Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

I hate working with cast! You can't modify it. It will break on you so fast. Cast is great if you are only painting, I don't even like drilling it. Larger areas are fine to drill and tap, but small ones are poopers!

Also with this, there is not "that cast" - same here, it depends on the casting material.

Many casts break when hit hard enough, others can be beaten with a hammer without dying.

This vise is cast (i also have some forged steel ones, but this is my "allrounder"), and the flat part behind the grip area is a anvil.

20160927_160220_zpsqrfpfisc.png

I broke a vise once. Landed on my foot. I was trying to pop out some stubborn metal bits from a part. I was using the anvil part and missed.

I was referring to the smaller stuff we use for props. I would rather stay away from moding cast.

I will do everything I can BUT that...

no bending for me! Just can't... heh. It would be different I suppose if I LIKED how the emitter looks bent.

I broke a vise once. Landed on my foot. I was trying to pop out some stubborn metal bits from a part. I was using the anvil part and missed.

I was referring to the smaller stuff we use for props. I would rather stay away from moding cast.

Probably not german made. :D

Off course you can manage to destroy anything, but for example .... look at car rims, they are cast alu. And i´ve seen some with big dents without breaking after hitting something.

It´s not the size, it´s the kind of cast that sets it´s limits.

- - - Updated - - -

I will do everything I can BUT that...

no bending for me! Just can't... heh. It would be different I suppose if I LIKED how the emitter looks bent.

No bending for me.

When it´s been made it didn´t had those, and they were not on purpose, just things that happened over time.

Probably not german made. :D

Off course you can manage to destroy anything, but for example .... look at car rims, they are cast alu. And i´ve seen some with big dents without breaking after hitting something.

It´s not the size, it´s the kind of cast that sets it´s limits.

Lol, my wife destroys all my wheels on the right side of the car. Still can't figure out how she does it! To be fair, I was working on my tuck (forgot what part it was) and it was a mini sledgehammer that broke the vise. Bounced off the part during a strike. My foot was bruised for a week and I was wearing work boots. My father wasn't too pleased because it was an expensive vise used in a semi truck shop. I was a teenager but that was well over 20 years ago.

I'm in Camp "No-Smash", too. I've put it through the ringer but I think @Lichtbringer said it best: it wasn't put there originally, it just happened over time.

Of course, I'm saying this after having used mine as a hammer.:p

EDIT: Related to the V2 somewhat, I had a thought a couple nights ago about the original source of the clamp for the V3/Shared Stunt. I was wondering if the holes in the clamp lined up with the screws on the body of the RotJ Vader MOM Stunt. I was looking at some photos and comparing them and had the idea that it might had the clamp sat a little forward and opposite the "tire valve" button in the eye socket.

I made this very quickly and very sloppily, and by no means with any reference or accuracy, but it does showcase my idea. Can anyone or is anyone willing to try and test this?

V3MoMRef.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in Camp "No-Smash", too. I've put it through the ringer but I think @Lichtbringer said it best: it wasn't put there originally, it just happened over time.

Of course, I'm saying this after having used mine as a hammer.:p

Yes, but that reasoning would also preclude your saber having the beaten and chipped paintjob. The paint wasn't applied that way, but looked like that after many hours of use/abuse. Same with the beaten emitter face.

I think the difference is we've had years to know about, accept, and finally even come to like the beat up paintjob. The emitter looking beat to h-ll...it's new, unfamiliar, disconcerting even.

Give it time. Eventually the bent emitter will seem normal, and the thought of beating up our emitters won't be as distasteful as it seems now...

That's my prediction at least...

The V2 and Shared are the only two sabers to feature into all three movies (even if not on screen), so replicating the beaten paint and appearance is part of giving them the respect they deserve.

Yes, but that reasoning would also preclude your saber having the beaten and chipped paintjob. The paint wasn't applied that way, but looked like that after many hours of use/abuse. Same with the beaten emitter face.

I think the difference is we've had years to know about, accept, and finally even come to like the beat up paintjob. The emitter looking beat to h-ll...it's new, unfamiliar, disconcerting even.

Give it time. Eventually the bent emitter will seem normal, and the thought of beating up our emitters won't be as distasteful as it seems now...

Thats true.

Not interested in that paint job, too. ;)

I would use the original paint pattern, just make it used like a real world item would be. Not the shiny way many call as first build, but also not the rotten thing we are used to see.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back