STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

No I think that signifies the actual Triangle doorway we see her entering.

Vader was the doorway that led her there. In one of the other cards, she was in the space where his mask was split over the eye.

Once you take all the cards into consideration, it's clear that Vader's presence is there.

Is anyone else underwhelmed with this show in general? The whole Mandalorian arc just doesn't hold my interest what so ever. Same thing happened when the focused on the Mandalorians in the Clone Wars series.

Im not terribly upset that its ending to be honest.

Is anyone else underwhelmed with this show in general? The whole Mandalorian arc just doesn't hold my interest what so ever. Same thing happened when the focused on the Mandalorians in the Clone Wars series.

Im not terribly upset that its ending to be honest.

clone wars held my interest.

it's weird that this show, done by the same guys, in what should be a more interesting time period, just doesn't.

i think alot of it has to do with the disney effect.

it's weird that this show, done by the same guys, in what should be a more interesting time period, just doesn't.

They have an incredibly different approach to this show.

The clone wars was all about expanding the legend of the time. (I love that they took characters who had brief appearances in the movies and made them main character's)

But rebels is working like a funnel, moving us forward into one definitely moment (rogue one)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

To just add to what astroboy just said. This is what is wrong with Clone Wars, Rebels and even the prequels. You can only tell so much of a story or move it in so many directions because we already know the end point. I think this is what was really wrong with the prequels they tried to be light and happy and yet we all knew that cute 8 year old boy would become the biggest killer in the galaxy. I think that is why ROTS was a fairly decent movie because it had a darker tone. Imagine how good the prequels could have been if they had a little more for-boding or had been a little darker then bam you hit us with ANH.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the majority of people in this thread enjoy the show since they have been following it and this thread the last few years.

I definitely don't agree that the show is bad because we know the end point. When you watch a mystery you usually always know that someone died, bank was robbed, etc etc at the beginning. The show is the how and why and Rebels does a great job of that.

They have an incredibly different approach to this show.

The clone wars was all about expanding the legend of the time. (I love that they took characters who had brief appearances in the movies and made them main character's)

But rebels is working like a funnel, moving us forward into one definitely moment (rogue one)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I dunno...

we all knew what was going to happen in clone wars.

difference was, for whatever reason, i got involved more with that series.
I hated how they started to turn anakin evil in the last season, cause i got used to and enjoyed the GOOD Anakin, far more than anything hayden christiansan ever did.

When ezra turned evil for a few minutes, it just felt hallow somehow. another season later, and you forget it even happened at all.
The entirety of rebels just seems like 'this'll make a cool star wars moment, lets do this story'...and not much deeper or more than that.

The PT was all about Anakin's fall to the dark side which occurred in the time of the Clone Wars. A conflict that was alluded to in the OT and we wanted to know more. TCW became the vehicle to give us what we wanted, expanding all that was good about the prequels and changing/improving wherever it could. Anakin became likeable and his relationship with Obi Wan became the brotherly friendship that old Ben talked about.
Rebels, much like the anthology movies is just filling in gaps where there was nothing going on of interest. Since I was a kid, I've always wondered about the clone wars and all the other Jedi (more so than Vader's beginnings), never cared how the DS plans were stolen or how the rebellion was formed.

.................and Han Solo never existed before the cantina!

while I'm double posting, I'll just add that TCW was visually stunning. Who hasn't watched it and just paused on some of the beautiful artistry?

Rebels isn't done 'by the same guys', alas. Not even close.

unless filoni went with george and stuck on as a figure head.....would seem like the same people to me. or perhaps, let me better rephrase, one of the same guys.. :)

looks like they are having a rebels marathon today. it got me thinking. the rumor is the d23 convention is going to have the last jedi trailer. think we will get a rebels trailer as well? or is that too much star wars for them?

anyone hear rumors of a more detailed rebels trailer airing soon?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back