T16 Skyhopper in 1:72

Max Zephyr

I finally have a new project to post here :D Here is a little scratch built T16 Skyhopper I just finished building.

overall2.jpg

More pics can be seen here

Thanks for looking,

Matt

Sweet. That's always been one of my favorites. Do you plan on doing kits?

I did this one about 10 years ago. It was my first scratchbuild.

t-16.jpg

t-162.jpg

Thanks guys :D It was a fun little build.

Awesome hopper Harlock, what scale is that :thumbsup

I'll post up some pics when I get a sample to finish. Thanks again everyone.

Did you guys have some plans on these or did you just make them up as you go? The details on both are so good that they could be MR class:

Great Skyhoppers guys- here is one I scratchbuilt way back in 1982--not as much photo reference back then.. It is hard to see in this picture but it has a full interior with cockpit controls and pilot and co-pilot seats.

Skyhopper.JPG

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauleysolo @ Jan 7 2007, 12:50 AM) [snapback]1392012[/snapback]</div>
Great Skyhoppers guys- here is one I scratchbuilt way back in 1982--not as much photo reference back then.. It is hard to see in this picture but it has a full interior with cockpit controls and pilot and co-pilot seats.

[/b]

Thanks. WOW 82 B) Very nice build. My hats off to you guys that built these before more info became available.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max Zephyr @ Jan 6 2007, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1391795[/snapback]</div>
Thanks guys :D It was a fun little build.

Awesome hopper Harlock, what scale is that :thumbsup

I'll post up some pics when I get a sample to finish. Thanks again everyone.
[/b]

Thanks. It's roughy 1:72. I based the size from a 1:72 pilot from a jet kit I had at the time. All sheet styrene with a cut-up sewing thread spool for the lower intake and exhaust. The windows and black details are all painted on. I'll try to get some newer pics up in the next day or so, showing the rear of it.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back