"Ghostbusters II" Paintings, One Redux, One brand spankin' new, hi res image!

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's been a long year and a half for me; botched projects, overdue runs, cancelled runs, and on and on, and I've finally recovered. I'm getting back into prop making, and am going back to my roots; past projects, unfinished shelf sitters, new builds, and on and on. Pretty much whatever strikes my fancy.

I think we all remember getting together and cranking out the first batch of Vigos way back in 2009, and then subsequently, the second Painting, the Muses. The images weren't the best, but they sure came out great thanks to artists here, like Ramiel, AZSpidey, and a few others. Since its posting, the images have found their way around the net, and have been produced by myself and others over and over again (most of the others were without permission).

Last year, I was given the opportunity to create a replica for an ILMer, and I was pretty stoked about it, and asked if he/she worked at the Presidio offices, and sure enough they did! One shipped prop later, I had new, up close pics of the Vigo painting prop.

They were kind enough to take several photos, and the glares from the previous image are all but gone. Detail upon detail has emerged, and I was able to assemble a gorgeous new image, and even got one printed up for the Ohio Group I'm in to have on display at cons.

I was so happy an inspired by the completion of the new Vigo, I went into full 'redux' mode and have been digitally restoring (with my limited skills) the Muses painting, dragging out better colors section by section, and even bring up some additional detail.

I can go into loads of detail about all the little things now visible, but I'll just let the pics speak for themselves! Check out the side by sides:

41767346851775988010910.jpg

Nice crotch shot showing all the new, excellent detail.
85764946852267321295116.jpg

My new Vigo as he hangs today . . . in my living room :lol
52771547768647896323792.jpg

And the new Vigo during "birth". Ewww . . . :lol
60019047108757628979446.jpg

Muses improvements at a glance
64443347771603562694832.jpg

I hope to sell these down the road, but not right now. So, please, don't bother expressing interest or PMing me about getting one. I just wanted to post these and show them off cause I'm a proud papa.
Enjoy!

NECRO BUMP!!!

I'm having new ones of these printed up for Halloween, and am thinking about doing a run?? Figured I let people know! Look for posted images tonight!

Here's our first printed version of the Muses next to the new updated version when it was about half finished.
Check out the differences!

attachment.php
attachment.php

The newest version of this image will have much more clarity to it, and a lot of new details too. That parts still a secret on how I accomplished it, but it's cool!!

Took a long lunch today and hit the printers! Muses are looking good!! Price points are figured out, and I'll be posting progress pics on mounting, aging, and sliming!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411413622.925251.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411413633.674315.jpg

Last edited:
All mounted and happy! Right now, they're mounted on with duct tape, but when I get more free time this weekend, I'll put on the furniture tacks I like, and start adding the brushstroke clear coat. I'm especially happy that the printer recommended another material that still is canvas, but has a tougher coating so the print is a touch stronger. Better yet, it's less expensive that the canvas I used last time, so, yay! Stay tuned for the interest thread! I hope there's some folk out there that want one!

attachment.php
\
attachment.php
\
attachment.php
\

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back