The Amazing Spider Man Replica Suit WIP (Zentai Method)

123Prime1

Hey guys, this is my first thread so if I make any mistakes please bare with me. Ever sense The Amazing Spider Man came out I wanted to make a replica suit of it. But from past experience Spider man is one of the hardest superhero suits that can be made (movie wise). I am using a zentai suit because its inexpensive and is a good base for the suit. Here is the progress so far.

The first thing I did was puff paint on the front spider, I didn't paint straight from the bottle. I used a paint brush and painted it on. This allows it to be raised a little bit but still be metallic just like the movie. Sorry for the bad lighting.
084.JPG

Next was the back spider. In the movie the back spider was VERY metallic. So I figured That if I put on four or five coats of red puff paint (using the same method as the front spider) I would have a bright, bold, raised and metallic back spider and that is exactly what happened.
085.JPG

Next were the blue on the gloves. The gloves on the suit were solid red which was not very accurate. So what I did was use blue acrylic paint. It kinda works like a brush able dye. It's not the best method considering over time the paint does crack, but after I put puff paint and vinyl on the gloves you won't be able to notice. If you are going to use this method be sure to wear vinyl gloves underneath because the paint WILL seep through.
087.JPG088.JPG086.JPG

Then I puff painted on the details on the front and back spider. I puff painted it because it was fast and easy, having the details raised is not very accurate. But I think it came out great!
094.JPG095.JPG

I am currently working on the face shell, I am using Joe Lai's method of using a pepakura helmet stand because the proportions of the helmet stand are similar to the movie such as the nose and the size.
090.JPG092.JPG

I am going to get TJack's awesome TASM V2 lenses and I am going to get epilepticsquirl's awesome 3d printed shapeways webshooters. That's all I got for now thanks for looking and be sure to check this thread for updates.

I think acrylic for the gloves is a bad idea. Maybe if you just display the suit but if your fingers get wet or you touch something a lighter color... the paint will come off. You would be better off using a testors paint pen. The enamel will make the glove stiff but no stiffer than acrylic.

I am looking forward to your finish version of your suit
I am making my suit too, I am happy to give advice or check out my WIP build thread.
Please do check it out

thanks
PooMmm

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back