Non-Movie armor/helmet (knight) - search help

joeranger

Sr Member
I am going to take the kids/friends to the renfair this summer and I would like to find a couple of easy designs for knight helmets.

It could be from a movie like LOTR or Excalibur, but it really doesn't matter. The idea would be to find a design with a PDO file or template that I could easily make 4-5 helmets out of lightweight aluminum flashing.

Most of the pdo files seem to be movie related. A search on "knight" brings up a lot of Batman.
If you think of the simple bucket helmet like the Black Knight in "Holy Grail" is has a complex curve to make the shape.

Here is one I made but it took a long time because I didn't know what I was doing. I would like a bunch of options so I can pick one that seems pretty easy.

Attachments

• Knight helmet.jpg
    Knight helmet.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 112
Thanks Tom. I actually used a template from the first website as a start for the one I made. Unlike pdo, it just gives you the basic idea and then you have to make it work.
I might also start with some cheap baseball helmets and add a face plate.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back