Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516
Subscribe
    6 Days Ago  Jul 16, 2017, 10:19 PM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #376

Or, mix it up between the two scripted experiences, like Star Tours used to.
    Maybe let the premium ticket buyers choose between Han and Rey, but for everyone else, it's the luck of the draw.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    6 Days Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 7:25 AM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #377

This is neat, a fly through the model.

https://youtu.be/aP1jcbPRxc8
    6 Days Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 3:35 PM - star wars land #378

Disney released a teaser with video showing the new galactic land. It's awsome, but I don't have the link. I will find it and post later unless someone posts it

Here it is.
    https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...170717205205:s
    Last edited by kevin926; 5 Days Ago at 4:00 PM.
    5 Days Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 4:01 PM - Re: star wars land #379

I plan on spending a full day there atleast.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    5 Days Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 5:30 PM - Re: star wars land #380

i was talking to my friend last night. he goes to disney with his mom and dad 3 times a year. he's going opening month, i can only imagine the traffic inside the park... i went with them twice, one of those times was for new years. during the day they closed the park because it reached the max capacity, we couldn't get the exact number but the rumor was 1million people, i dont know how true that is...

we couldn't do anything that day, it was shoulder to shoulder traffic...

i can't imagine what its going to be like, he's super pumped. i may go in 2020, give it a year so the newest is worn off
    From
    Herald, Kalifornia
    5 Days Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 8:31 PM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #381

What excites me most about this, is how it will draw crowds away from other parts of the park. I know, I'm a curmudgeon. But Disney didn't build this for me, or my folks, it's more for the kids I'll never have. It just isn't my Star Wars, and I'm ok with that.
    5 Days Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 9:33 PM - Re: star wars land #382

Color me not impressed. Then again, I'm too old to care about Disney anyhow. I used to work for them, spent way too much time in the park already, haven't been in decades, don't care if I ever go again.
  8. RPF Janitor RPF Premium Member Lear60man's Avatar
    5 Days Ago  Jul 17, 2017, 10:51 PM - Re: star wars land #383

I havent been to Dland since they added all the SW stuff in the last year. So yea, Im game.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    5 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 9:52 AM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #384

PantheraGem said: View Post
    What excites me most about this, is how it will draw crowds away from other parts of the park. I know, I'm a curmudgeon. But Disney didn't build this for me, or my folks, it's more for the kids I'll never have. It just isn't my Star Wars, and I'm ok with that.
    Yeah, it should mean shorter lines in the other areas of the park, although I bet that Splash Mountain will still have really long lines during the height of summer and The Haunted Mansion as well from Halloween through Christmas when they get their annual Nightmare Before Christmas makeover.
    From
    Southern California
    4 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 4:17 PM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #385

PantheraGem said: View Post
    What excites me most about this, is how it will draw crowds away from other parts of the park...
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I wouldn't count on that happening. I know a lot of people who love Disneyland but couldn't care less about Star Wars. The new Star Wars attractions might draw some people away, but I don't think the difference will be that noticeable.
  11. Hodor RPF Premium Member KhalDrogo's Avatar
    From
    Long Beach, CA, US
    4 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 4:20 PM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #386

I'm just glad I have my annual pass so I can go any day\time when hopefully crowds won't be as bad.
    From
    Herald, Kalifornia
    4 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 4:30 PM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #387

KhalDrogo said: View Post
    I'm just glad I have my annual pass so I can go any day\time when hopefully crowds won't be as bad.
    I've been a pass holder for a very long time, though I'm beginning to foresee a time when I will probably let that go. Part of the reason I love going to Disneyland is that it lets me be nostalgic for the place it was when my brother and I used to go there. He died in '98, and Disneyland feels less and less nostalgic all the time. Progress and all that, I know, that's how the world works.
    Last edited by PantheraGem; 3 Days Ago at 12:07 AM.
    4 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 7:06 PM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #388

Riceball said: View Post
    Yeah, it should mean shorter lines in the other areas of the park, although I bet that Splash Mountain will still have really long lines during the height of summer and The Haunted Mansion as well from Halloween through Christmas when they get their annual Nightmare Before Christmas makeover.
    All those rides are in the magic kingdom in Orlando.

This time last week, I was there in hollywood studios Orlando, knee deep in star wars exhibits. I cant speak for California however in Orlando, it is in hollywood studios. Down at the end of Pixar alley is a plywood wall with this picture I took on it Its already under construction behind that wall.. It also said, coming in 2019

IMG_3481.JPG
    It looks as if this will span from the star wars museum down to star tours. I don't know how Hollywood studios is in California however, its not that big of a deal here without the star wars attractions. Its actually the slowest of the 4 parks here. Besides the great movie ride and the Indiana jones attractions that is.
    Last edited by kevin926; 4 Days Ago at 7:13 PM.
    4 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 7:23 PM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #389

Oh, And I found 3POs missing arm. They have it displayed in a wire door closet. I guess that's the real story why he has a red arm now. LOL. You do know, I'm only kidden

IMG_3450.JPG
    From
    St. Pete
    4 Days Ago  Jul 18, 2017, 9:06 PM - Re: Disney wants more 'Star Wars' in its theme parks #390

There's some pretty cool things in that closet.