Subscribe
    From
    Wendell, NC
    2 Days Ago  Nov 18, 2017, 12:08 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5676

I think it has a double meaning.

But maybe that's the point, that the Emperor is too wrapped up in the DS. Does the text indicate Thrawn's opinion?
    Thrawn is 100% that mobile fleets are the way to go. The emperor says it in the book plus we know through ANH that they think the DS will keep everyone so afraid their planet will get destroyed there will be no more resistance.
    From
    Hull
    2 Days Ago  Nov 18, 2017, 1:31 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5677

Anyone notice other than a few nondescript grunts, Ruhk had no lines? Was Warrick unavailable that week?
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Days Ago  Nov 18, 2017, 7:45 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5678

Danakin said: View Post
    It was confirmed just a couple episodes ago in "Kindred" where after the wolves save the team one of them says "Dume" to Kanan. Ezra asks what it means and Kanan reveals to him that it's his real name, Caleb Dume.
    Thanks buddy! My cable is screwed up, once we figure it out I’m going to go back and see if I watched kindred. I somehow don’t remember that part

Appreciate it!
    1 Day Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 2:25 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5679

In the entire run of this show has Hera EVER removed her headgear? Even with the X-wing helmet she still had something on underneath.

Also, was that the first time we've ever seen an X-wing actually close it's wings?
    1 Day Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 3:42 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5680

Well, we've never seen a female Twilek without headgear in the films, so at least that's consistent. Have we ever seen her going night night? One would think at least THEN....
    From
    Pacific NW
    1 Day Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 3:48 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5681

...unless it's Twilek underwear.
    From
    Wendell, NC
    21 Hours Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 8:06 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5682

The headgear thing I think is just something that makes it easier for artists.
    21 Hours Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 8:40 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5683

If we're talking real-world, they're for holding the appliances on the actresses' heads.
    From
    NAS Jacksonville
    20 Hours Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 9:32 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5684

I would have to guess that a female exposing that section of their head is taboo. Like going around topless. I've don't recall seeing a female Twi'lek without a headdress of some sort.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    19 Hours Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 10:40 PM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5685

I just checked all the Wookiepedia for all of the Twi'leks, and the amount of headgear varies, but the head isn't always covered completely. Of note, Lyn Me (RotJ) only had a wrap around her forhead and two straps over the lekku, and Oola (RotJ) only had a piece around her face and on her forehead (although these two were both at Jabba's place, so "decency" may not be a factor). However Supi (AotC) only had a tiara-like band around her head, and the lekku free, and Luta (Poe Dameron: Lockdown comics) only has bands right at the base of her lekku (nothing on the head itself), so I don't know.

Out-of-Universe, it probably is a practical thing to help with the appliances/animation (although 3 these 4 are live action), but I'm not sure we can find an in-character reason.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    9 Hours Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 8:25 AM - Re: STAR WARS Rebels new animated series! #5686

I thought it was mentioned somewhere in canon that females never show their ears?

Those cones on the side of their head I thought was ears. Makes don’t have this feature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk