Scammer , recaster warning : latest alias Loganprops, recent alias Snikt Shop

RacerMachX

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Update: this section will have the latest alias and all the previous alias for safe keeping.

Latest alias: loganprops

update 05-13-14

new instagram: thejimlogan
old instagram: loganprops , offline

old instagram: sniktshop , offline

[/B]
Etsy store : LoganProps
Old Etsy store : sniktshop , offline

flickr (still under the old Sniktshop name): flickr sniktshop
more alias: Jim Logan (not real legal name): iamwolverine
more alias: IamYourHeroes

previous alias: https://www.facebook.com/SniktShop ( now off line)
previous alias: Dave Produx , outlawprodux: https://www.facebook.com/outlawprodux (now off line)

This thread was first started due to recasting by Loganprops and his many previous alias.
But it quickly evolved into how he was scamming alot of people out of their money.
This thread, at this writing, is at 34 pages, while the recasting information only accounts to about the 1st 7 pages.
So, i thought it was time to revise the title to reflect this information.

[h=2]WARNING! Logan Props/Snikt Shop/I am your heroes! [/h]

@thejimlogan , #thejimlogan , #loganprops , #jimloganscam , #loganpropscam

Hey guys,

A fellow RPF'er brought this to my attention today.

aka David Eugene Winant Jr.
aka Jim Logan

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...4667736.101994.404658592922934&type=1&theater

913736_502505423138250_1269947275_o.jpg 920169_502761073112685_1174888747_o.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...4667736.101994.404658592922934&type=1&theater

As usual, a nauseating brazen claim of work.
"This is a resin duplicate of the original, which was made out of a light cover and a bucket from home depot....
and a ton of bondo :-X "

And to top it off,

he is a judge at a upcoming thegeekieawards event
Jim Logan | The Geekie Awards JimLogan.jpg

EDIT:
I will not let any D-bag influence me in my enjoyment of my hobby.

Thank you.

913736_502505423138250_1269947275_o.jpg

920169_502761073112685_1174888747_o.jpg

JimLogan.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Another recaster, and i think this time, I'm done..

Oh man sad to here it buddy and a tuff decision you made. Nothing must be worse than a recaster claiming your work to be his own.

He also recast the Wolverine claws he sells from the Rubies set. This guy is bad news, I would suggest you post this on sites such as LOH, BOTB, and SCF.

Ugh! That's terrible. *shaking my head as I'm typing*

Sorry to hear that someone's taken the joy out of sharing your work with others. I completely understand why and I hate such blatantly thoughtless behaviour.

That sux man! There is nothing worse than when this happens.

Last edited:

Hey guys.

I don't normally jump into these kinds of things, but I actually know this guy. My question is are you 100 % positive its your cast? I ask because I do/did remember seeing WIP of this piece he was doing a while back and actually did save it.

I know alot of people have been doing magneto helms lately so I'd rather make sure everything gets cleared up before dragging a guys name through the mud you know?

Here is the WIP he posted a while back. 404221_10150607619404113_2146132828_n.jpg

I know this much about Jim Logan;
https://www.facebook.com/iamwolverine

Over a year ago, he took payment of $150 from me to complete some shin armor I wanted.
fireflyprops.net ? View topic - Alliance Fed Armor

After repeated attempts to get either the armor or the money back, I've still got neither.
If you know him, ask him about how many other people he's stiffed.

Hey guys.

I don't normally jump into these kinds of things, but I actually know this guy. My question is are you 100 % positive its your cast? I ask because I do/did remember seeing WIP of this piece he was doing a while back and actually did save it.

Last edited:

The work in progress does not match up to his final smooth version. The shapes and distances are completely different. The only explanation would be that he started completely over by tearing it down and rebuilding. That wouldn't make sense. I have seen some people throw together "progress photos" that are made just to look like progress, yet the final is still the recast piece. They think it will be their defense.

Let's let the OP compare his WIP, the final smooth piece and the OP's piece he believes was recast.

EDIT: I just put three photos side by side...

1. The final smooth "accused recast"
2. The OP's final helmet
3. The work in progress last photo

The progress photos are nothing compared to the final "accused recast". That final recast matches all the shapes and subtle curves of the OP's helmet. My opinion is that this is clearly recast and those photos were thrown together as defense, I wouldn't put it past the chance that it was thrown together in the last day or so....just to cover his butt.

Last edited:

I know this much about Jim Logan;

Over a year ago, he took payment of $150 from me to complete some shin armor I wanted.
fireflyprops.net ? View topic - Alliance Fed Armor

After repeated attempted to get either the armor or the money back, I've still got neither.
If you know him, ask him about how many other people he's stiffed.

Yikes man, I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope something gets resolved on that.

I'm not calling anyone a liar. I've just generally never seen a person cover their tracks with actually showing WIP pics. The amount of bondo dust I've seen him kick up over the past few years would generally make me think he didn't do any recasting, and with that term generally being a death sentence on this board, I'd like to make sure before someone that I've vouched for in the past gets branded one you know?

Sorry to see you have been recast again! I can't understand why he did it, seeing as he had quite a decent WIP going there???? Why people why????

Here are side by side shots to compare. Take a moment, look at distances, lengths, slight angles, subtle curves etc...
Once you take a few moments to just compare, there is no question that his final smooth cast did NOT come from THAT work-in-progress piece. It matches the original poster's final helmet way too much to be a coincident.

Attachments

• recast 1.jpg
    recast 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,007
  • recast 2.jpg
    recast 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,881

Ok,
Here we go..

This is the pic of the helmet he made with the wip.
554176_492995410755918_2099122807_n.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=492995410755918&set=pb.404658592922934.-2207520000.1368115205.&type=3&theater

Here is the cosplayer's page. It shows some better pics of the helmet.
Sebastian Shaw - The_Wolverine
3155104.jpg
This helmet matches his wip.
404221_10150607619404113_2146132828_n.jpg

Here is his latest "helmet"
181403_502505423138250_1269947275_n.jpg
283919_502761073112685_1174888747_n.jpg

here is my cast
X Men First Class Magneto Helmet build57.jpg
X Men First Class Magneto Helmet build52.jpg

In the cutout area, left eye region,
Notice the 2-3 ridge marks from the clay.
It looks the same to me.
So it looks like it was made from a untrimmed kit.
It does not look like he has a v2 crest from me.

He was originally from Florida, where he has a rep for scamming people.
Now he is in LA, according to his FB page.

I can not find a Paypal transaction with anything remotely connected to him, alias, business....
So , i do not believe he bought it from me directly.

Ok,
Here we go..

This is the pic of the helmet he made with the wip.
View attachment 181928
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...922934.-2207520000.1368115205.&type=3&theater

Here is the cosplayer's page. It shows some better pics of the helmet.
Sebastian Shaw - The_Wolverine
View attachment 181929
This helmet matches his wip.
View attachment 181933

Here is his latest "helmet"
View attachment 181934
View attachment 181927

here is my cast
View attachment 181931
View attachment 181935

In the cutout area, left eye region,
Notice the 2-3 ridge marks from the clay.
It looks the same to me.
So it looks like it was made from a untrimmed kit.
It does not look like he has a v2 crest from me.

He was originally from Florida, where he has a rep for scamming people.
Now he is in LA, according to his FB page.

I can not find a Paypal transaction with anything remotely connected to him, alias, business....
So , i do not believe he bought it from me directly.

That does clear up a lot. Getting to see the untrimmed cast proves it as the clay is kinda like a fingerprint. Its weird that he made a one of and then started copying your kit though, doesn't make any sense.

I'm sorry you got ripped off.

LOL Tony Stark is on these helmet photos on his Sknit Shop FB page and dropping the bombshell about him conning people. Apparently, Iron Man is all over this one as well.

Some of his other alias.
Dave Produx, aka outlaw productions
https://www.facebook.com/outlawprodux/photos
197782_10150960938284113_1439541671_n.jpg
Jim Logan, iam logan,
I guess he has been doing this for a while now.

Base on this photo, it is a kit cast by me.
I been using SmoothOn Onyx to cast my helmets for a while.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151531465974113&set=a.10151531463809113.1073741827.829669112&type=3&theater

In the "Moving from Fl to CA sale." album

599583_10151531465974113_1588147239_n.jpg

I messaged him and everything on his facebook profile with the evidence. He blocked me lol

He's been deleting all the links you posted to the helmets. Take screenshots if they are in your browser's history.

I only linked him once on his status, I saw it being posted all over his wall and that's how I found out and came here. I wish I could have but the browser history won't go back to it. This really pisses me off that he's doing this. I messaged him and he gave me this 'YOU ACCUSE MY COMPANY OF STEALING AND THE LAW' blah blah blah. Hopefully, he gets some karma coming to him. His Snikt Shop status said that he BSes some of his work simply because it would be too expensive for him to purchase clay and do his own or something? I'm blocked from that to so can't help you guys out anymore haha.

Wheres the fat guy to follow him around yelling "Your a phony! Hey everybody the guy that lives here is a big fat phony!" sombody please dress up and stand infront of his house yelling this...I'll give you a dollar lol.

On a serious note... this guy is terrible...I hope he gets shut down...or at least sued...

Is there a way to trademark/copyrite movie props? If so, any professional should get one and stamp their products....f this guy. Makes me a little frustrated.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back