MG42 Draft Blueprints

wizardofflight

Hello,

I have been busy working on the MG42 drawings and want to give you all a sneak peak at what I have so far. Please understand that this drawing is in no way dimensional accurate. It is being done from photos only so it is relatively close; at least it looks like a MG42. Normally I would like to have a little more information on a subject before attempt it, but what the heck.

So take a look and let me know what you all think, constructive criticism is always welcome.

Alan
Rear_Sight_Assy.gif

MG-42-FrtSight.gif

MG42_WOF.gif

Sweet. Of course, a scale will eventually be handy. But very cool. I don't have an MG42, but have seen them a number of times, along with pics, and this (as always) looks great.

Obi-Bob

Thanks guys, I'll be adding a scale when they are a little further along. Right now everything is in flux and thing will end up changing

Alan

I have updated the drawing in the first post. I added a scale jut to give you a idea of the size of this piece.

It is amazing how many variations that I have come across in just the small number of reference photos that I have collected.

Alan

Thanks, actually I have already started drawing for both of those, but it will be a while.

Alan

Originally posted by Jack Bauer@Dec 17 2005, 06:55 AM
I love it thanks.  :thumbsup  Any chance of doing the MG34 or Lewis as well?
[snapback]1137859[/snapback]​

I have updated the drawing in the first post. The drawings are nearly complete I still need to complete the belt tray detail.

Now I just need to dimension & format them.

Alan

Really cool Alan.
Any chance to do MG34 after this ?

Originally posted by wizardofflight@Jan 5 2006, 04:20 PM
I have updated the drawing in the first post.  The drawings are nearly complete I still need to complete the belt tray detail. 

Now I just need to dimension & format them.

Alan
[snapback]1151269[/snapback]​

That's cool Alan, cant wait to see the MG34 blueprint since I live in a world where it is prohibited to import anything that resemble a weapon or fire arm.

I guess the only way I can get an MG34 is to strach build one.

Originally posted by wizardofflight@Jan 6 2006, 06:40 AM
The MG34 blueprints are on the way and the MG15 as well.

Alan
[snapback]1151963[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back