Continuum rifle - real gun or made up?

PeterLC

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Can someone shed some light on the rifle seen in the latest episode of Continuum? Is it based on a real gun or has it been made froim a Nerf gun or scratchbuilt? I don't know enough about guns.
e0f350d9-1d36-48d7-a994-aebc2266cec7_zpsc33e44f8.jpg

Ohh look at that. It's an airsoft gun. It's actually based off a fictional weapons manufacturing company "Poseidon" in the anime universe "Ghost in the Shell," as well as the world of "Appleseed Ex Machina." I almost bought one of these

ghost_in_the_shell_seburo.jpg

1350674672934.jpg

pic-003-prima-dragon-A.jpg

Damn. Well that stuffs up ever getting one of those. Airsoft guns aren't allowed in Australia. It looks similar to something else I've seen somewhere. Some toy.

There is the body of an M-16 / M-4 in there; that's what the airsoft gun is based on.

If you could get something that looks like an M-16, you could scratch-build the rest.

Not saying it would be easy.

-MJ

There is the body of an M-16 / M-4 in there; that's what the airsoft gun is based on.

If you could get something that looks like an M-16, you could scratch-build the rest.

-MJ

Yea, the lower and upper receiver of an M4/M-16 style body is there...just with everything else added. Hell, even the folding stock is an M4 style with a shell built over it. I think that's really what the companies did...took their existing M4/M-16 Rifles and built the custom body kits for them to be packaged together

- - - Updated - - -

Damn. Well that stuffs up ever getting one of those. Airsoft guns aren't allowed in Australia. It looks similar to something else I've seen somewhere. Some toy.

What if you had someone get one, tear it apart and remove the airsoft components, re-assemble it and ship it to you?

What if you had someone get one, tear it apart and remove the airsoft components, re-assemble it and ship it to you?

Pretty sure Customs would still stop it. They are even wanting to tighten the laws more on non-firing replicas in my state. We are allowed to have some things they can't in most other states at present. I might check with our state police and see what they say but I suspect it will be NO.

Pretty sure Customs would still stop it. They are even wanting to tighten the laws more on non-firing replicas in my state. We are allowed to have some things they can't in most other states at present. I might check with our state police and see what they say but I suspect it will be NO.

Yikes......what about shipping it in pieces? Definitely gonna cost more..

It's been years since I've seen one, but they used to make a toy version of this rifle. Undersize for an adult, but then it was a kid's toy.

David.

-MJ

Dude, his country doesn't allow "Airsoft" guns. -Where the heck is he gonna get a real AR-15?

I've got one of these, and it's a cool airsoft gun. Heavy, sturdy, and comfortable to shoulder.

There is an undersized toy version with lights and ray gun sounds. I've seen it on ebay a few times. I don't remember what it was listed as though. It's silver, and sparkly.

I assume this is the one you mean? I have seen this before. The biggest issue is it's only 36.5cm long.

5477a744-d06f-448e-8e49-a345274c74d0_zps04ca619e.jpg

Last edited:
The JG STAR Dragon AEG Airsoft Rifle is still available for about US$170 it seems in case anyone was interested.

I got mine into the UK by having a friend ship the shrouds separately from the airsoft parts, which he sprayed a bright colour to ship legally. I added a few decals and a flashlight to match the Continuum one.

2yl6ye0.jpg

2zspg8p.jpg

They will stop Airsoft parts as well.

armouredheaven.com.au sells various m4/m16 based toys, some of them have removable mags and adjustable stocks.
I've seen similar toys at Paddy's Markets (Sydney, NSW), so there might be the same things available in the Brizbane equivalent.
The undersized kid's toy that you have a picture of in your post further down the page also seem to crop up there once in a while.

Maybe a disassembled outer-shell (all the bits except the airsoft gun inside) could be posted from O/S?
I've had a resin PKD blaster kit sent to me from the US in the past with no problem.

armouredheaven.com.au sells various m4/m16 based toys, some of them have removable mags and adjustable stocks.

I'll have a look at the site for future reference.

I've seen similar toys at Paddy's Markets (Sydney, NSW), so there might be the same things available in the Brizbane equivalent.

We don't have a Paddy's here in Brisbane anymore. It's now fancy apartments.

Maybe a disassembled outer-shell (all the bits except the airsoft gun inside) could be posted from O/S?

I have already considered the option and have a request for clarification regarding the law in with the Qld Police Weapons Licensing Branch. It's a reasonably expensive Airsoft gun to be gutting though, not just a $15 pistol from Walmart.

I've had a resin PKD blaster kit sent to me from the US in the past with no problem.

I have a full (mostly) metal PKD kit which cleared customs with no issues. Didn't even need my B709 which I had ready.

I've got one of these, and it's a cool airsoft gun. Heavy, sturdy, and comfortable to shoulder.

Does it have any kind of Airsoft logo/markings on the outside casing at all? Not being marked as Airsoft might help the shells get through as lots of cast resin/plastic prop gun parts come through OK.

Well so much for just trying to get the casing shipped over. I got a response from the Weapons Licensing people which says

Information obtained at this office indicates that this item may be contructed from the upper and lower receiver of an M4/M16 carbine / rifle.

This would make the item a category R weapon as provided for in section 8 subsection(1)(a) of the Weapons Categories Regulation 1997.

Should the item not have the upper and lower receivers of the M4 / M16 in built, the item would be considered a replica of such weapon and would also be classified as a category R weapon.

To lawfully possess category R weapons such weapon must be rendered permanently inoperable by a licensed Queensland armourer who will issue a Form 31 "Certicate of Firearm/Weapon Being Permanently Inoperable".

This will also apply to Airsoft weapons irrespective of whether the internal mechanism has been removed or not.

In the instances outlined above, to lawfully acquire these items, the usual Permit to Acquire (PTA) requirments will apply.

You are advised that from previous decisions regarding anything "Airsoft", the Authorised Officer Queensland Police Service Weapons Licensing will not approve the importation of these items.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back