STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I really wish we'd start getting real atst's. For some reason, when ever those ones drop in, they look like something from toy story.

But truthfully, those were two pretty great episodes. (Other than the bait and switch). It felt a lot more clone wars than it normally does, which is a good thing. It felt like a larger story. Not just the weekly adventures of everyone's favorite space family

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Well, that was a big 'meh' for me... I love Mandos (i mean, just look at my pic lol) so I loved the bits of lore they shoved in, but most of the episode was just meh. The dialogue seems to have taken an even farther dive and was probably my biggest problem. VERY simplistic even for a kids show in my opinion. The story was ok, if not a bit rushed. How long is each episode actually? 17 minutes? Maybe? There are a TON of commercials...
the end bit was good, overlooking that he allowed her to fiddle with the thing durring the battle instead of capturing her and taking her back, etc. But I did like how he captured them, fairly clever.
The action was... okay... my main problem with it though, and it has always been a problem with this show but has steadily gotten worse, is that I dont think I saw one person bite it on screen. Not once did I see a blaster hit, as far as I could tell they got shot off screen then fell, and the only thing the lightsabers cut in half were blasters. Is it a requirement to see people get shot and sliced and diced? No, I guess not, but it makes the action less believeable in my mind if you dont at least a little.
I really hope the season improves. But the one major plus, and astroboy pointed this out too, is that this felt like part of a bigger story, one might say story arc *cough*clonewars*cough*, instead of a one off that has very little tangible bearing on the rest of the story. I hope for more of that! Oh, and less ads lol

Since season 1 when I would watch it on demand the commercials would be erased. It would still go to commercial but then would say “now back to the show” so maybe it took up 2-3 seconds.

The status bar on the bottom would show the show is 21 minutes long. That’s with the credits though

I can’t really say I noticed more commercials this episode

Maybe we are being mind played because it was 2 episodes back to back

My only problem and it’s not so much a big one is

Kanan is my favorite character, when he was blinded I figured his role was going to change more into a influence figure for Ezra. He was going to sit back and send Ezra out on missions

With him being blind I just don’t like him flipping around, jumping ship to ship.. and especially driving the speeder bikes it just Erks me..

If ur not going to limit him to anything with his blindness why have maul blind him to begin with?!

Kinda really wished they never blinded him to begin with...

I can’t complain because ever season i have a few episodes that really don’t do it for me, then I have episodes everyone else dislikes but I really enjoyed. It’s just gotta be me, ima weirdo or something lol

But Kanan’s blindness and having no limitations really erks me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a bit of the naked gun vibe from the end.

When they don't kill the stormtroopers because its the wrong thing to do, then just leave them all knocked out on a star destroyer thats about to explode.

I did like the homage (speculating) to Indiana Jones's Truck and Tank chases.

Hey... I was right. :)

Screen Shot 2017-10-17 at 5.14.32 PM.png

...My only problem and it’s not so much a big one is

Kanan is my favorite character, when he was blinded I figured his role was going to change more into a influence figure for Ezra. He was going to sit back and send Ezra out on missions. With him being blind I just don’t like him flipping around, jumping ship to ship.. and especially driving the speeder bikes it just Erks me. If ur not going to limit him to anything with his blindness why have maul blind him to begin with?! Kinda really wished they never blinded him to begin with...
I was thinking the same thing after watching these two episodes. They had previously shown him having the occasional difficulty dealing with his blindness--minor difficulties, admittedly--but now it seems the only reason they blinded him was to give him that "cool" mask to wear. :rolleyes

That said, these were two episodes full of dumb. I know the show's target audience is mostly kids, but most kids are smart enough to figure out the flaws in this story. "The Empire has a new weapon to use against Mandalorians. We have to destroy the prototype and erase the records from the computer core." What, like the Empire wouldn't have back-up copies of those plans? And why would Sabine create a weapon that targets only her own people in the first place? Dumb. 44 minutes of wasted action just so she could give the Dark Saber to Princess Redhead. :facepalm

I was thinking the same thing after watching these two episodes. They had previously shown him having the occasional difficulty dealing with his blindness--minor difficulties, admittedly--but now it seems the only reason they blinded him was to give him that "cool" mask to wear. :rolleyes

His initial difficulties were due to that after the injury, Kanan had isolated himself from his friends but also from the Force. It was the Bendu who helped him regain his connection to the Force.

I got a bit of the naked gun vibe from the end.

When they don't kill the stormtroopers because its the wrong thing to do, then just leave them all knocked out on a star destroyer thats about to explode.

It's not wrong kill stormtroopers, it in the way that you do it.
Mandalore Reasoning:
Killing using a weapon that targets armor = BAD
Killing via exploding Star Destroyer in battle = GOOD

It's not wrong kill stormtroopers, it in the way that you do it.
Mandalore Reasoning:
Killing using a weapon that targets armor = BAD
Killing via exploding Star Destroyer in battle = GOOD
I think it was the genocide aspect of the weapon that the mandalorians opposed. They seem to care a lot about honour

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

His initial difficulties were due to that after the injury, Kanan had isolated himself from his friends but also from the Force. It was the Bendu who helped him regain his connection to the Force.
I'll take your word for it; I've become so disinterested in the show that I don't remember that happening. At this point I'm only watching to see how they're going to wrap it up.

"The Empire has a new weapon to use against Mandalorians. We have to destroy the prototype and erase the records from the computer core." What, like the Empire wouldn't have back-up copies of those plans?

Well we do see the ghost above the empire's archive planet in rogue one, maybe now we know why it was there.

The action was... okay... my main problem with it though, and it has always been a problem with this show but has steadily gotten worse, is that I dont think I saw one person bite it on screen. Not once did I see a blaster hit, as far as I could tell they got shot off screen then fell, and the only thing the lightsabers cut in half were blasters. Is it a requirement to see people get shot and sliced and diced? No, I guess not, but it makes the action less believeable in my mind if you dont at least a little.

While they did show a few stormtroopers being felled by blaster fire, the action did stray pretty far into GI Joe territory.
Like, for all their awesomeness as warriors and their cool flying around, why couldn't the Mandalorians actually hit anything? The whole convoy chase was them buzzing around, John Woo dual fisted pew-pew, but none of the shots connected? After seeing Death Watch & Maul's crew in action in CW, this was a bit of a let down. OTOH, they seemed about as effective as Jango did.

And when Sabine went all rage, she flew up toward a JumpTrooper, Darksaber ignited; then grabs him, forces him to the ground & cuts his rifle in half... ?

While they did show a few stormtroopers being felled by blaster fire, the action did stray pretty far into GI Joe territory.
Like, for all their awesomeness as warriors and their cool flying around, why couldn't the Mandalorians actually hit anything? The whole convoy chase was them buzzing around, John Woo dual fisted pew-pew, but none of the shots connected? After seeing Death Watch & Maul's crew in action in CW, this was a bit of a let down. OTOH, they seemed about as effective as Jango did.

And when Sabine went all rage, she flew up toward a JumpTrooper, Darksaber ignited; then grabs him, forces him to the ground & cuts his rifle in half... ?

For the most part, they just don't focus on the killing if they don't have to. The leave it up to the audience's imagination. They tend to cut away. Like when Kanan went into the transport. He started swinging and the next thing you saw was bodies fly out. We're they dead, were the others inside? I think you have to come to the conclusion that they were. They did the same thing on the Star Destroyer when all the troopers surrounded Kanan, he made a remark, and they cut to another scene. They also did a scene were they threw a grenade into a trench near Stormtroopers, they cut to a shot showing the explosion from far away. Remember that they did show Mandalore Warriors being burned arrive inside their armor so when they feel that it is warranted, they will show it.

So just because you don't see limbs flying off, or stabbing, or wounds, does not mean there is not those being killed in battle.

Last edited:
Ezra's suggestion they just change their armor was quite reasonable and the answer he got was stupid beyond belief.

Okay so they're heirlooms. They weren't when they were made, were they? The person who first wore Sabine's armor 500 years ago---would you consider him not to qualify as a Mandalorian because his armor had no legacy? Do you think the maker wanted his descendants to be endangered rather than protected by it?

Of course not.

Idiotic.

(Yes, I know it was one of those "then there would be no episode" things. Still.)

Ezra's suggestion they just change their armor was quite reasonable and the answer he got was stupid beyond belief.

Okay so they're heirlooms. They weren't when they were made, were they? The person who first wore Sabine's armor 500 years ago---would you consider him not to qualify as a Mandalorian because his armor had no legacy? Do you think the maker wanted his descendants to be endangered rather than protected by it?

Of course not.

Idiotic.

(Yes, I know it was one of those "then there would be no episode" things. Still.)

Really?

I mean...

Really?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back