Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...heir-collaboration-on-star-wars-themed-lands/

4_17_WDI_9001A-1280.jpg

Attachments

• 4_17_WDI_9001A-1280.jpg
    4_17_WDI_9001A-1280.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited by a moderator:
This, and that my son is only 3, is why we're waiting to go to Disney for a couple more years. Onward, to Legoland, instead!

My sister was reading something that said there are only going to be 2 rides in the new Star Wars portion of Disneyland, anyone know about that?

Here's the latest update on what SWL looks like right now, a lot of progress but still nothing very recognizable (yet).

My sister was reading something that said there are only going to be 2 rides in the new Star Wars portion of Disneyland, anyone know about that?

That is apparently the case. One ride is a Millennium Falcon simulator while there is less detail known about the other (as far as I can recall – one rumor had it being a coaster simulating a fight between X-wings and TIE fighters).

And actually, although it seems like very little, two E-ticket rides in a given land is pretty much par for the course for Disney. Think about all of the different lands elsewhere in the parks, and you will see that it's about the same number – they then fill in with lots of other things like gift shops, restaurants, character meeting spots etc. Also, though not located specifically in Star Wars Land, Star Tours isn't going anywhere, so that's a third E-ticket SW ride.

M

That is apparently the case. One ride is a Millennium Falcon simulator while there is less detail known about the other (as far as I can recall – one rumor had it being a coaster simulating a fight between X-wings and TIE fighters).

And actually, although it seems like very little, two E-ticket rides in a given land is pretty much par for the course for Disney. Think about all of the different lands elsewhere in the parks, and you will see that it's about the same number – they then fill in with lots of other things like gift shops, restaurants, character meeting spots etc. Also, though not located specifically in Star Wars Land, Star Tours isn't going anywhere, so that's a third E-ticket SW ride.

M
I actually don't want any rides at all. I just want a full replica of echo base, complete with falcon and everything.

And maybe a mos eisley cantina.

I just want to browse the galaxy

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

M
Thanks for the info. I was kinda hoping they were going to relocate star tours and then make something else there. That would be a ton of work though, but still. Kinda weird having Star Tours be there when there is a whole land dedicated to Star Wars.

I actually don't want any rides at all. I just want a full replica of echo base, complete with falcon and everything.

And maybe a mos eisley cantina.

I just want to browse the galaxy

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Word from Celebration is that SWL will be set on a new (to us) world, nowhere that we've seen or (probably) read about yet. But I like that, it makes the Star Wars world seem larger and it lets them be more creative in designing the land, basing it on somewhere we already have seen would limit things too much, in my opinion.

Not a bad idea on the surface, but who goes on vacation and spends the whole time in their hotel? This would be a reason to do so, of course, but...I don't know. I'd much rather have the "unique story experiences" spontaneously develop on their own during the duration of my vacations and not be forced to play along with someone's scripted idea of how my vacations should go.

Sounds like a cool thing for little kids, but as an adult and a Star Wars fan, just the description of the "experience" made me groan. I'm sure it'll do well. Lots of loons willing to drop 1k a day for "lightsaber and flight training" As a pilot and a swordsmen, you can do both for real for a lot less. lol It's also really an odd choice that the new land is based on a world that does not exist yet in SW canon, yet the description sounds like Mos Eisley. It would seem a bigger draw to build a land or park based on well-known and established locales and set pieces. Eh. Time will tell.

Sounds like a cool thing for little kids, but as an adult and a Star Wars fan, just the description of the "experience" made me groan. I'm sure it'll do well. Lots of loons willing to drop 1k a day for "lightsaber and flight training" As a pilot and a swordsmen, you can do both for real for a lot less. lol It's also really an odd choice that the new land is based on a world that does not exist yet in SW canon, yet the description sounds like Mos Eisley. It would seem a bigger draw to build a land or park based on well-known and established locales and set pieces. Eh. Time will tell.
Basing the new land on something new gives the creators total freedom, or at least near total freedom. With going with a new locale they don't have to worry about people (like some here) nit picking everything saying things like, "that building is too small, it should be a half an inch taller, and 1/8 wider", or the color of the sand or snow is off, the trees are too small and/or the wrong species, the rocks are too sharp or are too smooth, and so on.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back