Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

I'm going to let it be for now. I REALLY hope Brandon is putting out a prop book, or plans to release more images in some format. If/when that happens, and if/when we get a clear pic, I'll try to replicate what I see. But for now I'm thinking I'll just let it be until I have more certainty. If a long time passes and that doesn't happen, maybe I'll wing it. But I'm in no rush.

Me too, in a perfect world, where they paid more attention to detail, they wouldn't have left that there. Heck, they tried to "clean up" the shared stunt, so maybe it's not so important yet. :)

I'm still thinking that there may be an in depth feature on the eventual Blu Ray release, that will go in depth to how far the production crew went to make absolutely sure all props were accurate to the OT props. We know they were adamant about having actual Graflex flashes for the old Luke saber. One can infer that Luke still has his ROTJ saber, so they may have either scanned & recreated Brandon's saber, or even (possibly) used the original for nostalgia's sake.

That may be what Brandon's waiting for?

After seeing the ANH/ESB hybrid, we may all be looking at a V2/Hero hybrid come December, & yes, I'll be in on that run, too.:lol:facepalm

You also have to consider that the angle of the clamp matching the paint scheme changed throughout filming because when Mark wore it on his belt they had to rotate the clamp because the box portion would dig into his leg otherwise. There is that famous production photo of Luke in the Ewok village right before Leia comes to talk to him. In it you can see the clamp is rotated so it can hang more comfortably on his belt.

If you look close you can see that the cone knob is actually on the opposite side because the clamp was turned.

Last edited:
:lol

Came on to see what the newest discussion was this morning, & saw this thread on the SECOND PAGE !!:confused

It's been in the top 5 for weeks ,man. I guess now that the order has been placed, everyone is afraid to look at anymore pictures, screen caps, or renders, for fear of finding something else.:cool:thumbsup

Either way, it has been a true education, an exciting discussion, & a genuine pleasure to read this & be a part of this run...

So here's one last front page bump until everyone gets their sabers in.

Sooo ... question ... when the V2 is used in many more scenes as the main saber on Luke's belt and on set, as though it was the hero saber, which is mostly seen in close-ups ... then which saber does Luke use as the stuntsaber in this picture?

Or could the V2 be cobbled up rather quickly by the props-department . . . to become a true stuntsaber? This saber has got me very confused at times :confused

Chaim

Sooo ... question ... when the V2 is used in many more scenes as the main saber on Luke's belt and on set, as though it was the hero saber, which is mostly seen in close-ups ... then which saber does Luke use as the stuntsaber in this picture?

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/LukeROTJ7_zpse4cc8fdf.jpg

Or could the V2 be cobbled up rather quickly by the props-department . . . to become a true stuntsaber? This saber has got me very confused at times :confused

Chaim

Its confused me too. It does have a coppery neck and a graflex clamp, you can see it in blu Ray stills. Basically, we're pretty sure it's the shared stunt, it has the groove in the top of the neck too. Same as that black and white photo of Hamil and Prowse, it was used for fencing. Then, at some point the nipple and blade were cut off during production of ROTJ, as it is seen as a stand in prop for Luke and vader discussing family history :)

Last edited:
Let's Nail down the clamp card. The tweaks I did to Slothfurnace's card render got a few likes but no critiques or discussion.
I'm not satisfied with calling it good and moving on.

P.s. I'll accept a tiny discount on a clamp card if my meager contribution warrants it. :angel

Let's Nail down the clamp card. The tweaks I did to Slothfurnace's clamp render got a few likes but no critiques or discussion.
I'm not satisfied with calling it good and moving on.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431459628.525725.jpg

Please consider this image. The previous changes with the gap in the right track (left in this image) might not be correct.

And as I mentioned before; the wide pins seem much wider than in proposed design.

View attachment 476529

Please consider this image. The previous changes with the gap in the right track (left in this image) might not be correct.

And as I mentioned before; the wide pins seem much wider than in proposed design.
I think you may be right about the right track, I did widen the pins in my most recent tweak post #1015. It also looks as though the two vertical tracks are connected to the lower horizontal track like cayman shen proposed.

View attachment 476529

I think you may be right about the right track, I did widen the pins in my most recent tweak post #1015. It also looks as though the two vertical tracks are connected to the lower horizontal track like cayman shen proposed.

I am also in agreement.

Good! It does look as if it connects to the horizontal bar, just as pin #5 does. Something else, the silver tracks don't seem to be connected in the center of the pins, but rather a bit off-center. Or is this a trick of light?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back