Scammer , recaster warning : latest alias Loganprops, recent alias Snikt Shop

Re: Another recaster, and i think this time, I'm done..

Possibly one and the same

Board of County Commissioners
Palm Beach County Florida
Consumer Affairs Division
Public Safety Department
50 South Military Trail, Suite 201
West Palm Beach, FL, 33415
Main Office (561) 712-6600 - Boca/Delray/Glades (888) 582-7362
Visit Our Website: www.pbcgov.com/consumer
Business Information Report on: Outlaw Produx Snikt Shop
Date of Report: 5/9/2013
Reporting Period: 5/9/2010 To: 5/9/2013
Business Type: E-Commerce
Business Address: 5648 RAMBLER ROSE WAY
West Palm Beach, FL, 33415
Business Mailing Address: 5648 RAMBLER ROSE WAY
West Palm Beach, FL 33415
Phone Numbers of Business: (561) 542-2878 Fax: Not available
Established Year: Not available
Consumer Affair's Business ID: 1201281
Web site address of business: sniktchop.com
Email address of business: sniktshop@gmail.com
Person handling consumer disputes: Not available
Company required to be licensed through P.B.C Consumer Affairs: No

- - - Updated - - -

That's doing a search on the gmail provided on what is left of the Facebook page

Wheres the fat guy to follow him around yelling "Your a phony! Hey everybody the guy that lives here is a big fat phony!" sombody please dress up and stand infront of his house yelling this...I'll give you a dollar lol.

On a serious note... this guy is terrible...I hope he gets shut down...or at least sued...

Is there a way to trademark/copyrite movie props? If so, any professional should get one and stamp their products....f this guy. Makes me a little frustrated.

It's really a gray area. Technically, the maker of this helmet is making profit off of a trademarked piece sooooo really, this guy accused can only be guilty of bad ethics...

Web is full of bad reports about him but no surprise there tbh

Sorry to hear this.

Maybe someone should let the geekieawards know that one of their Judge is a thief

Oh ****, I know of this guy...is this the same guy who does a half-assed "tony stark" suit with just a power glove? If it's the same guy I'm thinking about, he comes off as kind of a jerk, and I've been told he's like this as well. When I was working as a bouncer at a local night club, he came out for halloween night. I guess the owner hired him as a show-boader or something to that affect. He was being followed by some dude with a video camera the entire night. Not those tiny cameras, but those large ones with an annoying bright ass light.

Met him a few years back at PCC, he was paying for the trip out and back from FL by selling his claw sets. Introduced himself as "Jim Logan" to everyone, seemed a little odd, and loved the camera attention. I know that he's makes his way around the Con circuit and has done some "cosplay special guest" appearances.

Is there something we can do as a community to bring more public awareness? Maybe set up an online directory and document their needs? There almost needs to be a fan-run volunteer team watching this so that such a service itself doesn't become a tool for abuse.

So simply via Google searches we have this guys address, telephone and now part of his criminal history....
I'm all for reformed characters but he is being booked as a guest speaker at some conventions and issue are still ongoing!?!

Great representative for the community there!

Great find on the mugshot.

By the way, how do people like this miscreant get a hold of props? Do they buy directly, or someone buys for them? Do friends of recasters realize the pain they cause by aiding and empowering a recaster?

It's a quick buck for most and sadly the end consumer is the victim. The original creator regardless of what they based their creation on is impacted as try see their work perverted if another's gain who hasn't put the time in to research, draft, create and the finalise a product.
There are copyright/licensing issues but its like moulding and iPhone and getting an old Nokia!

I think we should all contact the Geekie Awards where is his a guest judge. They are already investigating him and the input from everyone would be welcome. He post this on his Facebook page and has been deleting opposing opinions whenever someone calls him out for bull****ing his customers.

Yes...most of our helmets start as a bucket and a light cover, yes the base for the Captain America helmet was a toy, yes the original claws were a toy, yes...a ton of bondo later. Sometimes we take shortcuts to keep things affordable for cosplayers and I am not ashamed of this at all, this is how we stay in business...as long as everyone is happy with their product....not everything we make is 199% from scratch as you can see from our WIP pics. If we hand sculpted EVERYTHING from lump of clay there would be no customers as costs and time would be ridiculous.

Thanks for snikting.

Being half honest is still lying.

I just don't get it. I'm totally new to the RPF and this hobby in general, and I've just started scratching the surface. I've started a couple of small mod projects, bought one kit from a well-respected RPF member, and totally understand the hard work that's involved in making these sorts of things.

I have neither the space, budget or talent to do any sort of casting. It just boggles me why someone who *does* have those resources would then proceed to stoop to ripping off someone else's hard work. It's such a short step to offering their *own* work. Not that great at sculpting? Fine, make slightly lesser quality kits and offer them at budget prices for newbies like me to get started on. I promise, there's a market for it. Surely that's better than being sleazy and risking poisoning your rep.

Really sorry this happened to RacerMachX. I hope you reconsider continuing to offer your work to clients. This hobby needs more people like you, and less people like this "Jim Logan".

He admitted why he does it on his page. He is not an artist. He is a business man who simply wants to cut out the middle man by stealing peoples work and selling cheap reproductions.He either steals them from major toy companies and recasts them, or from other artists. The only things he makes are foam cut or PVC cut props which any child could do with a pair of craft scissors and some Elmers glue.

No worries...

All of [The Geekies Award] judges are volunteers and third parties to this business, so we don't have any ties to them in that sense. They aren't making any profit, but are volunteering their time to look at other people's work.

I'm noting that because we will remove Jim from the team; however, as a first year business ourselves, we can't get involved in any of his business disputes.

That said, it's important that we work with the right people, business or not, and do not work with those who have clearly wronged the community. Again, he will be removed from our team today.

Thanks again for your support. I encourage you to continue to spread the word--The community is smaller than you think, and that will indeed allow you to reach that goal.

~ Kristen [from The Geekie Awards]

Small victories...

Edit: I wonder how he will explain that on his Facebook...

Well, looks like he deactivated
https://www.facebook.com/outlawprodux
But thats ok, i archived all his photos.

And regarding the deleted pics on Snikt Shop.

Clipboard01a.jpgClipboard01.jpgClipboard02.jpg

Yup, i got those too.
In fact, i spent the afternoon, archiving his many alias..
Snikt Shop, outlaw produx, jim logan, IamYourHeroes.com ...

Quote Jim Logan via his FB page
" despite the personal issues I am sure they have with me..being that I am a real life person and they are a role play......I think the real problem here is they are "artists" and are charging 500 something for a helmet when I can do much better because I don't hand sculpt them...."

I'm guessing that he is referring to me. :D
Everyone knows that the cost of a fully paint and finished helmet is actual less than half of what he said.

And a big Thank You to The Geekies Award for investigating and finding the truth.

Small victories...

Edit: I wonder how he will explain that on his Facebook...

I think that's a great response from Kristen from The Geekie Awards.

however, as a first year business ourselves, we can't get involved in any of his business disputes.

Fortunately business disputes needn't be a factor as a prior arrest record should be enough to not mar The Geekie Awards.

Quote Jim Logan via his FB page
" despite the personal issues I am sure they have with me..being that I am a real life person and they are a role play......I think the real problem here is they are "artists" and are charging 500 something for a helmet when I can do much better because I don't hand sculpt them...."

1. So he doesn't sculpt, so that makes him better than a sculptor? Or a better human being? Hmmm.

2. He's bringing up that sculptors charge money, therefore it's a crime? Yet he makes money selling cheaply made copies. Make no mistake. One helmet for $500, or ten helmets for $50, the end result is the same.

Very simply, this is thievery for selfish gain. Profiteering for selfish gain. So he can frolic in public in costume parts stolen from other fan sculptors.

What a low life.

Good point Commonbub. Since the work is already owned I guess there is no legal recourse other than exposing him for just being a *******.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back