Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Hello, I'm a new member and I would like to post a few pics of my V2. I really like this particular saber in all its versions :)

As far as I know, this one was made by a RPF member. I bought it on EBay.

DSC02978.JPG

And this one comes from Russ Rep

DSC03420.JPG

DSC03551.JPG

Welcome to the RPF Duck :D

Nice crystal in tha Russrep v2 :)

I also have a clean Russrep v2 - I went for a clean one as the 'weathering' on the screen used version just looks like a bit of grime and dirt that could be cleaned right off to me - this is my version of the saber after Luke had a chance to kick back, relax, and polish his saber after the Battle of Yavin :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Knightsaber @ Jun 23 2006, 04:28 PM) [snapback]1266658[/snapback]</div>
Very nice. I think I'm gonna have to invest in a russrep v2. Oh and I think you mean Battle of Endor ;)
[/b]
Battle of Endor yup :$ . That's what working through the night and then trying to post something does for you :D

If anyone is intending getting a russrep in order to make a clean version then it might be worth mentioning it to him when you order one (if he's still doing them). I know one person who got one where the anodized portions were scuffed and if you were making a weathered one that wouldn't matter so much - but if you intend making a clean one it would. For the record my Russrep was about perfect and cheap to as he is in the UK so less shipping for me for a change :D

Sorry to bump the thread but I didn't want to start a new one. I've been admiring all these V2's and really want to look into getting one. I got an extra graflex clamp laying around. So I know the hilt will have to be purchased but what about the cone knob? Is that custom made along with the hilt or a seperate piece I can find at a hardware store? Thanks in advance

<div class='quotetop'>(lesternessman @ Dec 21 2005, 01:59 PM) [snapback]1140865[/snapback]</div>
here's one I spotted over at dewback that looks pretty good for being a hardware...
ls_rotj_washer01.jpg

[/b]

Any idea how this was assembled? I've been wanting to build this for a while to go with my hardware Obi (Daryn Starkiller) and Dooku sabers. They are STILL a WIP but they look nice so far. As with the one above, the only part I'll need to order is Roman's clamp and MAY need to have the knob machined but might not need to since I saw something VERY similar on an air freshener box in a Gatlinburg Tenn. restroom. It wasn't 100% accurate, but it had a reletavely cone shaped (not as prominent as most V2 knobs, but not flat like Luuke's theory either) top with knurled edges which reminded me of the V2's knob. I'll have to wait for next year's vacation to get it though :( .

<div class='quotetop'>(Brewtal @ Jun 24 2006, 05:57 AM) [snapback]1267132[/snapback]</div>
:eek

That's one great looking saber Duck9000. Where did you get that circuit board from?
[/b]
A little late :confused , but I got the circuit board from Russ too :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Jediscum @ Aug 3 2006, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1293246[/snapback]</div>
Sorry to bump the thread but I didn't want to start a new one. I've been admiring all these V2's and really want to look into getting one. I got an extra graflex clamp laying around. So I know the hilt will have to be purchased but what about the cone knob? Is that custom made along with the hilt or a seperate piece I can find at a hardware store? Thanks in advance
[/b]
I really don't know. I got my saber almost complete from Russ, including the cone knob already attached to the hilt

<div class='quotetop'>(Jediscum @ Aug 4 2006, 02:38 AM) [snapback]1293505[/snapback]</div>
Thanks Duck. Guess that's probably how everyone gets theirs
[/b]
I think so. Good luck with your project. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(Jediscum @ Aug 4 2006, 03:49 AM) [snapback]1293246[/snapback]</div>
[/b]
Blast Tech sells the correct circuit board for the V2, which is basically the same as the Luke ESB board.

The knob need to be custom made, and the knurling is very different depending on if its made of mild steel or aluminum. Most people who make the V2 will also make the knob to go with it. Your biggest concern, however, is finding a suitable fillister screw.

As for where to get one, you have PM :)

<div class='quotetop'>(SaberFreak @ Aug 5 2006, 09:41 AM) [snapback]1294359[/snapback]</div>
The knob need to be custom made, and the knurling is very different depending on if its made of mild steel or aluminum. Most people who make the V2 will also make the knob to go with it. Your biggest concern, however, is finding a suitable fillister screw.

As for where to get one, you have PM :)
[/b]

Is there any photographic evidence the cone knob was knurled?
I know in certain quarters it's believed the cone knob used on the V2 is the same found item which was used on costumes. This knob is knurled, but is it the same as the V2 knob?

Here's my (now sold) Russrep V2. The most accurate to date IMHO.

V2comparison_1.jpg

Howard.

<div class='quotetop'>(Howard @ Aug 5 2006, 04:52 PM) [snapback]1294363[/snapback]</div>
Is there any photographic evidence the cone knob was knurled?[/b]
I can't say i have seen any, but then again a lot of things can only be assumed until such time new evidence show otherwise.

If it is later proven that the knob is not knurled, then its just a simple matter of replacing it; unless the V2 maker made the knob a permanent feature. ;)

Here are some pics of my Russrep V2.
I did the weathering on the emitter and the neck..
Graflex clamp is authentic.

[attachmentid=9862]
[attachmentid=9860]
[attachmentid=9863]
[attachmentid=9862]
[attachmentid=9864]

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back