Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

What excites me most about this, is how it will draw crowds away from other parts of the park. I know, I'm a curmudgeon. But Disney didn't build this for me, or my folks, it's more for the kids I'll never have. It just isn't my Star Wars, and I'm ok with that.

Re: star wars land

Color me not impressed. Then again, I'm too old to care about Disney anyhow. I used to work for them, spent way too much time in the park already, haven't been in decades, don't care if I ever go again.

Re: star wars land

I havent been to Dland since they added all the SW stuff in the last year. So yea, Im game.

What excites me most about this, is how it will draw crowds away from other parts of the park. I know, I'm a curmudgeon. But Disney didn't build this for me, or my folks, it's more for the kids I'll never have. It just isn't my Star Wars, and I'm ok with that.

Yeah, it should mean shorter lines in the other areas of the park, although I bet that Splash Mountain will still have really long lines during the height of summer and The Haunted Mansion as well from Halloween through Christmas when they get their annual Nightmare Before Christmas makeover.

What excites me most about this, is how it will draw crowds away from other parts of the park...
I hate to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't count on that happening. I know a lot of people who love Disneyland but couldn't care less about Star Wars. The new Star Wars attractions might draw some people away, but I don't think the difference will be that noticeable.

I'm just glad I have my annual pass so I can go any day\time when hopefully crowds won't be as bad.
I've been a pass holder for a very long time, though I'm beginning to foresee a time when I will probably let that go. Part of the reason I love going to Disneyland is that it lets me be nostalgic for the place it was when my brother and I used to go there. He died in '98, and Disneyland feels less and less nostalgic all the time. Progress and all that, I know, that's how the world works.

Last edited:
Yeah, it should mean shorter lines in the other areas of the park, although I bet that Splash Mountain will still have really long lines during the height of summer and The Haunted Mansion as well from Halloween through Christmas when they get their annual Nightmare Before Christmas makeover.

All those rides are in the magic kingdom in Orlando.

This time last week, I was there in hollywood studios Orlando, knee deep in star wars exhibits. I cant speak for California however in Orlando, it is in hollywood studios. Down at the end of Pixar alley is a plywood wall with this picture I took on it Its already under construction behind that wall.. It also said, coming in 2019

IMG_3481.JPG
It looks as if this will span from the star wars museum down to star tours. I don't know how Hollywood studios is in California however, its not that big of a deal here without the star wars attractions. Its actually the slowest of the 4 parks here. Besides the great movie ride and the Indiana jones attractions that is.

Last edited:
Oh, And I found 3POs missing arm. They have it displayed in a wire door closet. I guess that's the real story why he has a red arm now. LOL. You do know, I'm only kidden

IMG_3450.JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back