Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/breaking-test-footage-of-the-millennium-falcon-attraction-in-star-wars-galaxys-edge
1D35E6C9-8F4A-4537-B865-3E0CB4862BC3.jpeg

Looks like a Star Tours and Flight of Passage mash-up. And then it adds the new spin that it is your own flight path. Pretty Cool! Thanks for posting.

I get the "It's canon, it's set around the ST era" thing with this land, but I still wish/hope they run OT troopers and characters around in there occasionally. I know it's fanboyish, but the OT IS Star Wars, the designs are the ones people have been thinking and dreaming of for decades. I would rather have it be a nebulous mishmash of all the eras for the sake of seeing these characters than have it be canon for the sake of air tight continuity in the land.

I get the "It's canon, it's set around the ST era" thing with this land, but I still wish/hope they run OT troopers and characters around in there occasionally. I know it's fanboyish, but the OT IS Star Wars, the designs are the ones people have been thinking and dreaming of for decades. I would rather have it be a nebulous mishmash of all the eras for the sake of seeing these characters than have it be canon for the sake of air tight continuity in the land.

They still have OT era walking around Launch Bay. I would think they would, but who knows. I am pretty confident we won't see any clones walking around.

I was just at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando this past week. I was there to set up Roxy the Rancor and Lemmy the Luggabeast for thier Galactic Nights event on Sunday.

I went into the park and rode Star Tours on Thursday. I was shown the podracing and Naboo scenes on the ride. I rode again on Sunday during the Galactic Nights event and saw the new movie footage with the ending on Black Spire Outpost (the village name of the new SW land, for those who don't know). So they still have the old footage during regualr park hours.

During the day on Sunday, an original triolgy officer and OT Stormtroopers marched through the streets. The officer stopped, said of a bunch of crap while the Stormtrooper's intiimdated the crowd, and then (I believe) moved to the stage. During Galactic Nights I saw a bunch of characters coming out from backstage and both Stormtrooper versions were included. I assume the separated and went to different locations.

Scott

The screens do give a great deal of flexibility to the attractions, but there is a growing dislike of them within the public. Even the 3-D screens are bring criticized. Guests are used to Animatronics, and many see the screens as "cheap imitations".

The screens do give a great deal of flexibility to the attractions, but there is a growing dislike of them within the public. Even the 3-D screens are bring criticized. Guests are used to Animatronics, and many see the screens as "cheap imitations".

I don't remember Star Tours having animatronics other than in the wait queue. Maybe we are talking about different things.

I wasn't talking about attractions like Star Tours, where the action is on a screen in the front of the ride vehicle. I was talking about the new thing where they have the screen set into the decor of the attraction. A lot of the newer rides have this kind of technology.

The pilot.

oh ueah! Rex and now 3PO. I guess my SWIQ has dropped a few points.

- - - Updated - - -

I wasn't talking about attractions like Star Tours, where the action is on a screen in the front of the ride vehicle. I was talking about the new thing where they have the screen set into the decor of the attraction. A lot of the newer rides have this kind of technology.

Gotcha. They have evolved from audio-animatronics to projected faces too. Pirates of the Caribbean vs. Buzz Lightyear come to mind.

I'm all for projection as a kind of moving matte painting, I'm VERY tired of rides being a delivery system for putting you in front of 3D screens so you can watch a movie clip.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back