Half scale or one third scale star wars ships.....

jamesrgiant

In a week I'll be on vacation and will have some time to work on a build or two. My question is are there any members here (or have pictures of some) who have built a large scale ship; from star wars or really any series? I got some good quality wood from someone and have been batting the idea around of maybe an X-wing fighter that my 2 year old could fit into but nothing much bigger than that. If anyone has done one of these before and has pics, advise, or both please kindly post to this thread. Thanks!

I was toying with this same idea the other day and did some Google searching. I saw this, TIE-fighter1-500x377.jpg. It's not high quality, but depending on how quickly you are looking to get it done...

I was thinking you could make the tie fighter ball cockpit out of fiberglass pretty easily using a 36" beach ball as a base.

Good luck. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Heath

Good luck to you also thanks! I was going to use mostly wood but fiberglass would make certain things easier. For certain reasons the tie fighter is last on my list next to the x-wing or at-st. Thanks for the pic... the cockpit is how I would've imagined it! Being in flat sections and not round. That actually looks pretty damn good!!

Good luck to you also thanks! I was going to use mostly wood but fiberglass would make certain things easier. For certain reasons the tie fighter is last on my list next to the x-wing or at-st. Thanks for the pic... the cockpit is how I would've imagined it! Being in flat sections and not round. That actually looks pretty damn good!!

The tie fighter would probably be the hardest of those to do. I saw this x-wing online and I thought the design might work for you. It's metal, but seems easy enough to duplicate in wood.

Panoramio - Photos by gscoulson > playground

Heath

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back