STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Oh you're correct. I forgot about the time gap. As for the name, it could have been explained away as adopted by... I also forgot about Satines sister... well, we'll find out next year I hope.

I recently watched a video that discussed whether or not Star Destroyers can destroy planets and in the comments section someone mentioned how he was annoyed that all we ever saw of the Imperial fleet in the movies were Star Destroyers. This led me to think about Rebels and how we've seen 2 classes of light cruisers, the Interdictor (prototype), and that carrier which brings up the question, have we seen the cruisers that Han was referencing in ANH when he's trying to sell Obi-Wan and Luke on the merits of the Falcon? We all know, and often reference, how Han mentions how fast he's been able to do the Kessel Run but we often forget, or overlook, that he also mentions outrunning Imperial cruisers, not the big slow ones but the (much) faster Corellian ones is how I think he describes it. So, are the big slow ones Star Destroyers and if so, are the faster one either the Gozanti or Arquitens or are they, or the carrier, the slow ones and the Star Destroyers the fast ones?

The old EU tried to fix the Corellian ship thing by saying that Star Destroyers were made at lots of shipyards and the faster ones came from Corellian shipyards.

I think you just have to imagine that both sides have ships we haven't seen on screen. Like has been said about the fighters, we didn't see Mon Cal cruisers until ROTJ, but that doesn't mean they didn't always have them. Of course I imagine that after they destroyed the first Death Star a lot of planets joined overtly or covertly with troops, ships, supplies, etc.

The old EU tried to fix the Corellian ship thing by saying that Star Destroyers were made at lots of shipyards and the faster ones came from Corellian shipyards.

I think you just have to imagine that both sides have ships we haven't seen on screen. Like has been said about the fighters, we didn't see Mon Cal cruisers until ROTJ, but that doesn't mean they didn't always have them. Of course I imagine that after they destroyed the first Death Star a lot of planets joined overtly or covertly with troops, ships, supplies, etc.

So you don't think that it's either the Light Cruiser or the Gozanti that Han was referring to in relation either each other or a Star Destroyer? According to Wookipedia the Light Cruiser, the baby Star Destroyer looking ship, is supposed to be fast and maneuverable, could these be the Corellian cruisers that Han was referring to as being faster than some other Imperial ship, possibly the Gozanti, the carrier, or even a Star Destroyer?

So you don't think that it's either the Light Cruiser or the Gozanti that Han was referring to in relation either each other or a Star Destroyer? According to Wookipedia the Light Cruiser, the baby Star Destroyer looking ship, is supposed to be fast and maneuverable, could these be the Corellian cruisers that Han was referring to as being faster than some other Imperial ship, possibly the Gozanti, the carrier, or even a Star Destroyer?

The Artiquens does have an engine layout very much like the Republic Cruiser from Ep1. Visually it looks like it's supposed to be a cross between the Republic Cruiser & the Acclamator Transport from Ep2, to bolster the Republic to Empire visual transition.

Out of curiosity, when does Thrawn show up in the EU? Was it before ANH like it is in rebels?

And the darksaber...is it also from the EU? (I know that it's featured in TCW)

Out of curiosity, when does Thrawn show up in the EU? Was it before ANH like it is in rebels?

The first official appearance of Thrawn was after Jedi was in the Heir to the Empire novel by Timothy Zahn but in the novel he was supposed to have been around before that, just like in Rebels. The only difference being that in the novel he was supposed to have been assigned to the outer fringes of the Empire in order to explain why he wasn't involved in the OT.

Ah, but also in the novels, it established that he was active in the shortly-pre-ANH period before the Emperor sent him on that mission out into the Unknown Regions.

As for ship types, Han's line was "I've outrun Imperial ships -- and not the local bulk cruisers, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships." Later, as they're leaving Tatooine, he identifies the Star Destroyers moving to intercept as "Imperial cuisers". So the "local bulk cruisers" are likely Gozantis. They're described more specifically as armed transports that can operate as light cruisers -- pretty much what a bulk cruiser is. A third-tier warship for patrolling low-risk areas.

--Jonah

we have only known of the darksaber on filonis clone wars series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, but also in the novels, it established that he was active in the shortly-pre-ANH period before the Emperor sent him on that mission out into the Unknown Regions.

As for ship types, Han's line was "I've outrun Imperial ships -- and not the local bulk cruisers, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships." Later, as they're leaving Tatooine, he identifies the Star Destroyers moving to intercept as "Imperial cuisers". So the "local bulk cruisers" are likely Gozantis. They're described more specifically as armed transports that can operate as light cruisers -- pretty much what a bulk cruiser is. A third-tier warship for patrolling low-risk areas.

--Jonah

That works for me. I wonder if we'll see that happen in the proposed Solo movie. I really like the look of the Gozantis and it would be nice to actually see them on film and not just on Rebels.

Riceball said:
I really like the look of the Gozantis and it would be nice to actually see them on film and not just on Rebels.

Like this?:

Gozanti_cruiser-TPM.png

I don't know if it was ever in a novel, but it was implied Thrawn had been brought back to Coruscant to meet the Emperor after he took out Outbound Flight. I'm wondering if Thrawn going into the Unknown Regions will still be a thing because it could help tie the First Order to the Empire. The FO apparently was built out of Imperials who retreated and regrouped in the Unknown Regions. Thrawn could have been exploring and mapping it like in the old EU.

I don't know if it was ever in a novel, but it was implied Thrawn had been brought back to Coruscant to meet the Emperor after he took out Outbound Flight. I'm wondering if Thrawn going into the Unknown Regions will still be a thing because it could help tie the First Order to the Empire. The FO apparently was built out of Imperials who retreated and regrouped in the Unknown Regions. Thrawn could have been exploring and mapping it like in the old EU.

i really hope that is the case! :thumbsup

staying away from the grumps in the R1 thread for a bit..

How does Darth sound there, compared to how he sounded in Rebels?

In Rebels, it sounded a tad off....either different processing, or something....but it didn't sound quite right.

In Rebels, it sounded a tad off....either different processing, or something....but it didn't sound quite right.

I'd imagine a lot of it is due to the fact James Earl Jones is now 85 and his voice has changed due to age. The sound studio he used might have something to do with it, but I'd guess it's just the fact his voice is different from what it was previously.

Last edited:
staying away from the grumps in the R1 thread for a bit..

How does Darth sound there, compared to how he sounded in Rebels?

to me vader voice sounds some much different in "twilight of the apprentice" idk why... also i forgot what episode but it is in one of the trailers vader says a line like
" it will be their undoing" it sounded so off to me... i actually thought they didn't have JEJ's doing the voice at first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back