Supernatural - The Colt

Ozymandius

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Haven't done a build thread in awhile, so I thought I would document my attempt to make The Colt from Supernatural.

To recap from the other thread, I started with a donated Colt Patterson which I molded and cast. I then modified the cast parts with the appropriate engravings.

That got me up to here.

Once I knew I had good parts, I ran another batch as cold-cast nickel/silver. The grips I did with pecan-flour filled resin which will hopefully make a decent faux wood.

As you can see, the cold-cast parts come out very dull looking.

After cleaning everything up and buffing the parts out with a wire wheel I got this.

Also did a set of carved grips in red oak.

I'm also doing a painted version using the black parts above, and ultimately I want to do a compare and contrast.

Just amazing, I've been oogling your sale thread for weeks now. Just about got the wife sold on one of the pricier versions lol.

Wanted to do more in-progress pics, but with the car accident I got a bit sidetracked.

Anyway, I was finally able to pull off a truly convincing blued steel finish. Final prop is finished with hand carved walnut grips.

Trigger and hammer both move and the chamber spins, but due to the very strange build of the gun is cannot break down.

Next up are the engraved bullets. I've got them in the mold now and hope to have them up soon.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back