Sandbagger's Iron-Man builds - Now in STEEL

MISSION REPORT: IRON MAN AT THE SYDNEY KNIFE SHOW 2017

Brilliant day! 0500 departed Canberra, picking up my crew, Shane and James along the way. Met up with an old army mate to pick up the new Iron Man Baz Industries Team T-shirts he so kindly couriered from the CBD for us. Thanks to Zee from Teetalk for printing them for free.

Arrived at the knife show nice and early to set up and get dressed, coordinate with the event organisers and start the show. Lots of kids and adults alike came and got their photos, flooded us with questions and gave generously to the Starlight Children's Foundation. We came back with quite a lot!

Many thanks to my friends Peter and his friend Mark who joined us all the way from the central coast and offered their help. They were a great asset and fun company.

Just shy of three hours in the suit, wandering around between the knife tables and even went for a walk outside amongst the general public arriving for another event at Rosehill gardens racecourse.

Many thanks to the members of the Knife Art Society for making this all happen!

The Knife Art Society donated $500 to the Starlight Children's Foundation. We are blown away! On behalf of all the kids and their families that will benefit from this, THANK YOU!

vY1fWar.jpg

fPtxodL.jpg

DtQqhnT.jpg

cQMKnaK.jpg

aO9t3rB.jpg

aMQRV68.jpg

Proud of you all,SB,and good to hear you had a good time.
The world could use a few more people like you and your mates.

Thanks guys!

I have been working with my good friend Pete on building a website to cover all of my ambitious, outrageous builds so I can house it all under one roof.

So now the new website is up and running. There is a little bit of work to do to refine it's structure as I get to know the front and back end editing, but repetition will soon teach me. Many thanks to Pete for hosting and mentoring me in this new venture.

Take a look, follow along, comment, have fun!

Baz.

http://www.buildsbybaz.com/

WE FINALLY DID IT!!

Last week we had an awesome time at the Canberra hospital in the paediatric ward with the kids! The Starlight captains were so much fun and a tremendous source of entertainment to the kids and my team! I admitted from the outset that they would be doing all the singing and dancing and I was just there to look cool, but we all warmed up and had a blast!

The kids were so brave and it was a heavy hit to the heart to know that some of them were there for the long haul. One of the mums tearfully thanked me so much, I got going on the way out and had to lower my faceplate to discreetly regain my composure.

Starlight Children's Foundation has kindly provided some choice photos from the evening, to feed back to all those of you who supported my team and I through the three year gruelling build of the suit. We can't show you some of the other photos of kids in sensitive condition, but I would like to pass on that they were indeed visited, and I am quite certain it made their day.

On behalf of my team and I, Starlight Children's Foundation and all the kids, THANK YOU SO MUCH all of you who supported, encouraged and helped us get here!

Love you's all!

TEnf48T.jpg

mhRQfAf.jpg

svXU8fm.jpg

9pd4p9Q.jpg

0dlAnxE.jpg

EVarbut.jpg

2f8ncun.jpg

mco5UTf.jpg

FLxnzgB.jpg

TENqqxA.jpg

Looks great , i admire your patience and skills :) Did you thought about trying again to cover camera lens betweenj your eyes with one of these window foils where its mirror on one side and transparent on the inside ? but dont cut it out as circle, it would work better as bigger rectangle shape that covers area between eyes completely.

Looks great , i admire your patience and skills :) Did you thought about trying again to cover camera lens betweenj your eyes with one of these window foils where its mirror on one side and transparent on the inside ? but dont cut it out as circle, it would work better as bigger rectangle shape that covers area between eyes completely.

Thanks mate. :)

No one has mentioned/complained about it except here on the forums. At this stage I am content with the suit, just keeping it functioning with routine maintenance between gigs. I have other projects now, so Iron Man is in, as requested mode.

Baz.

The kids were so brave and it was a heavy hit to the heart to know that some of them were there for the long haul. One of the mums tearfully thanked me so much, I got going on the way out and had to lower my faceplate to discreetly regain my composure.

Baz.

It takes a real man to admit to crying although to be honest I would defy any man not to be visibly moved in a situation like that.

You are a real credit to yourself and your family and the true life definition of a superhero, keep doing what you are doing mate because you are a true inspiration to all of us both through your incredible craftsmanship in your build and what you are doing for so many with the end result..

It takes a real man to admit to crying although to be honest I would defy any man not to be visibly moved in a situation like that.

You are a real credit to yourself and your family and the true life definition of a superhero, keep doing what you are doing mate because you are a true inspiration to all of us both through your incredible craftsmanship in your build and what you are doing for so many with the end result..

Bless ya mate.

..and guess what!? The entire gang here was a part of it. Advice, encouragement, suggestions... it all played a part. So thank you.

Baz.

Well done Sir, well done.
You have not only created a wicked suit, but you have made something that can be used time and time again to make children smile and offer hope in hard times.
I take my hat off to your skills and you big heart. I hope that you will branch out and wear the suit not only in Canberra, but all over Aus. I know you will be well received everywhere you go.
Thank you

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back