freak’n perfect!! It’s so scary how much it matches!!

Coming up with the pressure fit side was genius, no mistaking what side is right side up, and to top it off it works and looks just like it does in the pop culture video

If anyone wants there V2 to look like it does today, this gaffers tape adapter is a MUST!!

I personally think every V2 owner should have a gaffers tape adapter just encase you what to dress the V2 up

You can easily put it on and off, easier then dressing a Barbie doll!! And I can say that with confidence since I’ve been dressing them a lot lately
(My niece has hit the Barbie phase)

Ordering up these now, totally out of this world!!

Trent, this gaffer tape adapter is freak’n crazy!!

My hands were tied when you showed me the prototype

I was stuck grouting, with the weather in the 80s I only had a small window of time before it hardens and I can work with it, after I throw the grout down I have to wash it or I’m screwed

It was the longest work day of my life lol seeing the teaser pics my mind raced with all kinds of comments and questions

Your video answered them all, this thing is so simple, but yet so complex and a engineering master piece

You got that “dove tail” freak’n perfect!! It’s so scary how much it matches!!

Coming up with the pressure fit side was genius, no mistaking what side is right side up, and to top it off it works and looks just like it does in the pop culture video

If anyone wants there V2 to look like it does today, this gaffers tape adapter is a MUST!!

I personally think every V2 owner should have a gaffers tape adapter just encase you what to dress the V2 up

You can easily put it on and off, easier then dressing a Barbie doll!! And I can say that with confidence since I’ve been dressing them a lot lately
(My niece has hit the Barbie phase)

Ordering up these now, totally out of this world!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say.........I think you're happy!:lol

This is why I love the RPF, people totally giddy over things like this!

I am pending the arrival of a steel rod to plug the emitter with, but thought I would post updated pics as this thing is pretty much done.

I picked up Trooper Trent’s gaffer tape kit, which looks perfect to my eye and was only lightly weathered by me. I highly recommmed picking up his kit if you haven’t already.

I also went lightly on denting / warping the emitter face as I was too worried about creating alignment issues between the emitter parts. I’m happy with the limited damage I did.

C2C37250-33C1-45D2-B474-152ADEB3D623.jpegDF570818-3BF9-40E5-990B-8886155CD183.jpeg04022615-9B6B-4A2F-9497-7B17487FD74B.jpegC0F3D714-197A-4362-BB89-5AFB70BE266A.jpeg3DD1C7AE-95B1-436B-B30B-B3650DF37493.jpeg

And the madness begins again...on to the screen-used version of the V3:

CE0058B3-6D08-4FFD-8BAF-CAB0D9DBD30B.jpeg

Last edited:
I wanted to show what happened the other day. I felt my V2 neck was too dark, so I went heavier with what I used. Professional tough black paint with a rose gold dusting over it. I think originally I had brushed on rose gold and copper mixed together. Either way... with this new dusting I noticed it looked brown in front of a well lit window. My hoodie is very brown for example.

Attachments

• 20181006_090743.jpg
    20181006_090743.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 20181006_090758.jpg
    20181006_090758.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 216
I wanted to show what happened the other day. I felt my V2 neck was too dark, so I went heavier with what I used. Professional tough black paint with a rose gold dusting over it. I think originally I had brushed on rose gold and copper mixed together. Either way... with this new dusting I noticed it looked brown in front of a well lit window. My hoodie is very brown for example.

Tom the colors looks great, but put some shoes on before you catch a cold!

Not sure if this is new or not, I’ve never seen it, but around 7:30 there’s footage of Mark training with the V2 for Enpire, quite a bit of it.

[video]https://youtube.com/watch?v=YeB-uXGGaEU[/video]

Not sure if this is new or not, I’ve never seen it, but around 7:30 there’s footage of Mark training with the V2 for Enpire, quite a bit of it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YeB-uXGGaEU

Yup this hit therpf HUGE not with just the v2/v3 but so many other props

My favorite part is the crew randomly spray painting the pilots flightsuits with spray paint on set

Miss ya buddy don’t be a stranger!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back