STAR WARS Rebels new animated series!

I really like Hera so any time I get more info about her, I am happy. However, I don't think it is a throwaway episode. Based on previous seasons, episodes like this tend to be building toward something bigger. I think the events will be important for future episodes. I also expect Hera to liberate her family heirloom at some point.

Episode Guide for Hera's Heroes posted: http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/heras-heroes-episode-guide

And...

Who is making one?

305-bts-gallery-reb_ca_1789_08ec7272.jpg

However, I don't think it is a throwaway episode. Based on previous seasons, episodes like this tend to be building toward something bigger. I think the events will be important for future episodes. I also expect Hera to liberate her family heirloom at some point.

I've always enjoyed the "long game" the writers of Rebels (and Clone Wars) have demonstrated in their season and series plotting. It adds some great depth to the show. It can also help "carry" an otherwise weaker episode when it's viewed as a thread in the overarching season "tapestry."

I can murder more analogies. Just let me know.

I did find this episode to be a bit weak. From the "oh, come on!" of Hera's plan to go get a family heirloom that risked a great portion of the Rebel leadership for this goal, to slight plot disconnect of Hera asking Chopper to bring her all the explosive he could find, but then he's the one who ends up placing them (in a seriously compressed timeline). I really did enjoy the high points, tho': more of Hera's backstory; insight into Thrawn AND insight into Hera's almost "nothing to lose" mindset when she wants to win a confrontation with the Empire.

I didn't love the episode, but I do love what it's very likely setting up for later this season.

I wonder if they could outsource "extras" like Rebel pilots, background Mandos, etc., to other animation studios to distribute the render time and give us more individuals and fewer generic carbon copies... Just random thoughts.

--Jonah

i liked the episode. i liked seeing thrawns little growling too. i think my all time favorite part was Zeb asking ezra if he has this helmet yet lol classic!

thanks MJF for that pic!! i was wanting to go back and see some more pictures of it to see if i could build this out of wood. that screen shot is great reference!!

I wonder if they could outsource "extras" like Rebel pilots, background Mandos, etc., to other animation studios to distribute the render time and give us more individuals and fewer generic carbon copies... Just random thoughts.

--Jonah

The only that could work is if they either tackle entire scenes give them enough of the blocking so that they can be comped into the scene accurately. Definitely possible but I don't know how practical.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like something that someone with 3D software and printer could make pretty easily. Heck, a competent woodworker could probably knock out the basic form in a weekend with the details and articulation taking another couple of days.

I've still only seen season one so far but on the subject of animation, I think TCW was much better. The details, the variety of background characters, clothing changes, effects, etc., etc..... The overall style was just a lot more appealing.

I've still only seen season one so far but on the subject of animation, I think TCW was much better. The details, the variety of background characters, clothing changes, effects, etc., etc..... The overall style was just a lot more appealing.
Wait... Be patient... Second season has much better visuals and animation.

LOL...yes, they were ridiculous. But I'm sure Josh and Astroboy had more substantial issues with the season than that.

The Wook

that was the real turn off of the season for me, like I've said before i think theres on 6-7 episodes worth watching in season 2. the rest to me can be thrown away. i was at the point of giving up on season 2. but if it wasn't for this thread and the friends i have made i would have quit.

I'm loving season 3 so far!

LOL...yes, they were ridiculous. But I'm sure Josh and Astroboy had more substantial issues with the season than that.

The Wook
I've been waiting for an invite to rant about season 2 in this thread. When I have a bit more time, I promise I'll post a detailed hate speech about it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

that was the real turn off of the season for me, like I've said before i think theres on 6-7 episodes worth watching in season 2. the rest to me can be thrown away. i was at the point of giving up on season 2. but if it wasn't for this thread and the friends i have made i would have quit.

I'm loving season 3 so far!

If you can accept 'bleeding' kaibur crystals, rather than the crystals being artifically created and turning red because of it.. why are hyperspace whales so hard to believe?

Maybe they are force sensitive and use the force to tap into the hyperspace eddies and use it for travel?

for me, this show just feels too 'simple'. the empire is pretty much a walk over and no threat whatsoever.
i have not really felt the need to rewatch any rebel episodes...

If you can accept 'bleeding' kaibur crystals, rather than the crystals being artifically created and turning red because of it.. why are hyperspace whales so hard to believe?

Maybe they are force sensitive and use the force to tap into the hyperspace eddies and use it for travel?

for me, this show just feels too 'simple'. the empire is pretty much a walk over and no threat whatsoever.
i have not really felt the need to rewatch any rebel episodes...

you know honestly, i dont mind the force bleeding technique. i know fans are in a uproar about it but i dont mind it. i was wondering why kylo's cracked crystal was called a cyber crystal in the visual dictionary. i figured it was a typo. i guess they knew this for awhile now about the whole dark side force bleeding trick.

to me hyperspace travel is mechanical. thats just how i always perceived it. i am not going to lose sleep over the whales, i just pretend i never saw the episode. i think the season finale made up for everything i disliked in season 2. the only episodes i liked here

season 2
episodes 1-2 siege of lothal
episode 3 lost commanders
episode 4 relics of the old republic
episode 7 wings of a master
episode 10 the future of the force (loved the end!!)
episode 12 a princess on lothal ( only liked it for leia and kanan in trooper disguise, other than that i was disappointed)
episode 17 the honorable ones
episode 18 shroud of darkness ( amazing!! yoda yay!!)
episode 20-21 twilight of the apprentice (priceless episode)

so there is 22 episodes total. 1&2 are 1 episode and 21&22 are one episode. so lets count it as 20 episodes on season 2. i only liked 9 episodes out of the 20... thats less then half the season

i have already enjoyed all 3 episodes of season 3 so far. i really hope they go where i think they are going to go with this!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back