STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I just watched the finale again and I realized why filoni is brilliant. He has now taken two character that I loathe, and turned them into two of the greatest in star wars lore.

Just like Ashoka, I want to see more of Ezra Bridger.

At this point, star wars is about Luke, Anakin, Ashoka, Ezra and obiwan. And so.much of that is filoni

Han who?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I would have to imagine a box set of the full series is not too far behind.

http://www.yodasnews.com/star-wars-rebels-the-complete-fourth-season-available-on-blu-ray-and-dvd-in-2-days/

STAR WARS REBELS: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON available on Blu-ray™ and DVD in 2 Days!

20188Rebels.png
Star Wars Rebels: The Complete Fourth Season delivers all 15 action-packed episodes of the hit CG animated series’ final season, plus exclusive, never-before-seen bonus extras on Blu-ray™!
Available July 31, Star Wars Rebels: The Complete Fourth Season features some of the most critically-acclaimed Star Wars storytelling to date, with compelling characters, harrowing conflicts and astounding space battles. Old friends are reunited and new alliances are forged as Star Wars Rebels builds to an epic conclusion, drawing connections to the entire Star Wars saga.
Star Wars Rebels was created by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Simon Kinberg (“X-Men: Days of Future Past”), and Carrie Beck (“LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures”). The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni and Kinberg.
The season four voice cast includes Taylor Gray as Ezra, Vanessa Marshall as Hera, Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan, Tiya Sircar as Sabine, Steve Blum as Zeb, Dee Bradley Baker as Rex, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as Pryce, David Oyelowo as Kallus and Lars Mikkelsen as Thrawn.
Bonus Extras:
Blu-ray:

• Six Audio Commentaries
Featuring Dave Filoni (Executive Producer)

• Ghosts of Legend
As paths come together, we explore the journey of the Ghost crew with some of the talented people who brought them to life.

• Force of Rebellion
Executive Producer Dave Filoni shares insights into the Force and its importance across the Star Wars saga.

• Kevin Kiner: The Rebel Symphony
Go behind the scenes with composer Kevin Kiner to discover what inspired some of the most iconic music in the series.

• Rebels Recon
Go behind the scenes with the cast and crew in 8 entertaining and information-packed episode recaps!
DVD:

• Rebels Recon
Go behind the scenes with the cast and crew in 8 entertaining and information-packed episode recaps!
Disc Specifications:
Release Date: July 31, 2018

Format: Blu-ray (2-Disc) & DVD (3-Disc)
Rating: US: TVY7-FV, Bonus Material Not Rated CE: PG, CF: G (Bonus Material Not Rated
Run Time: Approximately 353 minutes
Closed Captioned: Yes
Aspect Ratio: 1:78:1 (Widescreen)
Audio: English & French 5.1 Dolby Digital, Spanish 2.0 Dolby Digital
Languages/ Subtitles: English, French, & Spanish

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.cinemablend.com/televis...-rebels-didnt-show-the-death-star-in-season-4

Why Star Wars Rebels Didn't Show The Death Star In Season 4
BY LAURA HURLEY

Throughout its four seasons on the air, Star Wars Rebels moved closer and closer toward the timeline of the original Star Wars trilogy, with characters ranging from Lando Calrissian to Princess Leia herself making appearances. Naturally, given that the fourth and final season would take the rebels closer than ever to the beginning of Rogue One and A New Hope, many fans wondered if the Death Star would make an appearance. Director Krennic got a name drop in Season 4, as did his "Stardust" project. Nevertheless, the Death Star never appeared, and showrunner Dave Filoni has revealed why the iconic space station remain off-screen on Rebels, saying this:

At different times in Rebels in Season 4, there was a moment where even Krennic would appear in the series, where the Death Star appeared in the series, but because our show isn't ultimately about either Krennic or the Death Star, I decided to cut those ideas from visibly showing up. I don't want to confuse the audience. I know a lot of people would know exactly how they fit. It just seemed distracting to talk about something that wasn't the primary focus of the show. It'd be distracting to bring the Death Star into it or this character Krennic. Why would we bring him in if he's not going to play a major role in this series? So I tried to avoid that yet get the idea that Thrawn is competing with how we're going to fight the rebels.

The original Death Star may be at the center of two Star Wars movies, but Rebelswasn't spending four seasons building up to the reveal of the Death Star. Rebelswas about the band of rebels primarily fighting villains and threats that weren't showcased in the movies. Sure, we got Darth Vader and the Emperor and Tarkin, and Saw Gerrera's appearances teased the fact that the Empire was working on a weapon so devastating and secret that the population of Geonosis was wiped out after constructing portions of it. Still, Rebels wasn't about the Death Star or the biggest names from the movies, and so the Death Star and Krennic remained off-screen until the action of Rogue One.

Dave Filoni revealed prior to Season 4's premiere that Star Wars Rebels would not end at the Battle of Scarif despite the fact that the Ghost was part of the fighting above the planet, so his explanation in the episode commentary for "Jedi Knight" on the Star Wars Rebels Blu-ray of why the Death Star wasn't on the show isn't all that shocking. Would the end of Rebels have been nearly as impactful as it was if it had simply recreated what franchise fans had already seen on the big screen? While tying in to the next installment in the saga worked for Rogue One (slightly dodgy CGI aside), it may not have worked for the end of a series that ran for four seasons and 75 episodes.

Hey, at least Rebels didn't end on the reveal that the surviving members of the Ghost crew had decided to take a vacation on Alderaan in the finale! Although that would have answered the question of where these rebels were during the original trilogy, it would have ended the series on an even darker note than it did. Kanan's death and Ezra's disappearance were dark enough.

Unfortunately, the end of Rebels may be the last time we get to see these characters together. It stands to reason that Hera at least could pop up in the upcoming Star Wars Resistance, perhaps with Jacen in tow, and I know I'd be on board to see what happens next with Sabine and Ahsoka's mission to find Ezra after the events of Return of the Jedi. This could be covered in a book or comic, however. It remains to be seen if and how we'll get some answers. The good news is that the future is looking good for Star Wars TV. On top of Resistance, we have The Clone Wars coming back and a live-action project in the works. We may have lost Rebels, but the end of Rebels wasn't the end of the galaxy far, far away on the small screen.

For more details on Star Wars Rebels, check out the Season 4 Blu-ray on sale now. For some viewing options now and in the not-too-distant future, swing by our summer TV guide and fall premiere schedule.

I can’t get the damn link to work... any lightsaber pictures? Or chopper plans?

There is not any info about what actual content will be. Here is the story...

Star Wars Returns to Dark Horse

Posted by Jude Terror February 11, 2019 4 Comments

For years, Dark Horse was the comic book home of Star Wars, until, in 2014, Disney relocated the license for its recently-acquired space franchise to its less recently-acquired comic book publisher, Marvel. Since then, however, we’ve seen Disney give the license to make comics based on Disney properties to other publishers, including IDW’s all-ages Star Wars line, IDW’s all-ages Marvel line, and various adaptations and graphic novel companions to Disney movie franchises to Dark Horse. And now, Star Wars will return to Dark Horse as well, taking advantage of an area Dark Horse has had a lot of practice in recently with an official art book for Star Wars Rebels.

Check out the press release for The Art of Star Wars Rebels, set to his stores on October 1st and retailing for $39.99.

Dark Horse Books and Lucasfilm proudly present the official look inside one of the galaxy’s most beloved shows in The Art of Star Wars Rebels. The Art of Star Wars Rebels is an incredible hardcover amassing art and creator commentary chronicling four seasons of adventure in a galaxy far, far away.

The award-winning team from Lucasfilm Animation brought the beloved occupants of the Ghost into our homes four years ago, now, take a step behind-the-scenes to witness the journey from paper to screen with The Art of Star Wars Rebels. Featuring never-before-seen concept art and process pieces along with exclusive commentary from the team behind the show as well as show creators Dave Filoni, Simon Kinberg, and Carrie Beck provided by writer Dan Wallace, this is the perfect addition to any Star Wars fan’s collection!

The Art of Star Wars Rebels follows a tight-knit group of rebels in the early days of the rebellion banded together against all odds to do their part in the larger mission of defeating the Galactic Empire, sparking hope across the galaxy. The Art of Star Wars Rebels goes on sale October 1, 2019, and retails for $39.99. This beautiful hardcover is available for pre-order on Amazon and at your local comic shop.

ArtOfStarWarsRebels-600x796.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back