Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

That is good to see they brought some of the classic stuff back. The cool thing about the ride is they can alter it as needed now.

I was just at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Orlando this past week. I was there to set up Roxy the Rancor and Lemmy the Luggabeast for thier Galactic Nights event on Sunday.

I went into the park and rode Star Tours on Thursday. I was shown the podracing and Naboo scenes on the ride. I rode again on Sunday during the Galactic Nights event and saw the new movie footage with the ending on Black Spire Outpost (the village name of the new SW land, for those who don't know). So they still have the old footage during regualr park hours.

During the day on Sunday, an original triolgy officer and OT Stormtroopers marched through the streets. The officer stopped, said of a bunch of crap while the Stormtrooper's intiimdated the crowd, and then (I believe) moved to the stage. During Galactic Nights I saw a bunch of characters coming out from backstage and both Stormtrooper versions were included. I assume the separated and went to different locations.

Scott

Not sure if you know, but the Star Tours ride segments are supposed to be random, so you have a chance i think of 4 parts per ride being different. i cant remember now how many different possibilities there are but its a lot. So theres a segment from the Solo film?

Not sure if you know, but the Star Tours ride segments are supposed to be random, so you have a chance i think of 4 parts per ride being different. i cant remember now how many different possibilities there are but its a lot. So theres a segment from the Solo film?

When the update happened, that was the configuration. However, with the new movies, Disney has changed the randomness to be forced segments. After, TFA, Everyone went to Jakku and the TLJ, you went to both Crayt and Jakku every time. From Skaught latest report, it looks like they turned randomization back on.

I think they force those locations because they feel guests are more interested in the new locations over the old. Not to mention, it is a promotional tie in to the release of the movie. I was there in March and it was Crayt and Jakku. My guess is they turned it back to random after they were done promoting Last Jedi.

They haven't done any locations exclusive to "Star Wars Story" movies.

-Eric

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, been riding it since it opened in Orlando. Both clips use to be random, but now they match them according to timeline. So no battle of Hoth right before the podrace. Still random during normal park hours. For Galactic Nights, though, they used TFA era video exclusively.

Scott

- - - Updated - - -

If you haven't seen the VOID 3D experience "Secrets of the Empire" (which is awesome), they use Rogue One characters. A video intro with Cassian and K2SO during the experience.

They also have a K2SO with the inside of a shuttle from Rogue One as a photo background in the parks. Three dimentional, not a photo banner.

Nothing for Solo that I've seen anywhere.

Scott

Yeah, been riding it since it opened in Orlando. Both clips use to be random, but now they match them according to timeline. So no battle of Hoth right before the podrace. Still random during normal park hours. For Galactic Nights, though, they used TFA era video exclusively.

Scott

- - - Updated - - -

If you haven't seen the VOID 3D experience "Secrets of the Empire" (which is awesome), they use Rogue One characters. A video intro with Cassian and K2SO during the experience.

They also have a K2SO with the inside of a shuttle from Rogue One as a photo background in the parks. Three dimentional, not a photo banner.

Nothing for Solo that I've seen anywhere.

Scott

Ive done the secrets of the empire here in England. It made me laugh when it got announced....that it was going to be at Disneyland, WDW and..........a shopping mall in London!! :D We are back to WDW this october so hoping to do it again then. Im hoping a newer version in the future. A Solo version would be superb, allowing you to walk the falcon, imagine that! wow.Cant wait to get back to star tours too, ive not seen the new ending in person yet so hopefully i will catch that too. We are booked for WDW next october too.....im really hoping we catch the opening of Galaxies edge.......its going to be very close but i think we will just miss it.

Secrets of the Empire was a pretty cool experience. We did it back in March. Ours had a C2-B5 at the end instead of K2 though. Even though I knew it was virtual, the ending still had my heart racing.

I did see somewhere they opened one in Vegas recently.

34782995_1672763432838113_850866419003293696_o.jpg

34640478_1672763252838131_5527002579235504128_o.jpg

So just got home from Hollywood Studios. Haven't been there in 12 years. It was all rainy today, so the park wasn't too packed. Went on Star Tours 3 times, and each time the wait was about a minute. Tomorrow there opening the new Toy Story land, but as my girlfriend and I were walking around, we see people walking towards the area. I'm like, did they open it already? An employee looks at me and is like, SHHHHHH......there letting you guys in tonight. Its pretty cool. BUT, in the distance, I could see the new Star Wars land being built. Too bad that wasn't opening tomorrow with a sneak peak in today.
And then of course, and awesome night finale with the Star Wars firework show. Got to go because my girlfriend got free tickets through her school bus driving job, and the tickets were only good til today.

I was looking up some stuff about Star Tours, and mostly reading about the original ride. I read that they actually made a new smaller death star just for it. But can't find any info on any of the models built for it, wondering if anyone knows anything.

I just don't have much enthusiasm for the lands they're building. Pixar, Marvel, I don't know if I'm even interested in simply walking around Star Wars Land. Am I the only one who feels this way?

I just don't have much enthusiasm for the lands they're building. Pixar, Marvel, I don't know if I'm even interested in simply walking around Star Wars Land. Am I the only one who feels this way?

No, you're not alone in your feeling, though my rationale for feeling that way may differ from yours. Growing up around Disney World in Florida, being raised on Disney movies and shows, and taking my daughter often when she was small, "Disney Parks" to me mean . . well, "Disney" - the Disney movies and stories. Marvel, SW - those just feel like after-acquired IPs shoehorned in.

I exclude Pixar from this because Pixar has been a prominent part of the Disney Parks since the late 1990s (before Disney even acquired Pixar), back when Pixar seemed to be really good at "being Disney" at a time when Disney wasn't very good at it itself. Because Pixar was great family entertainment and a prominent part of the parks back in 2003 when I first took my daughter, I'll grandfather them in.

M

I’m super excited for Star Wars land to open in Anaheim, although, admittedly, I believe I may be waiting a few months or so before I get in there with the crazy crowds. Lol!

No, you aren't. And I'm really not interested in paying $97 or more just to walk through the front gates. I realize it's expensive to operate an amusement park like Disneyland, but give me a break.

I’m super excited for Star Wars land to open in Anaheim, although, admittedly, I believe I may be waiting a few months or so before I get in there with the crazy crowds. Lol!

Same here. Though I'm worried it may be even longer before the crowds die down. I have an annual pass and go all the time. There's never a day anymore where its empty. Before there were always certain days you could go with hardly any crowds. Luckily with the pass we can go a couple hours before closing when its not as packed.

I'm at Disney, now. Got into Toy Story Land the day before it "opened" officially, as well as the next evening. Walked right in with no problem and got on Mania three times, two with fast passes. The Land is really cool to walk around. Eye candy everywhere and just fun to see. The waits for the rides, which are just dolled up kiddie rides, are absurd. The Slinky coaster looks adorable. Really cute and fun. A four wait for a 2 minute ride? Seek help. It's just a kiddie coaster. GREAT looking land. It really is. There just isn't anything there worth more than a 20 minute wait. Star Wars Land I have no interest in as nothing in it, except the Falcon, has actually been IN a Star Wars movie. Rian Johnson must have designed it.

If I could get a drink at the Mos Eisley cantina I'd be interested. At my age with my kid almost grown I don't have much interest in amusement parks anymore. Jakku won't cut it for me. Besides, Seattle already has a Jakku house. ;)

Same here. Though I'm worried it may be even longer before the crowds die down. I have an annual pass and go all the time. There's never a day anymore where its empty. Before there were always certain days you could go with hardly any crowds. Luckily with the pass we can go a couple hours before closing when its not as packed.

We do the annual pass here in Florida and crowds have steadily increased over the years here as well. We still haven’t been on the Avatar ride or Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. After a year, these rides are never open to fast pass and wait times are always 2-3 hours. We usually just pop in to the parks now just to hit one or two rides and then grab lunch, drinks or dinner... never making it a whole day event. I had friends who went to Toy Story Land on opening day and it took them 300 minutes to just get in to the land, and then 4 hours to get on the Slinky Dog ride. No thank you!

We do the annual pass here in Florida and crowds have steadily increased over the years here as well. We still haven’t been on the Avatar ride or Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. After a year, these rides are never open to fast pass and wait times are always 2-3 hours. We usually just pop in to the parks now just to hit one or two rides and then grab lunch, drinks or dinner... never making it a whole day event. I had friends who went to Toy Story Land on opening day and it took them 300 minutes to just get in to the land, and then 4 hours to get on the Slinky Dog ride. No thank you!

Ummm both Avatar rides at WDW are fast pass'able. We did both last September.

*EDIT* IMO Flight of the banshee is the new gold standard for any future 4D sim rides.

Last edited:
Ummm both Avatar rides at WDW are fast pass'able. We did both last September.

*EDIT* IMO Flight of the banshee is the new gold standard for any future 4D sim rides.
Maybe they are, but everytime we try to get them they say, “unavailable for fast pass”. I guess they fill up early.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back