Assassins creed BF Hidden Blade

nobodysktr

I am going to be re-creating the hidden blade from the new assassins creed game. Given the fact that it is so slim in the game I don't think it will be perfect but Ill take as close as I can get. My idea is to have the blade be attached to two springs, one on top and one on bottom. These springs would then be attached to the casing at opposite points. This means that while one spring is fully extended the other will be free. when the blade is unlocked the extended spring will contract, thus extending the other spring in the process. Depending on the necessary spring tensions and available size of the springs l am not entirely sure it can be done. I will post a mockup of the system once I get a chance. Any alternative suggestions of methods to do this are welcomed.

Thanks this seems to be the best method for the mechanism.

I have another question hopefully someone can give me some suggestions on how to go about this. I plan to make the blade housing (not the blade itself but everything else) by stacking layers of a material (maybe craft foam?) and then making a silicon mold of it once complete. This will allow me to slush cast a "shell" of the shape which maximizes the available room for the mechanism. This shell will fit onto a bottom plate where the mechanism will be attached. So its sort of like a faceplate.

My question is what is the best medium that I can use to make the initial shape. Craft foam seems easy but not sure if it will take molds well if at all. Any guidance is appreciated.

I saw a video once of a guy that used an old computer tower's removable panel to construct his hidden blade casing. He cut the pieces out and I think JB Welded them together. Seemed solid as a finished product with optimal internal free space. Not sure how well this would cast though.

I saw a video once of a guy that used an old computer tower's removable panel to construct his hidden blade casing. He cut the pieces out and I think JB Welded them together. Seemed solid as a finished product with optimal internal free space. Not sure how well this would cast though.

That would work as the object itself but im sketchy on the looks (as well as my skils) when trying to use metal sheeting.

Anyone know if you even can make a mold of craft foam? Will it warp or come out all rough?

I'm really excited to see someone else doing this build. Yes you can make a mold of craft foam, but it probably wouldn't look really good. I would say the best cheap material to mold would be something like sytrene or expanded pvc. There's a really good template for Ed's blade up on deviant art for free. Also I'm not making any promises, but depending on when you want these blades by, I'm making a 3d model incorporating Ammnra's mechanism and I might get it 3d printed. It could be a while though because this is just a side project.

Also you should have a photo shoot on Alyssa down in Galveston when you're done with the costume :thumbsup

Oh yeah I heard about that, luckily I have a friend with an industrial 3D printer so I won't have any issues with guidlines :devil :lol

Ezio's blade from brotherhood, and Edward's blade.

Also I believe a toy version of the Ed's blade comes out in November if you can wait a really long time but you'll probably have to push the skull down like the NECA version of Ezio's to extend the blade.

I was looking at his kits. They seem okay, but honestly I'm hoping to get an actual blade put in there. Anybody seen anything like that around or would it have to be scratch built?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back