"Ghostbusters II" ghost masks, Scoleri Brothers

Rhett J Martin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I've been trying to get back into the swing of things, and decided to go way back to my roots, and sculpt. I haven't sculpted in this scale, or a face, since about 1995(did a predator head as my final art project, it was fun, and even landed in the yearbook). I decided to go full hog and dive into a big sculpt so I'd have to succeed, instead of doing small stuff that didn't have much invested in.

A friend in our Ghostbusters group suggested we have the ghosts as well as the Ghostbusters at our booths, and also suggested having masks and the like to sell, and on top of that, the haunted house I work with has an electric chair installation, so everything kinda fell into place.

I was pretty lucky, having learned how to do the basic latex mask stuff way back in 93 at an Art Institute summer program, but never really did much with the skill, and was curious if I still 'had it."

Turns out, I've still got it! I was pretty relieved, since I started with the fat boy Nunzio Scoleri! I reduced the size of the film monster suit, to make a more manageable mask, as well as a smaller, more booth friendly costume.

This is just water based clay, and I'll do a HydroCal two part slush mold over top. Good old fashioned Monster Maker latex lay in and cast.

Did the first couple of photos during Game of Thornes the other night, and have hit it a few times in the last few days. Maybe total of 10 hours into the sculpt.

Enjoy!

Day 1: blocking, shaping, sculpting, and drawing in face lines, wrinkles, etc . . .
nscoleriday11.jpg

nscoleriday12.jpg

Day 2: Resculpts, smoothing out, texturing, detailing begins
nscoleriday21.jpg

nscoleriday22.jpg

Day 3 Detailing, final smoothing, added eyes and teeth
nscoleriday31.jpg

nscoleriday32.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back