Dredd Helmet Contest - You have been judged and the sentence is...

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
deta-judge-dredd-close-quarters-battle-helmet.jpg

Congrats to deta and his CQB Helmet!

This was a VERY tight competition and all four judges noted that this was a tough contest to judge as many of the entries were so impressive!

To recap, we had 4 judges: Dredd 3D's principal costumer; Robert Allsopp, Dredd 3D's costume designer; Michael O'Connor, Prop Store's Stephen Lane and one of our RPF staff members (thankfully, not me!). The judges rates each helmet from 1-5 on three criteria; Creativity, Originality, and Build-quality.

Deta and JudgeLusk tied for first in Creativity.
Deta and ammclane tied for first in Originality.
made007 and MrPinski tied for first in Build-Quality.

In combined scores, Deta pulled ahead of the pack for a photo first, winning by 0.9 points!

Ammclane and Mr Pinski tied for second in overall scores with epilepticsquirl coming in at a very close third!

As many of you know, the prize for this contest was generously donated by the Prop Store; a prototype helmet, made during the production of Dredd! This fantastic piece will be headed out soon to deta!

judge-dredd-prototype-helmet-1.jpg

Thanks again for everyone who entered and continued to prove what an amazing powerhouse of creativity and raw talent this community has become! Thanks to the judges for taking time out of their busy schedules to rate the entries. Thanks to Michael Bergeron for overseeing this and all of our contests!

To see all of the entries, please check out our Dredd Contest Gallery!

If you didn't make it into this contest or even if you did, we will have another contest coming up VERY soon and will be giving away pieces from Factory Entertainment's MIBII line! Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Oh wow! Well done guys!

What a massively difficult task Judging (tee-hee) must have been! Congratulations to everyone who entered too, they all looked amazing!

:)

Congratulations Deta!!!:thumbsup
Amazing work.
I hope everyone had as much fun as i did for the competitions.

WOOW...... i rarely checked the web because i didn't expect to win this contest, i just built it because i'm happy with it... haha.. thanks anyway. by the way the other contestant are awesome, we are the winner indeed..^_^

Congratulations deta - fantastic design and really well executed! Love the little touches that bring out the angles and tie the whole thing together - a difficult balance to achieve so effectively.

Great competition to be a part of and a worthy winner :)

Cheers,

Ross

Congrats, Delta! Well deserved!

On a side note, this was a fun contest to enter. After spending so much time trying to match someone else's work, it was refreshing to apply personal input!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back