Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

The logo at the top seems to indicate that its in California, so Disneyland.
thats the entrance for disneyworld hollywood studios grand avenue, not disneyland. Disney land still looks like this
StarWars1.jpg

Oh, so those logos are just left over from the old attraction?
no that whole entrance area is all new. This whole area use to be of New York and the Muppet's ride. The tunnel acts as a portal to the star wars land since the park is supposed to be a nod to Hollywood and cali, Ill actually be back in Disneyworld in like 12 days lol.
IMG_1817.jpg

No it's a new structure, but it's a transition from the Old Los Angeles/Golden Age of Movies look of the park to Starwarsland.

(edit: reply crossed with joshspiderman23)

My friend just got back from Disneyland. I didn't know about the ending of random Star Tours til now. He said it was the same ride every time, and only TFA/TLJ content.

Yeah I think that happened a few months ago.

I just got back from DW and it's the same there as well. Also noted that Stormtroopers are now only of the First Order version and the classic ones are gone. The coolest part is now the Star Tours shuttle lands at Galaxy's Edge. I thought that was pretty nice addition for the ride.

More, dump the old, we only care about the new.

I PARTLY agree with that choice...for the parks at least. One good example is Rapunzel...it annoys me every time I see her at the park with long blonde hair. Everyone who knows who she is knows she has short hair now, and it's brown. The only way you wouldn't know that is if you never saw the movie to begin with. It's weird to have the past on display rather than current at the parks. The parks should be current, because we saw what happened to the characters. Pretending it 'unhappened' breaks the magic.

The exception is that Disney used to have a really great tradition of treating all characters as if they were actors. Mickey and Donald etc were always treated as if they were performers who starred in different cartoon stories. Even story characters were treated as if they really had that personality, but didn't actually 'die' it was just the plot of the cartoon they starred in.

By that logic it was still OK to see Darth Vader in the park for the same reason it's fine to see Maleficent or Captain Hook. I always thought it was a really clever device on Disney's part, but in recent years it seems not many in charge there remember it.

Would you REALLY want a short-brown-haired Rapunzel walking the park? The defining aspect of the character, especially in its source material, is her long golden hair. I don't suppose you would also prefer a Pinocchio walking the park as a real boy? :)

Would you REALLY want a short-brown-haired Rapunzel walking the park? The defining aspect of the character, especially in its source material, is her long golden hair. I don't suppose you would also prefer a Pinocchio walking the park as a real boy? :)

Kids believe things, but they aren't morons. They saw the movie, they know what happened.

Then again, mostly from what I see these days, kids don't even believe in Santa anymore, so I doubt many of them ever think anything other than "Actor in a costume" at the parks anyway.

I am very excited for all of this to finally be open to the public. This is the only reason I was excited when Disney bought Star Wars. I can't wait to take my daughter. I live in Chicago and we were very close to getting the George Lucas museum because Lucas has a home here with his wife. But lame politics got in the way and ruined it for us and now Cali is going to get the museum.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back