STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I would not expect Thrawn to ever match up with fans memory of the books. I think Rebels has done a good job of dragging in EU stuff into their episodes. It becomes cannon and gives the writers a chance to include it in the story.

It's getting beyond ridiculous that these rebels continue to risk alliance resources and lives on personal missions.

Han Solo does not appreciate your comment! This type of stuff is what heroes in stories do! They always run off to save the day against orders or against odds. A bit silly to question it in that manner. :)

The thing is, that all makes sense if we fill in the blanks a bit. But narratively, it does nothing. This show has been full of false starts. In every episode, they introduce a potential narrative, but then they never touch it again.
I still want to know more about mustofar, or malichor, or what happened at geonosis. Heck, what happened to those junior stormtroopers that Ezra trained with back in season 2?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

All shows do that, not everything has to tie in with the greater narrative. But when things or people are relevant or are of interest to the staff do make appearances again. Off of the top of my head I can think of Hondo, the Mandos, the Inquisitors, Maul, the holocron, the red hammerhead looking transports, and the funny elephant nosed gangster.

I would not expect Thrawn to ever match up with fans memory of the books. I think Rebels has done a good job of dragging in EU stuff into their episodes. It becomes cannon and gives the writers a chance to include it in the story.

Han Solo does not appreciate your comment! This type of stuff is what heroes in stories do! They always run off to save the day against orders or against odds. A bit silly to question it in that manner. :)

Han owns the Falcon and can do what he wants with it, and wasn't technically even a member of the Alliance until ROTJ. The team in Rebels has joined up and is under a chain of command. They got people killed retrieving a family heirloom, for pete's sake.

Han owns the Falcon and can do what he wants with it, and wasn't technically even a member of the Alliance until ROTJ. The team in Rebels has joined up and is under a chain of command. They got people killed retrieving a family heirloom, for pete's sake.

Leia, a princess and the main face of the Rebellion and Luke, the person who destroyed the Death Star, seemed to be part of the rebellion when they took some time off to rescue Han. Seems Lando was working for the good guys as well during that time.

Again, a bit silly to make that a big deal when they are "heroes" doing their thing in Star Wars.

ex. "Why isn't that idiot kid using his targeting computer? Someone else take the lead, he must have space sickness, get him out of there!"

- - - Updated - - -

The concept art has always been tagged with "Wolf". Not sure if it is someones name or a code name for the show, or what.

All of Filoni's stuff is marked as some variation of Wolf.

this is only maybe ten years after rebels, right? no reason the ghost crew couldn't be seen in a cameo. although character death suspense would be gone.

If you go by http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media:
The latest timeline has the recent episodes taking place 2 BBY and Rogue One at 0 BBY
Of course it's two years before. But that doesn't mean those shore troopers weren't around. There's so much great tech in this used galaxy of star wars. But for some reason, fans always think that everything is brand new when we see it on screen for the first time.

Everything we see in the OT looks like it's been around a bit. There's no reason to believe that there aren't snow troopers, speeders bikes, ATAT's and shore troopers around for rebels.

Of course it's two years before. But that doesn't mean those shore troopers weren't around. There's so much great tech in this used galaxy of star wars. But for some reason, fans always think that everything is brand new when we see it on screen for the first time.

Everything we see in the OT looks like it's been around a bit. There's no reason to believe that there aren't snow troopers, speeders bikes, ATAT's and shore troopers around for rebels.

i wasn't making a comment either way, simply trying to give accurate information about the timeline.

That was the perfect rebels episode.

All filler, no killer.

It was wacky, there was no real threat and they were getting supplies. The only thing it was missing was that Ezra didn't have some force relationship with a misunderstood anima

"And some of the truth is better than none of the truth, which is what you used to get. So don't try and tell me that I have not grown."

That made me actually laugh out loud. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. And enjoyed them bringing back AP-5 as it made sense to the plot. Some minor quibbles with the some of the "dangers," but an enjoyable episode.

Proton bombs keep coming up as specific armament the Rebellion is after. I wonder if/when those bombs are going to come back up as a plot device?

"And some of the truth is better than none of the truth, which is what you used to get. So don't try and tell me that I have not grown."

That made me actually laugh out loud. I enjoyed this episode quite a bit. And enjoyed them bringing back AP-5 as it made sense to the plot. Some minor quibbles with the some of the "dangers," but an enjoyable episode.

Proton bombs keep coming up as specific armament the Rebellion is after. I wonder if/when those bombs are going to come back up as a plot device?

thats what im thinking, they are always after them.

That was the perfect rebels episode.

All filler, no killer.

It was wacky, there was no real threat and they were getting supplies. The only thing it was missing was that Ezra didn't have some force relationship with a misunderstood anima

Disney fied Star Wars At it's finest. Disney really needs to outsource it to netflix or something so they can take some risks with the drama.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back