STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

So in the Mine Crawlers episode, why didn't they just cut through the door with a light saber?

They seem to have no problem slicing AT-AT foots in half like they are butter, but no one think to open the door with it?

My usual answer to "why didn't they just..." is poor writing. That, or like previously mentioned, magnetic locks are somehow stronger than a light saber that can cut through a bank vault door. Which seems like poor writing too.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

My usual answer to "why didn't they just..." is poor writing. That, or like previously mentioned, magnetic locks are somehow stronger than a light saber that can cut through a bank vault door. Which seems like poor writing too.
I'd bet the writers would explain it by saying the magnetic fields used for those locks somehow disrupt or interfere with the lighsabers' projected blades making them less effective or completely ineffective. :rolleyes

See, that, I buy. It also explains why Luke couldn’t cut his way out of the garbage compactor.

OTOH, why didn’t Kanan just use the Force to open the door? There’s a lot of precedent for that...

All-in-all, not a bad mid-season finale. Not loving whatever the Lol-wolves (that typo is intentional) are; hoping they're connected to the Bendu is some way.

And is it me, or is Hera getting to be a bit of a Mary Sue? Those hand-to-hand combat skills seem to have come out of nowhere.

May be its me but it wasn't a very good interpretation of Ruhk. He just looked like some generic unidentified alien lacking in any stealth, cunning or skill. Not the silent assassin TZ created.

The beginning of the episode was pretty awesome. Brought back the nostalgia of the trench run. In fact, I wondered if they actually used some shots of the trench run as guides.

A few shots looked almost like scenes from a new hope with new CGI skins. Especially the side shots of the x-wing blowing up

The empire actually felt like a credible threat

Of course it devolved into utter incompetent Stormtroopers by the end.

The worst being when Hera basically slaps a guy in a helmet, and he is knocked out?

I'm loving the new season. Feeling some apprehension about what is coming next!

DOOM

Regarding ships, in the new thrawn book, Thrawn speaks with the Emperor that the Empire is moving away from mobile groups of attack craft (like Star Destroyers) to large weapons and the Emperor says once they have the DS they won't need ships any more. Also in that book the main metal for ship building is being sucked away by the DS project.

Hera was always a bad ass. In Rebels they may focus more on her piloting but she was an agent way before this show. If you read A New Dawn you'll get some of that.

The worst being when Hera basically slaps a guy in a helmet, and he is knocked out?

That looked like a foot to me.

Regarding ships, in the new thrawn book, Thrawn speaks with the Emperor that the Empire is moving away from mobile groups of attack craft (like Star Destroyers) to large weapons and the Emperor says once they have the DS they won't need ships any more.

That's surprising. That's terrible strategy. The DS can only be in one place at a time.

But maybe that's the point, that the Emperor is too wrapped up in the DS. Does the text indicate Thrawn's opinion?

has it been confirmed anywhere that the wolf is saying "Doom" or is he saying "Dune" as in celeb dune, kanan's birth name

has it been confirmed anywhere that the wolf is saying "Doom" or is he saying "Dune" as in celeb dune, kanan's birth name
It was confirmed just a couple episodes ago in "Kindred" where after the wolves save the team one of them says "Dume" to Kanan. Ezra asks what it means and Kanan reveals to him that it's his real name, Caleb Dume.

Unfortunately, closed captioners often are not given scripts, and can only type what they hear. (interestingly, sometimes the opposite happens... I've seen CC that are obviously based on the shooting script, because they have lines that aren't in the final product)

I think it has a double meaning.

But maybe that's the point, that the Emperor is too wrapped up in the DS. Does the text indicate Thrawn's opinion?

Thrawn is 100% that mobile fleets are the way to go. The emperor says it in the book plus we know through ANH that they think the DS will keep everyone so afraid their planet will get destroyed there will be no more resistance.

It was confirmed just a couple episodes ago in "Kindred" where after the wolves save the team one of them says "Dume" to Kanan. Ezra asks what it means and Kanan reveals to him that it's his real name, Caleb Dume.

Thanks buddy! My cable is screwed up, once we figure it out I’m going to go back and see if I watched kindred. I somehow don’t remember that part

Appreciate it!

In the entire run of this show has Hera EVER removed her headgear? Even with the X-wing helmet she still had something on underneath.

Also, was that the first time we've ever seen an X-wing actually close it's wings?

Well, we've never seen a female Twilek without headgear in the films, so at least that's consistent. Have we ever seen her going night night? One would think at least THEN....

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back