STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Hmmm.. No Rebel Recon posted yet.

- - - Updated - - -

i honestly was expecting more, and its not because im a huge maul and dark saber fan. but i felt like this episode is just a reboot of the episode of them joining the holocrons... so they joined the holocrons and they got some info... now they joined minds again to get a little more info... i dont see why they could have just fused the holocrons and gotten the answer the first time... i get maul finding the base gives him leverage...

idk.. i was expecting more

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DdvEeemqPI

- - - Updated - - -

i honestly was expecting more, and its not because im a huge maul and dark saber fan. but i felt like this episode is just a reboot of the episode of them joining the holocrons... so they joined the holocrons and they got some info... now they joined minds again to get a little more info... i dont see why they could have just fused the holocrons and gotten the answer the first time... i get maul finding the base gives him leverage...

idk.. i was expecting more

Maybe an important purpose of the episode was for Sabine to get the Dark Saber in order to set up another big story.

Fairly good episode. I really hope we get a maul/Kenobi showdown by the end. (And I would LOVE to see Kenobi meet up with Hondo. Those guys need to move in together.

However, I'm now realizing that Leia must have known of Kenobi 's whereabouts. Why else would the tantive 4 have been there?

I always assumed that it was dumb luck, but obviously not.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fairly good episode. I really hope we get a maul/Kenobi showdown by the end. (And I would LOVE to see Kenobi meet up with Hondo. Those guys need to move in together.

However, I'm now realizing that Leia must have known of Kenobi 's whereabouts. Why else would the tantive 4 have been there?

Yeah. I think it would make a great Rebels Series finale to end it with maul and kenobi. Maybe have Kanan die off protecting ezra, and ezra deciding it's safer to join hondo than continue jedi training.

I don't know what i thought about leia at the time.. but now it seems obvious she knew since she sent out R2 to find him. or at least knew what planet he was on..if not exactly WHERE he was...

I don't know what i thought about leia at the time.. but now it seems obvious she knew since she sent out R2 to find him. or at least knew what planet he was on..if not exactly WHERE he was...

I thought it was always obvious that Leia knew Obi Wan was on Tatooine. The question really is when she knew. IMHO, at some point her father must have had a conversation that started something like this: "If you ever get in trouble, there is someone I know and trust..." But did she know early on or did he keep that information secret till just before her mission? Maybe he felt that this mission was so dangerous, she might need a that information.

I would speculate that once Leia knew they were would not be able to escape the Star Destroyer and realized that she could make it to Tatooine, she altered her plans to lead to the events of A New Hope,

Yeah. I think it would make a great Rebels Series finale to end it with maul and kenobi. Maybe have Kanan die off protecting ezra, and ezra deciding it's safer to join hondo than continue jedi training.

The fact is, the tantive 4 had come out of hyperspace around tatooine, it would make sense that was on her way to alderaan, but had to divert to tatooine because of the imperial attack

I thought it was always obvious that Leia knew Obi Wan was on Tatooine. The question really is when she knew. IMHO, at some point her father must have had a conversation that started something like this: "If you ever get in trouble, there is someone I know and trust..." But did she know early on or did he keep that information secret till just before her mission? Maybe he felt that this mission was so dangerous, she might need a that information.

I would speculate that once Leia knew they were would not be able to escape the Star Destroyer and realized that she could make it to Tatooine, she altered her plans to lead to the events of A New Hope,

i agree MJF, after RoTS i figured Bail knew of Obi wan's location. and gave his daughter the whereabouts, only to seek out kenobi as a last ditch effort, all else fails. kind kenobi

- - - Updated - - -

i am curious to see now with ezra and kanan knowing kenobi's location, if THATS how leia finds out where he is. and bail kept kenobi's location top secret.

i agree MJF, after RoTS i figured Bail knew of Obi wan's location. and gave his daughter the whereabouts, only to seek out kenobi as a last ditch effort, all else fails. kind kenobi

I think you also have to consider that sort of secret is a very dangerous thing to know. Especially information that like that and being exposed to the Emperor in the senate. Bail might know that Leia could in danger if she knew it. However under the right circumstances he may tell her, but only when it felt it was the right time.

i am curious to see now with ezra and kanan knowing kenobi's location, if THATS how leia finds out where he is. and bail kept kenobi's location top secret.

That's an interesting thought. They don't actually know the location, just clues. However If Bail hears that Kenobi may be in danger, he may be the one to fill in the blanks. Could those events expose Leia to the information about Kenobi? Maybe. :)

Of course Leia knew Kenobi was on Tatooine--her adoptive father Bail was part of the meeting when it was decided Kenobi would take Luke there to be raised by his family, and that he (Kenobi) would stay there to watch over him. The real question is when Leia learned he was on Tatooine; my guess is she wasn't told until she was ready to leave to take R2 and the stolen plans to him. Don't forget, Kenobi was also hiding from the Empire, so his exact location probably wouldn't be common knowledge; rumor and scuttlebutt at best.

Here's an interesting idea I came across. It is possible that Sabine is Kenobis' daughter. In CW it was noted that he almost left the Jedi order for Satine. This could mean Sabine is Reys mother and Obi Wans granddaughter... Perhaps Ezra is the father Just interesting speculation.

Some nice dark saber details for halliwax

reb_ca_1913_b367e3be.jpg

I wonder if they'd let us reference their Maya Sketch file? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's an interesting idea I came across. It is possible that Sabine is Kenobis' daughter. In CW it was noted that he almost left the Jedi order for Satine. This could mean Sabine is Reys mother and Obi Wans granddaughter... Perhaps Ezra is the father Just interesting speculation.

Been there, done that. No. Sabine is Clan Wren. That's her family name. Not Kryze (Satine and Bo-Katan's family name). Not to mention she looks nothing like either Obi-Wan or Satine. Sabine is also 16-ish at the start of Rebels. She'd had to have been born during the Clone Wars. Yes, there's a bit of time between when Obi-Wan and Satine meet again in "The Mandalore Plot", and yes there's enough time between then and when Satine died for a baby to have been born, but there was no indication the two of them did anything like that while actively running from the Death Watch. All of the discussion of their almost-relationship is past tense, and far enough in the past Sabine couldn't be the result. She's unrelated. There is a chance Obi-Wan had a child with Satine that she kept him from knowing about, there is a chance that child is Rey's mother... but Sabine ain't her.

--Jonah

I recently watched a video that discussed whether or not Star Destroyers can destroy planets and in the comments section someone mentioned how he was annoyed that all we ever saw of the Imperial fleet in the movies were Star Destroyers. This led me to think about Rebels and how we've seen 2 classes of light cruisers, the Interdictor (prototype), and that carrier which brings up the question, have we seen the cruisers that Han was referencing in ANH when he's trying to sell Obi-Wan and Luke on the merits of the Falcon? We all know, and often reference, how Han mentions how fast he's been able to do the Kessel Run but we often forget, or overlook, that he also mentions outrunning Imperial cruisers, not the big slow ones but the (much) faster Corellian ones is how I think he describes it. So, are the big slow ones Star Destroyers and if so, are the faster one either the Gozanti or Arquitens or are they, or the carrier, the slow ones and the Star Destroyers the fast ones?

Been there, done that. No. Sabine is Clan Wren. That's her family name. Not Kryze (Satine and Bo-Katan's family name). Not to mention she looks nothing like either Obi-Wan or Satine. Sabine is also 16-ish at the start of Rebels. She'd had to have been born during the Clone Wars. Yes, there's a bit of time between when Obi-Wan and Satine meet again in "The Mandalore Plot", and yes there's enough time between then and when Satine died for a baby to have been born, but there was no indication the two of them did anything like that while actively running from the Death Watch. All of the discussion of their almost-relationship is past tense, and far enough in the past Sabine couldn't be the result. She's unrelated. There is a chance Obi-Wan had a child with Satine that she kept him from knowing about, there is a chance that child is Rey's mother... but Sabine ain't her.

--Jonah
What about her sister?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back