"boy builds Iron Man suit"

Re: "boy builds Iron Man suit"

I'm so pleased you understand! Nobody really listened to me, i guess they just saw a juicy story in it.
I had a small section in the 'sun' newspaper and they claimed I 'even went to the shops in it' Something I never even said...
When I tried to explain process like I said, they either ignored the important parts or just missed it out completely. No one in that industry is interested :(

It acknowledges on his facebook Darkside501st's files... https://www.facebook.com/pages/Blackout-Props-Archie-Whitehead/333968776631648?fref=ts

And yeah, I'm kinda jealous that someone who has an incomplete suit and can get on the news, when there are people with complete suits around in the UK...
Ah well... what can you do?
I plan to finish it after exams! :p

Oh and I got the foam method from the 405TH. :)

So people can shush about it being incomplete, a friend of mine posted it on reddit. I was asleep at the time. So yeah. got to the front page 2nd overall. Someone from mashable asks some questions, then more internet journalists, then papers, then the radio. and here we are. So, if you want a day or two of fame, post your suit on reddit and claim to be a teenager!! :p

Edit again: And stealth, AUSTRALIA?!

It's a fantastic costume for sure; nice work and good for you for getting that kind of attention for it.

Re: "boy builds Iron Man suit"

To be honest, I have been contacted by loads of journalists, and was surprised, I asked, so many people make better suits than me? why so much attention. I'm guessing maybe my age? There is a similar story of a 16 year old who build a pep suit in america, on stan winston school of character art's facebook page and youtube.

I would just like to say I'm 16! :L

Go Teenagers? :darnkids

That's the newspapers for you a bit of hype they blow it all out of proportion and get the wrong end of the stick I mean £2000 for a unfinished suit they must of put something in their coffee that day lol :D Never mind matey you'll know next time your on the news to make sure they get the story right facts and figures ect ect once burned and all that :)

hey congrats blackout dont listen to them haters
Thanks!
I will admit Doc, You became a bit of an icon recently, your clean foam work and excellent finish blew me away. Have you tried acrylic medium by the way? Golden Mediums do a 'SELF LEVELLING CLEAR GEL' which is what I used. acrylic medium is formulated for paint in the first place, so no peeling at all ever, only problem I have is that it wrinkles, Although I think I might be able to avoid that with more layers.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back