Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

Hopefully BETTER than the digital movie model. That has a lot of lazy mirroring of detailing. :)
Hey come on now, that model is great. The story I heard from credible sources is that when Ford got injured production slowed down and they actually had time to work on it. Considering we have infinite time to work, and they have to go against insane deadlines, Lazy is not the word. It’s a damn fine tribute to 5 foot and I’m happy every time i look at it. But I digress haha!

There is no 1:1 scale for the Millennium Falcon.

The interior is 150% the size of the exterior in the movies.

Some aspects of the interior layout cannot be reconciled with the exterior shape regardless of the sizing.

From my understanding, the full size set pieces were built at 60-80% of the "canon" size. (jatea would know better)

If they made it the "canon" size, I'd be happy and I think it could work.

Frankly, I wish the falcon wasn't a ride. I wish they just built a fill size, COLD replica of echo base. That would be enough for me.

What's going to be interesting is how guests are going to get into the Falcon. Considering that we clearly see the Falcon sitting outside in the open, there will be multpile ride vehicles and given that the Falcon is boarded from the outside, I wonder what trickery they're going to use to make us believe that we're actually boarding the Falcon we see outside. One theory I've heard is that they're going to break canon, I know, how dreaful, and have guests board from below via an elevator. Another suggests that each ride bay will have part of a reproduction of the bottom of the Falcon and we'll end up boarding the usual way. But the problem with this theory is how they would replicate only part of the Falcon and not make a complete duplicate inside the show building because there's no way that they can make multpile full sized Falcons for each ride vehicle.

In my opinion Universal Studios was far more interesting before it became an amusement park--the studio tour was longer so you got to see more of the backlot, and there was far more focus on Universal's movie history. Now they give you the bum's rush through the tour so they can get you back to the shops, restaurants, and lame attractions that they used as an excuse to drastically increase their admittance prices.

As much as I enjoy the studio tours personally, and I've done the Universal Trolley one, the private tour, Warner Bros Tour and the Paramount Pictures tour I don't see the Universal tour expanding as it is very disruptive to shooting on the backlot.

We rented part of the European Square for a commercial shoot, and even though it cost around $15k to shoot there, we had to stop every 15 minutes or so because the trolley tour came by and went into the King Kong ride, which was very loud. Not an easy environment to work in when you're recording sound. They drive all over that lot so it makes life hard to film there. But I am sure they will shut parts down, like wisteria lane etc when large production rent out the whole street, but they're still very loud when they roll by with the tourists.

DqELT_OXgAAhdHt.jpg

As much as I enjoy the studio tours personally, and I've done the Universal Trolley one, the private tour, Warner Bros Tour and the Paramount Pictures tour I don't see the Universal tour expanding as it is very disruptive to shooting on the backlot.

We rented part of the European Square for a commercial shoot, and even though it cost around $15k to shoot there, we had to stop every 15 minutes or so because the trolley tour came by and went into the King Kong ride, which was very loud. Not an easy environment to work in when you're recording sound. They drive all over that lot so it makes life hard to film there. But I am sure they will shut parts down, like wisteria lane etc when large production rent out the whole street, but they're still very loud when they roll by with the tourists.
It's nice to hear this (well, read this) from someone who has actually worked on the lot. I've taken the tram tour more than a few times, and for a while I was convinced they had stopped all filming on the backlot and were only using it for the tours because I never saw any evidence--equipment trucks, wardrobe/make-up trailers, etc.--that they ever did any filming there. Hell, I've seen more film crews in my home town. I completely understand why they would route the trams away from filming for the reasons you mentioned, but I also thought if the tours were that much of a problem they should just discontinue them.

The tram passed within feet of the Monkey Bar exterior in Tales of the Gold Monkey, and the cast/crew complain about having to constantly stop shooting for it in behind the scenes interviews. The "parting of the Red Sea" was right next to it as well, so they had to wait for the tram to get past THAT, too.

Went to both parks and Universal Studios over winter break, I almost felt ripped off when I went to Universal studios. It was my first time going there so I was actually excited, especially the new Transformers ride. That park was such a big disappointment, the only decent ride was the Transformers and the studio tour. NOT worth $80 :thumbsdown.

That's because Universal is a working film and TV studio first and a theme park second. As a result, they're not going to sink the kind of money that the other parks do into their rides, that's just not where their focus is. For what it is, it isn't bad. Most of the rides are fun enough, esp. The Mummy, and the lines aren't too bad either. It just sucks that it's in one of the hotter parts of SoCal and the park's built on top and at the bottom of a big hill so you have to take that escalator to get from one part of the park to the other.

I wonder what the falcon panels are made out of to withstand the sun and heat in Florida every day..

I have only been to Disney world twice in my life back in 2002 and 2004. And I remembered all the props that were outside and how faded things were

Especially the stuff at universal...

Any truth to this falcon being one of the screen used ones? Or was that just a rumor?

halliwax
From my understanding Universal has multiple shifts worth of coverage handling the scenic painting in the Potter areas, I would assume Disney will do the same for SW for the sake of upkeep

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back