STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

Watching the most recent episode has got me thinking, you know how there are some extreme, for the lack of a better term, canonphiles, people who regard everything, and I mean everything, seen on screen as canon whether it's something intentional or a mistake, how would one of these kind of people make Mando Super Commando armor? In the episode we see the armor of the leader flexing in areas where they shouldn't like the shoulder, so if everything on screen is canon would a canonphile feel the need to make the armor flexible as well?

If they worry about it that much then they really need to go outside and play.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

i was confused before and forgot about the time line. i was thinking again before watching the clip from MJF. i thought that was going to be a young dash. but honestly i think all that crew of guys would be too young to be dash right now... i forgot if in the book it referenced his age, but in the N64 shadows of the empire game. dash looked to be the same age, if not a little older then Han.

He'd actually be about 25 at this point in the timeline. And, while I'm thinking about EU characters I hope make it into the new canon, Kyle Katarn is about 19 now.

--Jonah

i dont know kyle... i read barely any EU. my friend read everything. and filled me in on some stuff, i read the basics. tales of the bounty hunters, shadows of the empire. was there one called the emperors hand.. something like that with dark luke, heir to the empire? i forgot..

i only read shadows of the empire because of the game otherwise i wouldnt have known about it. my friend also go involved in EU when the game came out and snowballed from there.

i would LOVE to see Dash in rebels. so if he's 25 now is he younger then Han?

Agreed, but you know how some people on this site get, it's not perfect unless they match every knick, scratch, dent, ding, crooked/loose stitching, or miscoloration/stain exactly.
True, I am that way about things I make. The ones that worry me are the ones who, when they see a slight difference, start coming up with complex theories to explain it. Rebuilding a model from scratch because the original got lost three years ago and the new modeler did not get it 100% the same? Well, obviously it was due to upgrades the empire/rebellion made.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

i dont know kyle... i read barely any EU. my friend read everything. and filled me in on some stuff, i read the basics. tales of the bounty hunters, shadows of the empire. was there one called the emperors hand.. something like that with dark luke, heir to the empire? i forgot..

i only read shadows of the empire because of the game otherwise i wouldnt have known about it. my friend also go involved in EU when the game came out and snowballed from there.

i would LOVE to see Dash in rebels. so if he's 25 now is he younger then Han?

Kyle is the dark forces/jedi knight games - not from a book.

That's where he originated but his story went on outside the games. I, Jedi was actually one of the only old EU books I liked.

That was Corran Horn, but it was a good book. Well mostly after the rehashed Jedi Academy stuff was done. The only time Kyle Katarn showed up was in the New Jedi Order books and maybe a couple before that. I think they could only bring him back if he was just a Rebel merc like in the original Dark Forces minus the Jedi stuff. I think the new post-ROTJ SW universe is content with only having two Jedi, lest they get too far from the exact formula of the OT...

That was Corran Horn, but it was a good book. Well mostly after the rehashed Jedi Academy stuff was done. The only time Kyle Katarn showed up was in the New Jedi Order books and maybe a couple before that. I think they could only bring him back if he was just a Rebel merc like in the original Dark Forces minus the Jedi stuff. I think the new post-ROTJ SW universe is content with only having two Jedi, lest they get too far from the exact formula of the OT...

That's right. Liked that book but hated the character storyline. I would have like him more sticking to the x-wing pilot role.

If it can't hold an adults attention, how's it gonna keep a kids eyes from wandering onto youtube on their tablet?

J
I've often wondered that myself. For me it's not that the show doesn't hold my attention, but that the episodes aren't particularly memorable. Most of them follow the same formula--one, some, or all of the rebels go off on some sort of mission or quest, meet resistance, overcome that resistance, and fly off into the sunset. Lather, rinse, repeat. So they tend to blur together rather than stand out, although there are occasional exceptions.

I've often wondered that myself. For me it's not that the show doesn't hold my attention, but that the episodes aren't particularly memorable. Most of them follow the same formula--one, some, or all of the rebels go off on some sort of mission or quest, meet resistance, overcome that resistance, and fly off into the sunset. Lather, rinse, repeat. So they tend to blur together rather than stand out, although there are occasional exceptions.

My daughter (19 college freshman with several scholarship's), my son (13 straight A's all last year), any myself (47 retired Naval Officer), watch and enjoy the show. We pay attention, follow, and enjoy the show. Then again, why wouldn't we, we are real Star Wars fans. Even if a show is not dynamic, it adds to the overall story and mythos of Star Wars. Every episode is new insight into that world and those characters.

The problem is that people who keep saying Rebels has no story arc, just are not paying attention. The whole show itself is a story arc with several arcs built in. Just because a show is not a multi part episode, does not mean the complete story ends at the end of 30 minutes. Those details transition to a greater story. If you took Star Wars ANH and broke it down into 20 minutes worth of video. Some parts of the movie would not be as dynamic as others. However those segments that were not dynamic would still contain important plot points critical to the overall story.

In short, it might not be the show that is simple and limited, it might be (sorry to say) the viewer.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not sure if people are familiar with shows that kids watch on TV or even Youtube now a days. There is plenty in each episode to keep their attention in most cases.

Mt daughter (19 college freshman with several scholarship's), my son (13 straight A's all last year), any myself (47 retired Naval Officer), watch and enjoy the show. We pay attention, follow, and enjoy the show. Then again, why wouldn't we, we are real Star Wars fans. Even if a show is not dynamic, it adds to the overall story and mythos of Star Wars. Every episode is new insight into that world and those characters.

The problem is that people who keep saying Rebels has no story arc, just are not paying attention. The whole show itself is a story arc with several arcs built in. Just because a show is not a multi part episode, does not mean the complete story ends at the end of 30 minutes. Those details transition to a greater story. If you took Star Wars ANH and broke it down into 20 minutes worth of video. Some parts of the movie would not be as dynamic as others. However those segments that were not dynamic would still contain important plot points critical to the overall story.

In short, it might not be the show that is simple and limited, it might be (sorry to say) the viewer.

it's very cool that you and your kids can enjoy the same interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back