Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

thats a bent nail holding the clamp together. if i recall correctly, the nail was believed to be used on the v2 during for at least some portion of filming. personally i think it was used a very short amount of time.

Unless I missed something , it was never confirmed to be a nail.
It is some kind of "rod" or "wire" like object though.
It is seen in a few photos of the of the V.2.
luke2saber.jpg

My theory is that rod/wire was used to anchor the clamp and control box into a stationary position on the saber (after the lever was damaged somehow). However, in some of the photos it looks as though the anchoring came loose.

BTW, even though there are very few screencaps/photos of this rod sticking out of the control box, keep in mind that there are NO screencaps or photos showing a standard Graflex lever sticking ouf of the control box

DS

I wish we could get some more info on this saber, regarding the nail. Pix of the other side of the clamp would confirm if it's a nail or a rod.

Originally posted by BrundelFly+Mar 20 2006, 06:48 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BrundelFly @ Mar 20 2006, 06:48 AM)</div>
Anyone sell a GOOD blank to start making a V2 saber?
[snapback]1209271[/snapback]​
[/b]

Russrep :thumbsup

<!--QuoteBegin-ob1al
@Mar 21 2006, 09:17 PM
Nice.

Great weathering on the paintwork.
[snapback]1210393[/snapback]​

Thanks.

Originally posted by Darth_Pain@Mar 21 2006, 02:25 PM
I wish we could get some more info on this saber, regarding the nail. Pix of the other side of the clamp would confirm if it's a nail or a rod.
[snapback]1210324[/snapback]​

Actually there is a photo (screencap) of the Emperor holding the lightsaber and you can just make out the opposite side of the control box. It isn't a clear picture but to me it looks as though there's an empty cavity on the control box....Basically looks like the side bar is missing on that side.

DS

Nice saber scary fello. These V2s from Russ look great. He's putting out a great custom for you folks to weather. Nice job on the added work from your end.

Definitely looks great. I've been thinking about a V2 myself. I've got a yodahouse that I converted to a v2 a while back, but I'd like to have a more accurate one. Could anybody who owns a russrep blank give some rought dimensions? Emiter, Pommel, grip section? Thanks.
- John

Originally posted by Anakin Starkiller@Mar 25 2006, 06:32 PM
Barry, 

Did you every get a look at the v2 when you were working for MR?

Thanks

Dan Stokes
DDStokes@aol.com
[snapback]1213115[/snapback]​

Wow, I'd love to know the answer to this question. I've never heard of anyone ever seeing the V2 in person. It's like it only existed on film. I always figured Hammil took it, just like his shoes from ANH.

Dan,

I desperately wanted to release a version of the Luke V.2 (insert angry crowds with pitchforks here), and it was on the product plan when I left the company.

It used to reside in the archives as I have seen pics of it when the Icons guys were there snapping away. You can see it on a shelf in the background. However licensing told MR that it's no longer in the archives. What happened to it, or if it's just lost in the cataloguing there, who knows? But without the actual piece there's no way for MR to accurately recreate it, and so it's off the plan.

Barry

I like the v2 more then the hero I mean the v2 makes more sence story wise.I wish George would of just stuck with the v2 insted of the hero.You all have some great lightsabers here. :)

Billy

Originally posted by Barry@Mar 26 2006, 02:24 AM
Dan,

I desperately wanted to release a version of the Luke V.2 (insert angry crowds with pitchforks here), and it was on the product plan when I left the company.

It used to reside in the archives as I have seen pics of it when the Icons guys were there snapping away. You can see it on a shelf in the background. However licensing told MR that it's no longer in the archives. What happened to it, or if it's just lost in the cataloguing there, who knows? But without the actual piece there's no way for MR to accurately recreate it, and so it's off the plan.

Barry
[snapback]1213319[/snapback]​

No. how could it be lost? They kept every little piece of crap latex and lost the Luke's ROTJ saber?

<div class='quotetop'>(Unfated @ Jun 22 2006, 02:26 AM) [snapback]1265563[/snapback]</div>
I prefer the V2 to the hero.
[/b]

Me too, though on mine I'm not going to bother with that ugly looking nail that held the clamp together. If the prop guys on ROTJ had an extra clamp around I'm sure they would have kept it all as one peice.

BTW, are there any good tutorials for weathering the graflex clamp?

I finally got some pictures taken of mine (unfortunately not for a show-off thread :( ). Here are a couple.

It doesn't have a couple things, but the weathering job is amazing. It's made by Viper1357 BTW.

v2_01.jpg

v2_07.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back