Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Clean, and staying that way ;)

LukeROTJV2Border.jpg

More Pics

Dave

I love your pristine V2 lgtsbr. I'm getting a blank V2 from someone at the Rebelscum forums, and I think I'm going for the pristine look too.

Originally posted by lgtsbr@Dec 17 2005, 03:30 PM
Clean, and staying that way  ;)

LukeROTJV2Border.jpg

More Pics

Dave
[snapback]1138108[/snapback]​
Just out of curiosity, if you were wanting your V2 to be pristine (AFB), wouldn't the vane, neck, & emitter, need to be painted (mostly) black? I say this since the screen-used version was always shown with most of the black paint worn off - - - if that makes any sense. /not knocking your V2, it's a beaut.

I have a V2 blank that I purchased from jd pilot a long time ago. I will eventually paint it & weather it. I've been working on other projects trying to improve my weathering skills before I tackle it.

See, I looked at it the other way - the neck and emitter were actually "dirty", not missing paint - kind of a burt from use sort of thing, the way the BD Maul saber was - does that make sense? I don't take discussion as knocking anything, I like to hear the different opinions :)

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really love this saber and it looks awesome displayed next to my Hero saber

Dave

Originally posted by Nexus6@Dec 17 2005, 08:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, if you were wanting your V2 to be pristine (AFB), wouldn't the vane, neck, & emitter, need to be painted (mostly) black? I say this since the screen-used version was always shown with most of the black paint worn off - - - if that makes any sense. /not knocking your V2, it's a beaut.

I have a V2 blank that I purchased from jd pilot a long time ago. I will eventually paint it & weather it. I've been working on other projects trying to improve my weathering skills before I tackle it.
[snapback]1138295[/snapback]​

Cool. I have to admit I don't know much about the ROTJ sabers (my least favourite OT sabers... maybe that'll change... don't hit me guys)... great thread.

A question - I've seen Luke ROTJ sabers with assymmetrical "grenades" - that is, the "discs" on the top part before the emitter have different dimensions -some thinner, some thicker... hope I'm making any sense here...

So, what's that all about? V.1 or V.2 or something else?

Originally posted by lesternessman@Dec 18 2005, 08:54 PM
I think its called a fillister screw?
[snapback]1138708[/snapback]​

Does anybody know what size was used on the V.2? I need to get some for my saber projects. B)

I just realized I've never taken any pics of mine, so here's a couple quick-n-dirty snaps until I get time to take some proper ones.

It's probably not too terribly accurate, but at least for now it'll do. :)

DSCF0646.jpg

DSCF0649.jpg

DSCF0650.jpg

I bought this from a board member a few years ago. I *think* it's a Yodashouse blank, but I'm not sure. I pretty much stripped it down and rebuilt it from scratch. I'll probably still re-do the weathering one day when I get the chance.

Originally posted by WinstonWolf359@Dec 18 2005, 10:00 PM
I just realized I've never taken any pics of mine, so here's a couple quick-n-dirty snaps until I get time to take some proper ones.

I bought this from a board member a few years ago.  I *think* it's a Yodashouse blank, but I'm not sure.  I pretty much stripped it down and rebuilt it from scratch.  I'll probably still re-do the weathering one day when I get the chance.
[snapback]1138755[/snapback]​

Looks good to me. :)

I have noticed that some people put 'Fillister' screws on there V.2's and others do not. Is there any reason for this?

Originally posted by phase pistol@Dec 18 2005, 09:51 PM
I have only frame grabs in my collection.  :unsure

[snapback]1138745[/snapback]​

Thanks for posting those pics. :p

Some of them I did not have. :confused I do now. :D

I don't have one because I've never gotten around to buying one and putting it on. I've convinced the detail is there, I just haven't done anything about it. By the time I'd drilled holes for the conduit and cone knob I'd had plenty enough drilling into aluminum for that day... :)

Originally posted by WinstonWolf359@Dec 18 2005, 10:18 PM
I don't have one because I've never gotten around to buying one and putting it on.  I've convinced the detail is there, I just haven't done anything about it.  By the time I'd drilled holes for the conduit and cone knob I'd had plenty enough drilling into aluminum for that day...  :)
[snapback]1138769[/snapback]​

I have seen others that do not have it either. The Parts of SW site shows the V.2 with it, so I was just wondering if maybe there were other pics that do not show it. :)

So far, there has been some really nice sabers posted here. I wasn't aware some board memebers had them since this is not the first thread of this sort. Thanks for posting the pics everyone.

Originally posted by lesternessman@Dec 18 2005, 10:33 PM
So far, there has been some really nice sabers posted here. I wasn't aware some board memebers had them since this is not the first thread of this sort. Thanks for posting the pics everyone.
[snapback]1138775[/snapback]​

I just picked up a V.2 saber blank the other day from an interest thread at RS that has now been completed. There may be another order in a few months, because of the continued interest for the V.2. ;)

The V2 shares the same dimensions at the shared stunt, with the exception of the nipple emitter. I have yet to see a blank reflect this. Does anyone have the photo of Alec holding the V2 from ANH?

I've got some half finished blueprints of it if anyone here wanted to do a run of blanks. What would really help is if one of the board members with a cast of the shared stunt/V2 form the original molds would let us know the exact length.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back