Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

Why do you assume they would do anything to Space Mountain? It's still one of the busiest rides in the park, and is an iconic attraction.

That could easily be made to be a space assault and incorporate projection TIE Fighters and use laser lights and flashes to simulate blasters and put in crazy stuff like that. It would be a re-skinning, but would look pretty cool! Pop in some classic music from "Here They Come" before the Death Star battle.

Being a fan of both Disney Parks and Star Wars. I would hate to see Tomorrowland become a Star Wars only area. Tomorrowland is supposed to be about looking to the future in a fun way. I do agree it's lost it's way.

I like the idea of adding more space to the Hollywood Studios area in Florida to expand Star Tours. All the buildings could get reskinned into looking like downtown Coruscant. Muppets attraction is very outdated and could be replaced with something Star Wars themed.

I remember reading once that Disney was looking at turning EPCOT's Future World into Stark Expo. That concept could actually work because Future World and Stark Expo were both based on the World's Fair.

I never understood why both parks had to have the same rides anyway. Loses the appeal of going to both.

-Eric

Did anyone click through to the Micechat link in the first article?

Disneyland Tomorrowland Rumors, News
The plan now, using development funds under the 100 Million dollar mark already earmarked for Disneyland, is to go in and do “placemaking” and aesthetic improvements in Tomorrowland just prior to the 60th Anniversary in 2015. Captain EO is on the chopping block with that plan, which should come as no surprise to anyone. The long-rumored West Coast version of the Monsters Inc. Laugh Factory would take up residence in that 3-D theater, while the area around it gets an aesthetic re-skinning that will help it mesh better with the big-budget plan to bring more Star Wars presence to Tomorrowland. The E Ticket of the Tomorrowland remake uses the speeder bike coaster concept on the old PeopleMover route, originally Imagineered with a Tron theme but now using Star Wars as the storyline for the new ride.

Coming from the guy who comes into a Disney parks and Star Wars thread and thinks those are obscure abbreviations :facepalm
Not at all; I just not a fan of abbreviations. You'd think I'd be used to it by now considering how long I've been frequenting forums like this, buuuuuut noooooooooooooooooooo. :D

My apologies, I was in a bit of a mood last night.

I assume it is due to the limited space in California versus the expansions they can have to Hollywood Studios in Florida. The changes might only be cosmetic and removeable like they have done for holidays just installed for a longer period of time?

its amazed me for decades that Tomorrowland has so much unused space and imagination. The Toy Story shooter doesnt belong there either, they screwed up the rocket ride to no end blocking that section of the park in the process and the entire Space Mountain line system ive seen near riots break out in during summer heat (if people were not to obese riots would have broken out). The technology exhibit thing is boring as all hell with people looking at the floor and wandering off to look for gum under tables within minutes. If they take Tomorowland and combine it with technology that pushes the envelope once again, this could be a lot of fun. If its just for a cash grab, like the Toy Story ride was, mind as well take the Tomorroland name off and take the rest of those themes with it (Tomorrowland, Frontierland...).

I assume it is due to the limited space in California versus the expansions they can have to Hollywood Studios in Florida. The changes might only be cosmetic and removeable like they have done for holidays just installed for a longer period of time?

Disney bought up all that surrounding land and what did they do? A wasted second theme park CA Adventure, massive parking structures, Downtown Disney and a new hotel. Disneyland itself didnt expand. Reason is obvious, why add on to an existing flat rate when you can build new revenue. Lets not forget were talking a greed based corporate giant that views ten year olds as adults and charges $5 for a .5 cent bottle of water. Hence forth my doubts they will push the envelope when the cash grab is too easy.

I think Disney does a great job with new material. Look at Animal Kingdom in the WDW complex. It's fabulous with tons of attention to detail. I think they could do a Star Wars area justice. Disneyland/California Adventure in Anaheim could accommodate a nice sized Star Wars Land, if the suits decide the core demographic will be interested enough in the concept to put up the money. In any case, they almost have to do some kind of Star Wars-themed attraction or land because they gave up a really huge bag of gelt for Lucasfilm.

Disney bought up all that surrounding land and what did they do? A wasted second theme park CA Adventure, massive parking structures, Downtown Disney and a new hotel. Disneyland itself didnt expand. Reason is obvious, why add on to an existing flat rate when you can build new revenue. Lets not forget were talking a greed based corporate giant that views ten year olds as adults and charges $5 for a .5 cent bottle of water. Hence forth my doubts they will push the envelope when the cash grab is too easy.

I'd hardly call CA Adventure a waste, especially not after the revamping of the front and the addition of Cars Land, it's really gotten good now and I think that it has really come into its own now. I do agree with you that things are overpriced in the park but then again what attraction isn't, movie theaters do the same, other amusement parks rip you off on food, drinks, and souvenirs and most aren't nearly as good as what you get at Disneyland, heck even museums charge around $8 for a basic burger. The other thing to consider is the massive overhead it costs to run the parks, they employ a veritable army of people to run the parks both onstage and behind the scenes don't mention the amount of water and electricity they use every day 24/7, literally since the parks never really ever truly shut down, even when they're closed for the night all of the lights and music are still on and a whole other crew of people go to work planting, cleaning, painting, and doing all sorts of maintenance on the rides. That's not to say that they can't charge less for some things, I've always felt that they should have a kid's price for annual passes since they have kid's price tickets. I've also felt that they should give annual pass holders a bigger discount for renewing before their passes expire.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Having just gone today I think Cali was ok. I think there is wasted space up front near Hollywood twilight tower. I also think another park is a good idea as it more money for Disney ultimately. I would like to see them move SW out of tomorrow land. Have it get back to looking toward the future for us and inspiring future tech.

I love the idea of speedier bike ride, xwing shooter, pod racing, some kind of light saber dueling.

There really is a ton if potential.

Sent from my 1520 using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back