The Jason's Primitive, No Money, Life Size Han Solo In Carbonite

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been hesitant to post this because of the incredibly accurate and detailed Han Solo In Carbonite props I have seen on here, but I'm still very proud of mine.

I built mine completely hand made from the ground up except the head. I bought a cast of the head off of eBay. I made the box out of wood. I sculpted the main body and the two boots. For the Hands I made molds of my hands in positions close to the original. The control box on the side are casts of panels I made with a bunch of found objects and then made molds.

I painted it silver thinking that the clear coat would dull it making it look more pewter.... sadly that didn't work the way I hoped.

This doesn't compare with the amazing work I've seen on here. I'm still proud considering that I sculpted and built everything (but the head) from scratch using pictures and screen captures. I'd like to make another one because my wood working skills have vastly improved in the years since this was made.

Take a look and let me know what you think....

Han Solo in carbonite 01.jpg Han Solo in carbonite 03.jpgHan Solo in carbonite 05.jpgHan Solo in carbonite 06.jpgHan Solo in carbonite 04.jpgHan Solo in carbonite 07.jpg

Yes it was posted a long time ago... so long in fact I've reworked it to make it look more accurate. Still a no money build...

Han Solo In Carbonite 2020 Upgrade 1.jpg

Han Solo In Carbonite 2020 Upgrade 3.jpg

Han Solo In Carbonite 2020 Upgrade 8.jpg

amazing! but curiously, you posted this in 2013 and the first replies are today?

That’s my fault! I use Tapatalk on my phone and since a recent update it’s been inserting old posts in the feed of new discussions, I don’t know why.

I can’t believe there no responses back when this was first posted. Still looks great!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back