Iron man foam mark 6 wip

TroyComedy

Hi guys my name is troy and i am new to the RPF im a noob to prop making even though i have made a full darth vader costume,a bane mask and now half an iron man mark 6 suit. this is the first time i have worked with foam and i must say, i like it. my suit so far isnt even comparable to some other ones out there buti am open to critism. alright well here we go.

first, here is my chest and back piece. i connected them with the abs piece. i think this is probably the best piece i have. ironman 004.JPGironman 003.JPGironman 014.JPGironman 013.JPG

here is my neck piece. the velcro itself wasnt strong enough so i had to put in a rubber band to keep it closed while around my neck(any suggestions)
ironman 012.JPGironman 010.JPG

here are my arms. i am yet to finish the shoulders although i do have the bicep and forearm connected with bolts and washers. my gloves are temporary. i am aware they are bad. i plan on making much better ones in the near future
ironman 005.JPGironman 006.JPGironman 007.JPGironman 009.JPGironman 008.JPG

last is my helmet. my helmet is simply not good. its look alright from a distance but up close it looks horrible. the paint is rough, the eyes are slightly uneven, and its just blah. i am willing to buy a helmet since this is my 3rd attempt at a helmet and it is still bad. i give up. haha well yeah if actuqlly have an extra helmet, i may be inerested! but not too pricey! notice the underbite! haha!
ironman 023.JPGironman 024.JPGironman 025.JPG
well thats pretty much i have so far! i have both thighs and one shin but they still need to be painted and tinkered with. well anywyas iam very open to suggestions and i am very excited to see this project finish up! also if there is another cheap alternative to the sealing process before painting, please share! i havehad a lot of trouble with tacky glue! thanksa ton to stealth fore everything!!! i also have a video of my suit so far on youtube under my channel troycomedy
hers the final picture!
ironman 003.JPGhttp://www.therpf.com/attachments/f24/iron-man-foam-mark-6-wip-ironman-028.jpg-181770d1368063466

Attachments

• ironman 028.JPG
    ironman 028.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 118
The point is you're actively doing something and using the information and applying it. Gotta start somewhere. It's certainly not the worst foam build I've seen :)

Did you use any kind of sealant on the foam before painting? You can dilute some elmers glue with water and make several washes to seal the foam so it accepts the paint and looks better.

Also, the edges of your cuts seem rough, i'd invest in an X-Acto knife and a box of blades and change them once every several cuts for cleaner lines.
Keep it up man!

What kind of foam are you using to make the armor? Never done foam build before, might be interesting to try out. Use any templates?

009.JPGI might add too that you should try using a thinner foam (6 mm) if you have it available in your area. Here is my Mark 4 in 6mm foam.

Last edited:
yeah i used tacky glue. i couldnt seem to get the smooth finish i was hoping for though. i used 5 layers of diluted glue. and i do use an exacto knife! hahaha. but thanks for the support! its much appreciated!

i use stealths mark4/6 templates and they are great! i also buy my foam at walmart. i find it in the excercise machines area. just ask about foam mats. its a pack of 6 for 20$ and you should try! its fun!!!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back