Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

I love the bends from the perspective of Luke finishing his lightsaber in a hurry from found parts in Obi Wan's hut. This is after all my favorite OT saber. That being said, I will keep mine idealized. Weather and paint is one thing but I can't bring myself to intentionally bend it! Yours looks amazing Kylash!

Yeah, I don't know if I can bring myself to ding up the emitter. It was hard enough shoving a nail through my Vader ANH clamp. The line between accuracy and idealized is a fuzzy one for me.

I just wanted to put a few of the on screen pictures in one post. Booster is much darker during parts of filming. One V3 pic right there in the middle with the silver booster section, but wanted to post it anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_1500.JPG
    IMG_1500.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1506.JPG
    IMG_1506.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1505.JPG
    IMG_1505.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1504.JPG
    IMG_1504.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_1502.PNG
    IMG_1502.PNG
    221 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    691.6 KB · Views: 250
Just watched the "Comic-Con HQ - Pop Culture Quest" Episode 9 hosted by Mark Hamill when he was recently reunited with his old V2 saber from ROTJ by its current owner Brandon Alinger. I could not resist taking this screen shot!! :cool

Untitled-2.jpg

Yeah, I don't know if I can bring myself to ding up the emitter. It was hard enough shoving a nail through my Vader ANH clamp. The line between accuracy and idealized is a fuzzy one for me.

For me, this is what has always made the V2 somewhat problematic. I tend to prefer idealized, but in this case the hero is the idealized version. I have a good hero version in my collection, but the problem with thinking of it as Luke saber is that mark Hamil never used it. In a way the Hero is Lucas's first experiment with special editions: even though it was before initial release it was still one of the first examples of plugging in a a later shot with a cleaned up look.

I'm in on the run that's happening now for the single part V2 and I'm still deciding how far to go with accuracy. The V2 really can't go full idealized, so where's the goal? I think I'll end up near where your posts suggest: acurate as possible paint, but I'm probably not going to ding up my prop.

For me, this is what has always made the V2 somewhat problematic. I tend to prefer idealized, but in this case the hero is the idealized version. I have a good hero version in my collection, but the problem with thinking of it as Luke saber is that mark Hamil never used it. In a way the Hero is Lucas's first experiment with special editions: even though it was before initial release it was still one of the first examples of plugging in a a later shot with a cleaned up look.

I'm in on the run that's happening now for the single part V2 and I'm still deciding how far to go with accuracy. The V2 really can't go full idealized, so where's the goal? I think I'll end up near where your posts suggest: acurate as possible paint, but I'm probably not going to ding up my prop.
Paint it up like the initial Obi Wan Stunt saber, and just knock it around for 20 + years until it looks right.
Don Mac.

There is DEFINITELY some type of brown/copper paint over the black paint visible in the windvane section--in my humble opinion.

One can clearly see the brownish paint , here, with black paint chipping through:

60B01B9A-9F48-4E80-80BA-B0BF61D50772_zpsdh15lb81.jpg

Last edited:

tom i never noticed all the cone knobs before! damn!

attachment.php

i also thought the speed slash scene was the v3 (or shared stunt) but this pic proves that wrong to me! thats defiantly the V2
attachment.php

that i believe is the V2, i noticed the other day while watching RoTJ that you can see how ripply the emitter is while he's walking on the catwalk. whats even funnier, is once he falls, when vader is under there stalking him, vader is holding the V2 in his left hand! makes you wonder what the story was at that time, when luke fell did he drop the V2?

attachment.php

again, i see V3 here, while he's breathing you can see the copper neck, the circuit board also looks different to me in this picture then on the V2. i thought he chucked the V2 at the emperor but recently i looked and paused the bluray and now believe the V3 is thrown at the emperor

Thank you! I saw the Shared Stunt at the end there too (the rings match an ANH stunt) because there was brighter copper and that circuit board looked much bolder! This may be when the nipple was lost, since they had to remove the blade. He fights with the V3

vlcsnap-2017-01-31-18h28m26s228.jpg

I always noticed things like that as a kid! Vader holding lukes V2 when luke technically had it, the fact the V2 looks so different from the hero..

oh and this. Oops.
vlcsnap-2017-01-31-18h03m00s34.jpg

dude!! all these years i never noticed the double Dl-44's!! LOL

yup, i swear thats the V3 fighting vader. think of it this way, its probably faster to keep the dueling blade in the v3 for the fight scenes, and leave the V2 the way it is for the chair, cat walk, vader stalk scene. this way to dont have to under screw the blade. just hand off 2 different props

time is money!

dude!! all these years i never noticed the double Dl-44's!! LOL

yup, i swear thats the V3 fighting vader. think of it this way, its probably faster to keep the dueling blade in the v3 for the fight scenes, and leave the V2 the way it is for the chair, cat walk, vader stalk scene. this way to dont have to under screw the blade. just hand off 2 different props

time is money!

that must mean the only time they had to take a blade out was for the deactivation before tossing it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back