Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

They've got a huge parking lot by the hotels that they could renovate into a sw area, like they did with cars land. Just make another parking lot offsite and there you go.

Or take an existing parking lot and turn it into a multistory parking structure, and don't forget to take advantage of building underground, multiply your parking by 1000%, *then* take one of the older flat lots and build it out into SWland.

There's plenty of underutilized space around the theme parks.

Anyone kinda looking at this whole Disney/Star Wars thing and finding it rather funny,ironic,curious???

There is a lot of killing in these films. Children slaughtered by the dozen, genocide of Jedi, a giant "Death" battlestation that wiped out billions of people. Pilots die screaming. People choked to death. Tortured. Dismembered. Burning corpses.

Mickey I'm sure isn't going to focus much on the actual "wars" part of Star Wars and make it a profitable family experience.

My dark humor would consider.....

Imagine visiting the burning homestead with perpetual smoking corpses!

The youngling slaughter room, how many can you take down in 60 seconds?

Or how about use the torture droid on your own daughter experience! (there is a youtube skit there for someone)

Anyone kinda looking at this whole Disney/Star Wars thing and finding it rather funny,ironic,curious???

There is a lot of killing in these films. Children slaughtered by the dozen, genocide of Jedi, a giant "Death" battlestation that wiped out billions of people. Pilots die screaming. People choked to death. Tortured. Dismembered. Burning corpses.

Mickey I'm sure isn't going to focus much on the actual "wars" part of Star Wars and make it a profitable family experience.

My dark humor would consider.....

Imagine visiting the burning homestead with perpetual smoking corpses!

The youngling slaughter room, how many can you take down in 60 seconds?

Or how about use the torture droid on your own daughter experience! (there is a youtube skit there for someone)

I'd be down for some exploding Ewoks!

Good, if those rumors are true than DLR will be getting the SW treatment before WDW :D
And seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., we should keep the P.C. on the Q.T.. 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P..

:rolleyes

Doesn't sound very exciting..."re-skinning" the facades to be more Star Wars-like. Just sounds like a lame dress-up of what will likely be 80%-90% gift shops and food vendors to buy over-priced merchandise. And what about Space Mountain? What happens to it? Would be a shame to lose that. Star Wars is big enough and has enough draw to justify it's own park as opposed to cramming a half-arsed attempt at it into a the hand-me-down space formerly known as Tomorrow Land. I agree that the Land is kind of a mess right now, unsure of what it is supposed to be. But these broad strokes for the Star Wars element don't sound very ambitious, especially given their plans for the films. In order for it to be done properly, it really needs to be done from the ground up.

Doesn't sound very exciting..."re-skinning" the facades to be more Star Wars-like. Just sounds like a lame dress-up of what will likely be 80%-90% gift shops and food vendors to buy over-priced merchandise. And what about Space Mountain? What happens to it? Would be a shame to lose that. Star Wars is big enough and has enough draw to justify it's own park as opposed to cramming a half-arsed attempt at it into a the hand-me-down space formerly known as Tomorrow Land. I agree that the Land is kind of a mess right now, unsure of what it is supposed to be. But these broad strokes for the Star Wars element don't sound very ambitious, especially given their plans for the films. In order for it to be done properly, it really needs to be done from the ground up.

Agree 100% :thumbsup I haven't visited a Disney park since 1978, but If they did Star Wars right I'd be willing to make the trip regardless of the distance.

And seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., we should keep the P.C. on the Q.T.. 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P..

:rolleyes

Coming from the guy who comes into a Disney parks and Star Wars thread and thinks those are obscure abbreviations :facepalm

Why do you assume they would do anything to Space Mountain? It's still one of the busiest rides in the park, and is an iconic attraction.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back