Scammer , recaster warning : latest alias Loganprops, recent alias Snikt Shop

Re: Another recaster, and i think this time, I'm done..

I reported him to the BBB. Mine wasn't the first complaint against his company.

A little heads up.

Looks like he "borrowed" some dye-sub suit templates to use as his own.
And will be offering the urethane emblems, pieces etc.. to go along with.
I wonder where he is going to get them from?
Just a little caution to all the fellow makers of suits and emblems.

A little heads up.

Looks like he "borrowed" some dye-sub suit templates to use as his own.
And will be offering the urethane emblems, pieces etc.. to go along with.
I wonder where he is going to get them from?
Just a little caution to all the fellow makers of suits and emblems.

Hi,
A little clarification:
The MOS and Zod looks to be straight Spidey_Boone templates.
With no credit to the original designer.
Everything else looks to be their own work based on 4neodesigns base muscle patterns.

My caution is actually about the offering of the urethane emblems and accessories.

On a another note,
it full on selling of the recasted helmet on instagram.
sniktshop helmet instagram.jpg
Interesting on how the price of the his raw cast is more expensive than mine.
His line about recasting to make things more affordable for people is another lie.

His recent tirade about being a business and having bills to pay is not a justification to steal from people who
create props during their free time or as a hobby.

Thanks

Here you go, detective. Would you like the photoshop file as well so you can do a thorough inspection? Since you have such a keene eye
Screen shot 2013-06-28 at 3.02.41 PM.jpgScreen shot 2013-06-28 at 3.07.33 PM.jpg

While you're at it. I traced these exact photos for the Superman and Zod logo. Whoops I forgot to credit the artist that made that wallpaper. Wait should I credit legendary pictures? Or the production designer that made the logo for the Man of Steel film? Or the digital artist that rendered it like that? Or the artist that stole it from the official website and cropped it into the wallpaper?
Man of Steel General Zod Symbol | Man of Steel General Zod Symbol hd download, Man of Steel General Zod Symbol background desktop
http://www.legendary.com/uploads/films/man-of-steel/mos_glyph_hires.jpg

And just to be safe. Here's a comparison. I erased some areas so you see clearly. Lets forget altogether that both are entirely different patterns; I tried to match them as closely as possible

Untitled-1_zpsf837f356.jpg

I can't believe I had to lower myself to the standards of a bunch of cowards hiding behind their computers.
Move on with your lives. Whatever little lives you have left.

Last edited:

Here you go, detective. Would you like the photoshop file as well so you can do a thorough inspection? Since you have such a keene eye
View attachment 202613View attachment 202614

While you're at it. I traced these exact photos for the Superman and Zod logo. Whoops I forgot to credit the artist that made that wallpaper. Wait should I credit legendary pictures? Or the production designer that made the logo for the Man of Steel film? Or the digital artist that rendered it like that? Or the artist that stole it from the official website and cropped it into the wallpaper?
Man of Steel General Zod Symbol | Man of Steel General Zod Symbol hd download, Man of Steel General Zod Symbol background desktop
http://www.legendary.com/uploads/films/man-of-steel/mos_glyph_hires.jpg

And just to be safe. Here's a comparison. I erased some areas so you see clearly. Lets forget altogether that both are entirely different patterns; I tried to match them as closely as possible

View attachment 202633

I can't believe I had to lower myself to the standards of a bunch of cowards hiding behind their computers.
Move on with your lives. Whatever little lives you have left.

morganfreemanhemad.jpg

Ah,
Finally, somebody from the Sniktshop responses.
Its good to have a 2 way dialog. I really would like to hear what you have to say.
I would guess that your are the female photoshop associate of said Sniktshop?
I understand that you are mad about the accusation and i sincerely apologized for that.
My mistake. It is very obvious that you did the photoshop work.

I can understand how angry i would be if someone claims that my work was not my own.

But, since you are posting on this thread and i am assuming that you have read it in it entirely,
are you not comfortable and not upset that my work was taken by Sniktshop and recast for its own profit and claim of creation?
All the proof is there laid out for you to see.
I look forward to your reply.

I have a feeling you won't get a reply. Only defending their work seems to be the policy, but answering any other questions about recasting??? They stop replying.

They probably know that Art or Montegar are about to put a foot in their backside as soon as they find out they're on the site. The best thing to do is to keep spreading the word to every forum whether normal props like this or even cosplay sites. Hopefully the conventions who keep trying to make him a guest will start spreading the word and avoid him.

Sorry but it still looks like you used Magic Wand to select the fiddly bits and merely changed their scale to fit the Sonju base. Sorry but there are too many "similar" areas on the legs for instance to say you did not trace them and resize.

Sorry but it still looks like you used Magic Wand to select the fiddly bits and merely changed their scale to fit the Sonju base. Sorry but there are too many "similar" areas on the legs for instance to say you did not trace them and resize.

If you're going to play that card, you should probably study up on the laws of appropriation. Sounds a lot like the accusations of Battle Star Galactica vs. Star Wars of the 70's… and guess what BSG won.
There are no grey areas when copying the same source material. That issue was solved decades ago with Andy Warhol and it's why appropriation was created in the first place.
Believe what you want. No one is forcing you to buy my suits.

- - - Updated - - -

Ah,
Finally, somebody from the Sniktshop responses.
Its good to have a 2 way dialog. I really would like to hear what you have to say.
I would guess that your are the female photoshop associate of said Sniktshop?
I understand that you are mad about the accusation and i sincerely apologized for that.
My mistake. It is very obvious that you did the photoshop work.

I can understand how angry i would be if someone claims that my work was not my own.

But, since you are posting on this thread and i am assuming that you have read it in it entirely,
are you not comfortable and not upset that my work was taken by Sniktshop and recast for its own profit and claim of creation?
All the proof is there laid out for you to see.
I look forward to your reply.

What I just read in your response to my dye subs is that you are guilty of making accusations without really any evidence; based solely on assumptions ...essentially just fueled with anger.

If this is "allegedly" your helmet, he must have purchased it from you at some point, correct? Show me a Paypal transaction, bank account transfers, even some kind of email/Facebook correspondence proving that he ordered from you. 
None? 
So what are you going to say? He stole it? Wouldn't that just place you back in the "making assumptions with no evidence" category? 
Contrary to what you may think a few photos collaged from the Internet is not irrefutable evidence. Since so many of you were screaming for a lawyer, it may behoove you to know that, in a court of law, photos are not considered solid evidence any more.
Especially since photoshop heavily influences the Internet nowadays.

This thread started off as someone accusing someone else of recasting, right? What I see is that this has exploded into a mob of hate for one guy exploiting details of his life that are actually completely irrelevant to the original post. Then you people have gone as far as to threaten him AND MYSELF. Not just verbal insults, but including using physical violence! I cannot respect that. 
And ONE accusation DOES NOT negate the fact that he makes hundreds of props. ONE accusation DOES NOT make the countless photos of work in progress shots irrelevant.

And THE IRONY of Grifter posting on this thread. Never mind his imaginary role as arch nemesis of the Snikt Shop solely because of the "competition." Grifters Custom Creations is under constant attack by others about stealing credit for the work that others put in. And under constant scrutiny of whether or not he lies about using toys. The. Irony.

Aside from any of what I wrote above, my PERSONAL thoughts on recasting: I have worked professionally in theatre for almost 7-8 years. I worked in various prop and set houses across the U.S. some big companies and some small. Recasting is not all that big of a deal and it happens on a daily basis. We used to recast things and then rent them out to other productions, commercials, films, photoshoots, museums, convention booths, and we made a profit. And no one came knocking at our door with their pitch forks yelling "Recasters! Burn in hell!" I can give you a list of these prop houses if it will make you feel better. That way, you can go on a tirade on the internet to attack them as well. It won't do any harm to their businesses though. In fact, it may actually give them MORE business, which is the case for Snikt Shop. So thank you for that. 
Something you may love to know is some of the BIG prop makers and FX artists... you know, the kind that have TV shows, YouTube channels, extensive IMDB credits and a large following... You know, the ones you wait in line at conventions to meet and *drool* all over... recast ALL THE TIME. And sell their stuff RIGHT HERE on the RPF under hidden aliases cleverly titled as "Real deal" instead of "recasted."
They have access to the original molds and someone's gotta pay the bills. Especially with so many FX houses going down hill. 
But, you're sitting here, QUESTIONING your irrelevant cosplay helmet..stalking one man...obsessing over one man because your life is just that boring.

So to conclude this long refute that I feel I have entirely wasted my time on; I don't care. This thread has completely derailed from the original post and is so set on it's course that it does not matter a single word I say. Please feel free to respond to this as much as you want. I'm sure the attacks on this thread will just keep on coming until you find someone/thing new to hate. But you will not get a response from me any more and it has nothing to do with cowardice as someone stated above. I don't respect people hiding behind anonymity; THAT'S Cowardly.

"Recasting is not all that big of a deal and it happens on a daily basis. We used to recast things and then rent them"

WOW!!! Toss the poop Art :lol

If this is "allegedly" your helmet, he must have purchased it from you at some point, correct? Show me a Paypal transaction, bank account transfers, even some kind of email/Facebook correspondence proving that he ordered from you. 
None? 
So what are you going to say? He stole it?

Incorrect and logical fail. You are assuming that to be a recaster one must purchase directly from the creator, completely leaving out various other ways items can transfer posession.

All the rest...TL; DR. Don't care what someone who openly and flagrantly violates the terms of membership of the RPF has to say. AMF.

Maybe you are misunderstanding the term recasting?

" 
Something you may love to know is some of the BIG prop makers and FX artists... you know, the kind that have TV shows, YouTube channels, extensive IMDB credits and a large following... You know, the ones you wait in line at conventions to meet and *drool* all over... recast ALL THE TIME. And sell their stuff RIGHT HERE on the RPF under hidden aliases cleverly titled as "Real deal" instead of "recasted."
They have access to the original molds and someone's gotta pay the bills. Especially with so many FX houses going down hill"

What you describe is not recasting. These are the original makers, using the original molds to cast more items. That is different than recasting another prop. The issue is taking a prop that was not created by yourself, and pouring a mold around it, then making casts to sell.

Lol "violate the terms of the RPF." As if an online club determines the "laws." I'd have to sell something on here to violate the terms. As if violently threatening someone as they've done on this thread isn't a violation of the RPF terms. That made me laugh. Thanks.

Maybe you are misunderstanding the term recasting?

" 
They have access to the original molds and someone's gotta pay the bills. Especially with so many FX houses going down hill"

What you describe is not recasting. These are the original makers, using the original molds to cast more items. That is different than recasting another prop. The issue is taking a prop that was not created by yourself, and pouring a mold around it, then making casts to sell.

No, hun. Just to clarify, I'm talking about people in the industry who got molds, casts, and props from a friend of a friend or left overs from old FX company that went out of business or even found here on RPF or on eBay. FX artists that have big names in the scene but didn't necessarily work on the film or production from where the props are from. The same artists that started this forum in the first place years ago.
I refuse to name names.

That's all I'll clarify from my statement.

Last edited:

You don't need to work on any film though. If I get my hands on any original molds, be it from friends, bought here or in eBay... I can make casts from that mold. That is not recasting, that is buying the mold to use.
Now if I buy a prop gun made by an artist here, pour silicon over it and start making casts... That is recasting.

Wow...hun, you have no idea what recasting is, do you.
If you buy a MOLD you are planning on making more items from that MOLD.
The person selling a MOLD expects you to make more items from that MOLD.
That is simple logic and it baffles the mind that this simple concept is lost on the folks over there.

But, whatever. Just keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back