Studio Scale ATAT

Well both, Trying to replicate the original studio stop-mo model. Scratch, kit parts and machining of the armature.

Rob

Well this is going to be awesome man!!

In terms of measures hope this won't help you a lot, but we are building a 1/48 AT-AT in which we've tried to add every possible detail shown in the original modek, so may be it could give you some extra ideas. http://www.therpf.com/f11/scratchbuilt-star-wars-imperial-walker-1-48-a-213895/?highlight=at-at+scratchbuilt

Cheers!!

Well i may be doing the same thing as you and scratch that one piece if i can't identify it soon.

Rob

Nearly all done with the armature prototype.
Just the other half of this part and its done. :D
Part 7a.png
Time permitting should have all the parts cleaned up by Friday:thumbsup

Rob

Thanks Guys,

Thanks Mate, Found that one but this one still eludes me. Thats not saying much as I'm still getting the hang of IDing :facepalm
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=185284&p=3378189&viewfull=1#post3378189
But would love that one other wise i'll scratch it as its taking to long.

What a tease...shows us nothing but a little ankle, Not to much! ;)
Well I don't want to get a reputation as a tease so just for you Scott here some more below the ankle. :lol
IMG_0308.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Jon, Good to hear form you.
There all done, Have been since February but Ive been adjusting them both ever since.
Definitely gotta just put the breaks on the adjustments as i think I'm just going around in circles. :wacko
But yer Ive decided there's a line on the head i want to modify slightly then i'll stop :facepalm and get them outa the virtual world.

Im glad you guys are enjoying the photos and I appreciate the comments, Cheers. :thumbsup

Outstanding work dsp5500!! Looking forward to the rest. BTW, are they made out of aluminum?
6061 Aluminium, Brass and mild steel.

Just waiting on the hardware so I can screw it together, Sure beats meccano :cool
Here are a couple of hinge pieces.
ATAT Part7.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back