Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2015
    Nov 18, 2017, 1:47 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2626

halliwax said: View Post
    Sure does look like a base ball diamond

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eb19b0d9c2.jpg
    Isn't this the only picture where it looks like that? The others make the top look square as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Nov 18, 2017, 1:53 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2627

ggriffaw said: View Post
    Isn't this the only picture where it looks like that? The others make the top look square as far as I can tell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I agree with ya
  3. RPF Premium Member D48thRonin's Avatar
    Nov 18, 2017, 2:49 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2628

Ridire Firean said: View Post
    I definitely see an angle leading off the upper right hand corner where the Mystery Chunk meets the step up to the Pommel Cubes section and it has my thinking that the Mystery Chunk isn't square afterall.
    What you're seeing is the base of the flattened corner facet, just like the upper left hand corner... and just like Roy pointed out with his render (although I'm not so sure they're as round as he has depicted them). So it's not a square with perfect 90 degree sharp corners - the corners are flattened (or slightly rounded, depending upon your point of view).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chunk.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	359.7 KB 
ID:	774287
    From
    Southern California
    Nov 18, 2017, 11:56 PM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2629

The more I see, the more I'm thinking it's nothing more than a small bolt that happened to fit the hole they wanted to fill, and one of the prop guys ground the head down so it wouldn't have that hexagonal shape that would identify it as a bolt.
  5. RPF Premium Member
    Nov 19, 2017, 5:05 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2630

Zombie_61 said: View Post
    The more I see, the more I'm thinking it's nothing more than a small bolt that happened to fit the hole they wanted to fill, and one of the prop guys ground the head down so it wouldn't have that hexagonal shape that would identify it as a bolt.
    I'm 98.76% sure that no one on set would take the time to grind metal off of the sides of a tiny bolt to disguise the fact that it's a bolt.
  6. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    Nov 19, 2017, 5:17 AM - Re: Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber #2631

I'm under the same impression. Last minute touches needed for a prop on set and whoever was handling it had to have grabbed something close by, and of little consequence, to use. It's figuring what would've been available, or most likely to have been, that's trouble.

I still believe it's a stamp of some sort, if it's not a leathercraft tool. The checkering on the surface of the thing I think was meant to leave an impression on or in something. I don't think it was just for contact with a hammer or something.