STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

is MJF under the weather or something? usually he's the first to post this stuff. hope your ok buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm ok. My son and I went from watching the show to playing Call of Duty. Thanks for posting.

CoD now thats deadly addicting... CoD:4 is my all time favorite. i guess the episode is taking a lot of heat? i follow a couple of you tubers and they are already complaining its a filler. i personally enjoyed it because of the outrider and how much i love that ship. well its not the outrider we saw tonight but a YT-1400, close enough. im a huge ty-1400 and b-wing fan I've been lucky so far with this show when it comes to ships

how many episodes are we in so far? i am thinking we aren't going to see maul again until the finally. hopefully we see the dark saber before that though... i thought for sure sabine was going to find the saber on mandalore...

CoD now thats deadly addicting... CoD:4 is my all time favorite. i guess the episode is taking a lot of heat? i follow a couple of you tubers and they are already complaining its a filler. i personally enjoyed it because of the outrider and how much i love that ship. well its not the outrider we saw tonight but a YT-1400, close enough. im a huge ty-1400 and b-wing fan I've been lucky so far with this show when it comes to ships

how many episodes are we in so far? i am thinking we aren't going to see maul again until the finally. hopefully we see the dark saber before that though... i thought for sure sabine was going to find the saber on mandalore...

I do not think you can call any episode a filler episode until you see how the season and even possibly the series plays out. A lot of times such episodes either involve a character (or characters) in their development or it helps stage a the set up for a larger story. Iron Squadron or even the stronger bond with the Commander Sato might be critical to future story elements. Think of Droids in Distress. Some who watch the show with blinders on might just see the episode as a gimmick to get R2 and C3PO on the show. However that show was critical as it brought our small band of Lothal Rebels into the sight of the larger Rebel in which Bail Organa and Ahsoka was involved.

That was episode 7.

Here are the next list of scheduled episodes:
S3, Ep8
26 Nov. 2016
The Wynkahthu JobThe Rebels join forces with ruthless pirates to salvage a freighter full of weapons the Rebellion needs. However, the mission turns out way more dangerous than they expected.

S3, Ep9
3 Dec. 2016
An Inside ManLooking for information on a new Imperial weapon, Ezra and Kanan break into an Imperial factory on Lothal. However, they have to trust an enemy to escape from a building that is about to be locked down.

S3, Ep10
10 Dec. 2016
Episode #3.10Haunted by visions of Maul, Ezra has to journey across the galaxy. Upon arriving at his destination, he has to participate in a strange ritual to sever his connection to Maul.​

Last edited:
I do not think you can call any episode a filler episode until you see how the season and even possibly the series plays out. A lot of times such episodes either devolve a character (or characters) or it helps stage a the set up for a larger story. Iron Squadron or even the stronger bond with the Commander Sato might be critical to future story elements. Think of Droids in Distress. Some who watch the show with blinders on might just see the episode as a gimmick to get R2 and C3PO on the show. However that show was critical as it brought our small band of Lothal Rebels into the sight of the larger Rebel in which Bail Organa and Ahsoka was involved.

That was episode 7.

Here are the next list of scheduled episodes:
S3, Ep8
26 Nov. 2016
The Wynkahthu JobThe Rebels join forces with ruthless pirates to salvage a freighter full of weapons the Rebellion needs. However, the mission turns out way more dangerous than they expected.

S3, Ep9
3 Dec. 2016
An Inside ManLooking for information on a new Imperial weapon, Ezra and Kanan break into an Imperial factory on Lothal. However, they have to trust an enemy to escape from a building that is about to be locked down.

S3, Ep10
10 Dec. 2016
Episode #3.10Haunted by visions of Maul, Ezra has to journey across the galaxy. Upon arriving at his destination, he has to participate in a strange ritual to sever his connection to Maul.

i wonder if the enemy they have to trust is Kallus! and a maul episode! i wonder if this is the green eyes we saw in the trailers!

More Williams score sound-alike homages, this time from the Raiders truck chase, and the young indy scenes from Last Crusade.

Also the end credits had a snippet from one of the old video games, Rogue Squadron I think.

It's getting beyond ridiculous that these rebels continue to risk alliance resources and lives on personal missions.

I am not liking Thrawn's voice. I'm with them in having him understated and collected, but the VA is trying way too hard at the smooth groove.

This was so typical of rebels.

We saw that ship in the season three trailer and we were all like, "woah! Was that the outrider??? Is dash rendar joining the cause????hell yes!"

And of course, the episode shows up and what we thought would be awesome was not. And we'll probably never see those characters again. Just like wedge has disappeared and I don't even think we've seen the B-wing again

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This was so typical of rebels.

We saw that ship in the season three trailer and we were all like, "woah! Was that the outrider??? Is dash rendar joining the cause????hell yes!"

And of course, the episode shows up and what we thought would be awesome was not. And we'll probably never see those characters again. Just like wedge has disappeared and I don't even think we've seen the B-wing again

Well, we know that Wedge doesn't stay with Phoenix squadron and joins up with Leia's group. So, maybe after joining up with the Rebellion he's training on X & Y-Wings and eventually gets assigned to Leia's groups or maybe Leia's group needs more pilots more than Phoenix does.

The B-Wing is probably undergoing further development and testing while they work to figuring out how to mass produce them. Don't forget that all they have is the just the one and there are almost certainly still bugs and kinks to work out before moving to full production. Production itself would have to be an issue since they don't, as of yet, seem to have a permanent base of operations and even if they do they can't afford to have a factory there since they have to be able to leave at a moment's notice. So they have to find somewhere, or somehow to make the B-Wings once they've got it production ready, so that would explain why we haven't seen it since.

As for the Dash Rendar looking ship, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't see it again. This show is pretty good at not forgetting things. Just look at the hammerhead cruisers they stole a while back, those are still making appearances regularly since they first showed up. We also see the 2 non-Star Destroyer cruisers fairly regularly, even since they introduced Star Destroyers in the show.

I am not liking Thrawn's voice. I'm with them in having him understated and collected, but the VA is trying way too hard at the smooth groove.

I'm not liking his voice, i'm not liking the dracula like theme they gave him as it doesn't fit with anything else... and i'm not really liking how they are utilizing him.

He doesn't come off as a threat. Just a weird looking alien officer... he's also got no history.

Thrawn needed a two hour movie to introduce him properly.

But here, he's just another hired gun with an interesting look.

What's the general fan consensus on this?

Rebels really needs to up the game a little. Nostalgia alone isn't cutting it. It's also a much SLOWER show than Clone Wars felt like as well...maybe that's another reason why it doesn't feel grand.

i always wanted to know how the rebel ships were made with out the empire finding out and purging the planet.

i always thought the rebel ships were old war ships they restored out of scrap yards or something, basically what we learned about the Y wings.

with the B wing story i liked the idea of it being a prototype and what not, but it makes me wonder now... how the heck are they going to build these without the empire knowing...

maybe the handful we see in RoTJ is the only ones ever built?

i would love to know more about the ships, how they are made, and who's making them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always wanted to know how the rebel ships were made with out the Empire finding out and purging the planet.

I always thought the rebel ships were old war ships they restored out of scrap yards or something, basically what we learned about the Y wings.

with the B wing story I liked the idea of it being a prototype and what not, but it makes me wonder now... how the heck are they going to build these without the empire knowing?

Maybe the handful we see in RoTJ is the only ones ever built?

I would love to know more about the ships, how they are made, and who's making them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to the old West End RPG the Mon Cal ships were converted cruise liners that the Mon Cal donated and converted by them. The other ships were presumably donated by other worlds sympathetic to the Rebels, stolen as shown in the Princess Leia episode, or possibly a result of defection by their crews. Ships up to the size of the Gozanti class cruisers probably have crews small enough that it wouldn't take too many to take over the ship and defect with it and the classic Corellian corvettes seem to be common enough and in use Galaxy wide by both regional governments (if not the Imperial government) and civilians. How they got larger ships like the Nebulon B and the transports seen in Empire is beyond me, most likely military surplus or donations.

I'm not liking his voice, i'm not liking the dracula like theme they gave him as it doesn't fit with anything else... and i'm not really liking how they are utilizing him.

He doesn't come off as a threat. Just a weird looking alien officer... he's also got no history.

Thrawn needed a two hour movie to introduce him properly.

But here, he's just another hired gun with an interesting look.

What's the general fan consensus on this?

Rebels really needs to up the game a little. Nostalgia alone isn't cutting it. It's also a much SLOWER show than Clone Wars felt like as well...maybe that's another reason why it doesn't feel grand.

I have no previous knowledge of Thrawn except that I know he's a fan favorite and he's a master strategist. We just haven't seen that yet. Right now he's creepy, but there haven't been any interesting stories. We need a "holy crap" moment. Like the final episode of last seasons' walking dead when they characters finally met neegan. The build up to that meeting was the brilliant part. I want to see Thrawn have them under his thumb. Like the Ori on SG-1. Or even like When Vader first met our Rebels. That was a scary villain.

I have no previous knowledge of Thrawn except that I know he's a fan favorite and he's a master strategist. We just haven't seen that yet. Right now he's creepy, but there haven't been any interesting stories. We need a "holy crap" moment. Like the final episode of last seasons' walking dead when they characters finally met neegan. The build up to that meeting was the brilliant part. I want to see Thrawn have them under his thumb. Like the Ori on SG-1. Or even like When Vader first met our Rebels. That was a scary villain.

i havn't seen the shows mentioned, but i get the gist of what's said and that's bingo bango bongo moment of clarity right there :).

It's exactly the problem with most of rebels, too..where everything is too easy for our disney fied crew.
But thrawn can't shine in only 2 minute short shots either :(.

- - - Updated - - -

Iron Squadron episode guide posted: http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/iron-squadron-episode-guide

reb_ca_1891_366c87a3.jpg

reb_ca_1885_84529f42.jpg

Attachments

• reb_ca_1891_366c87a3.jpg
    reb_ca_1891_366c87a3.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 167
  • reb_ca_1885_84529f42.jpg
    reb_ca_1885_84529f42.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, we know that Wedge doesn't stay with Phoenix squadron and joins up with Leia's group. So, maybe after joining up with the Rebellion he's training on X & Y-Wings and eventually gets assigned to Leia's groups or maybe Leia's group needs more pilots more than Phoenix does.

The B-Wing is probably undergoing further development and testing while they work to figuring out how to mass produce them. Don't forget that all they have is the just the one and there are almost certainly still bugs and kinks to work out before moving to full production. Production itself would have to be an issue since they don't, as of yet, seem to have a permanent base of operations and even if they do they can't afford to have a factory there since they have to be able to leave at a moment's notice. So they have to find somewhere, or somehow to make the B-Wings once they've got it production ready, so that would explain why we haven't seen it since.

As for the Dash Rendar looking ship, I wouldn't be too surprised if we don't see it again. This show is pretty good at not forgetting things. Just look at the hammerhead cruisers they stole a while back, those are still making appearances regularly since they first showed up. We also see the 2 non-Star Destroyer cruisers fairly regularly, even since they introduced Star Destroyers in the show.
The thing is, that all makes sense if we fill in the blanks a bit. But narratively, it does nothing. This show has been full of false starts. In every episode, they introduce a potential narrative, but then they never touch it again.
I still want to know more about mustofar, or malichor, or what happened at geonosis. Heck, what happened to those junior stormtroopers that Ezra trained with back in season 2?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back