"Plastic Galaxy", new documentary on Star Wars toys: exclusive sneak peek!

Checked it out... I enjoyed it. Made me want to get the original line up - just for the heck of it.

During my collecting time as a kid, my parents only ever got me the worst characters.

I had 3 Bib Fortunas.

I was lucky my folks got me nearly all the main characters Return of the jedi characters including the 3p0 that came apart (not sure why he came apart in that line unless they reused the Empire molds). I only had 1 vehicle though and that was the B-wing which when you're that small was enormous.

A lot of my toys came from the Empire line... and I hadn't seen that movie, so I had no idea what the characters I had were all about. Why Leia (Bossk) looked like a guy, and why I had a "Jedi Master" who was all tiny and green.

Then I saw Jedi and I liked him less... "He's just an old tiny green man who dies in minutes?!?!"

My friends had LOTS of figures, but always made me play with GONK... which I hated. No arms... was only in Star Wars for a minute.

That said... This last year I bought vintage Yoda and Gonk. They are my only current figures. I love them.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back